2019 New York J-E-T-S Thread

NJDevs4978

Only Gase would try a 55-yard FG down 14-0 with neither unit doing a darn thing lol...wtf is that going to do exactly?  Make you lose 35-3 instead of 35-0?  BFD...GO FOR IT! :rant:

And then burning a timeout on top of it...just prime Jets idiocy.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

Only Gase would try a 55-yard FG down 14-0 with neither unit doing a darn thing lol...wtf is that going to do exactly?  Make you lose 35-3 instead of 35-0?  BFD...GO FOR IT! :rant:

And then burning a timeout on top of it...just prime Jets idiocy.

He is PRIME SOJ. How do you not go for it? Or PUNT at least trap them deep. You don't exactly have prime Janikowski kicking the ball there

Still...they can't block. They have a trash 3rd stringer back there and they can't even block for him. it is an abomination

Edited by '7'

12 hours ago, CHIP72 said:

I'm an Eagles fan, and attended the Jets/Eagles game at Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday.  All I can say is the Jets' offense really sucks.

It's the worst in football by far. The offensive line wasn't supposed to be prime hogs but this is absurd and totally unexpected how bad they are. Luke Falk doesn't belong on an NFL field. This is an absolute recipe for disaster

Because of this horrific personnel the Jets literally cannot run offensive plays. The Vyncint Smith TD showed that yes Gase has a brain cell rattling around there somewhere. But these games are forfeits. The D is doing respectable considering the circumstances but the O literally cannot execute a single play

I don't want Darnold behind center until this offensive line improves. He WILL get hurt. Probably immediately vs Dallas. In front of 50,000 Cowboy fans. Granted they do this vs just about everyone but it will be an ugly ugly scene when he drop to 0-5

Edited by '7'

Darnold has been cleared to return and will start vs Dallas. Let's see if he lasts a quarter behind this line. 

Chris Herndon will also be returning from a suspension. 

It's going to be an L, but hopefully it will be a competitive game.

11 minutes ago, '7' said:

Darnold has been cleared to return and will start vs Dallas. Let's see if he lasts a quarter behind this line. 

Chris Herndon will also be returning from a suspension. 

It's going to be an L, but hopefully it will be a competitive game.

Except now Herndon pulled a hammy before officially returning to practice and probably won’t play lol, only the Jets

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Except now Herndon pulled a hammy before officially returning to practice and probably won’t play lol, only the Jets

oh definitely. God hates this team. Though this does tend to happen early in the season when guys ramp up workouts, to him I guess it was early as he hasn't been allowed to be with the team for a month. Doubtful that he plays

Mosley's injury was supposed to be minor. Now he's going to be out for his 4th game. 

The Jets could not afford bad injury luck. And they have had some of the worst in the NFL. Losing guys in places they just couldnt because Mac left us depthless in those areas.

Edited by '7'

If they blow this game too I may not watch sports the rest of the year...this is getting ridiculous now.

You just can't lose this game, up 21-3 right before the half and 21-9 with like twelve minutes left and the ball.  Gase was too conservative without a QB now he's too agressive with one going for three straight passes and giving the ball right back.

Edited by NJDevs4978

LOL well they did get a couple of nice completions to get into scoring range but you just knew they weren't icing the game here.  I know this D's played good in the red zone but I don't want to hear about them ever again if they blow this up now.  Up eight they really have two chances to seal the game, holding them out of the endzone and stopping the two point play.

What a relief. I mean it shouldn't have come to this but the Cowboys are the NFL's 6th ranked D and overall have good personnel. They were going to make something of this. They Jets just can't get near a QB. Williams has got to be less aggressive. They cannot be leaving guys on islands in the secondary

Darnold lifted everyone today. He absolutely breathed life into the franchise again. For him to come back and show zero rust and carve up a team like that...that's impressive. I never expected him to make plays like he did. So many of them. And the oline was leaky as usual. He couldn't just sit back there...he had to be quick and decisive and throw on the run often. 

This again looks too much like a Bowles quitfest. Gase just does not prepare this team well enough. They don't have a ton of talent but they're also playing BELOW their talent level. Offensive line is utter trash. No adjustments are made.

Darnold has looked horrible. A lot of his bad habits are perpetuating. For the first time the thought crept in that maybe he is not the answer at quarterback. I don't know, but the Jets can't be afraid too look next years draft. Defensive line didn't have much of an impact either. I saw Quinnen Williams limping off again. 

Darnold should not have been allowed to come out after the half. Playing behind such an ill prepared clownshow. How exactly is this helping him? I understand you want guys to figure it out in uphill battles but I mean this is the equivalent of a starter giving up 11 in the 1st inning. You probably should've given him the hook at 5 or 6. Now you're just embarrassing him. And the Jets have embarrassed themselves yet again

this has got to be a 1 and done coaching staff.

Thank goodness I've only watched two minutes of this game but oh boy it sounds like Darnold is going full Buttfumble Sanchez bad today.  This game might seriously be the beginning of the end for him, he's playing like a hapless QB against the '85 Bears (think Dieter Brock).

Edited by NJDevs4978

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

Thank goodness I've only watched two minutes of this game but oh boy it sounds like Darnold is going full Buttfumble Sanchez bad today.  This game might seriously be the beginning of the end for him.

Joe Douglas is the only guy here that's truly locked in probably. And he didn't draft Darnold and he's not married to him. Nothing should be guaranteed for him. Though I mean he's never really had weapons or a line.

no point holding onto Bell either if you can dump him somewhere go ahead and do so

Edited by '7'