2019 New York J-E-T-S Thread

NJDevs4978

This is not rock bottom either. Next week in a mostly empty stadium the Jets will get punked by the Giants, Barkley will run all over them to the tune of almost 200 yards. Daniel Jones will look like Tom Brady. It's going to look like the end of the Joe Walton regime next week. Lots of ugliness on the way. Multiple sacks from Leonard Williams. 4+ INTS' from Darnold. Paper Bags. Fire Gase Chants All Game

Next week will be extreme cringeworthy. There is no chance of this NOT happening

Edited by '7'

Well at least now Adams finally decides he would rather play football first and whine later.  Only took going 1-7.

Jets still have the lead thanks to a botched PAT but this is definitely going to be a Devils-like loss.  And now Bell's aggravating his injury, oy vey.

And who does Gase think this kicker is, Sebastian Janikowski?  Sheesh, might as well have punted and tried to keep the lead going into halftime at least.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Jets are terrible, moronic, nobody on that staff can manage a game...this was the first semblance of a little bit of adjustments. But I mean Gase is an awful coach and if that coach is outcoaching Shurmur....if THIS Jets team beats  you thank I'm sorry your gone

Also why the hell is Saquon Barkley on the field. How much more obvious can it be he's not even at 75%...he's at maybe 30%. 

Adams had himself a game, give him full marks. Granted taking a football from Daniel Jones is like taking candy from a baby, but he was still an absolutely dominant presence today. The rest of the Jets secondary could not start on most NCAA rosters. It is the worst secondary we've ever fielded

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Like the immortal Derrick Coleman once said...whoopdee damn doo.  At least it's a repreive of sorts for Darnold who would have REALLY had to hear it if we lost to Jones and Barkley.  And for once the D actually made stops when they needed to late.

Darnold played very well considering he had again no time to throw. Was absolutely ambushed and destroyed most every passing down. Helmets to the ribs, you name it. But he pulled through. Improved decision making and ball security. He found a way to win despite being under duress literally every play

41 minutes ago, '7' said:

Jets are terrible, moronic, nobody on that staff can manage a game...this was the first semblance of a little bit of adjustments. But I mean Gase is an awful coach and if that coach is outcoaching Shurmur....if THIS Jets team beats  you thank I'm sorry your gone

Also why the hell is Saquon Barkley on the field. How much more obvious can it be he's not even at 75%...he's at maybe 30%. 

Adams had himself a game, give him full marks. Granted taking a football from Daniel Jones is like taking candy from a baby, but he was still an absolutely dominant presence today. The rest of the Jets secondary could not start on most NCAA rosters. It is the worst secondary we've ever fielded

The kid from Rutgers was actually better than most of the junk they've been playing lol...maybe this year's Marcus Williams that comes out of nowhere when Rex had that sh!tty secondary.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Probably too little too late but it was refreshing to see the Jets come out and dominate like that. Darnold did have his one bonehead pick but other than that was great. 4 td passes and a great command of the offense. Game was not as close as the score. Felt more like it could've been 45-7 if the Jets didn't let up in garbage time

Since getting rid of Leonard Williams they have 16 sacks in 3 games

12 hours ago, '7' said:

Since getting rid of Leonard Williams they have 16 sacks in 3 games

LOLZ...it's like the curse of 'missed him by that much'

I want to see Darnold do it against the Raiders this week before I'm back on the bandwagon but you know if we do win the drumbeat's going to start to say OMG they could get to 6-7 before playing the Ravens!  Not that they'd ever beat the Ravens but having a few wins down the stretch would at least go a ways to telling me Darnold is made of sterner stuff than he looked after the Pat game, when he looked like a Rutgers QB in a Big Ten game.

This was impressive. Totally came out of nowhere too. And yes it's hard for these west coast teams to come out here for a 1pm much like we always play like crap out west...but the Raiders are legitimate and we outright stomped a mud hole in them. Despite an almost comical and ever growing list of injuries(has too be the most in the NFL...nobody has lost more key guys for longer than us) they got Bell involved early and often. Darnold had enough time and when he didn't, he stepped up, he threw it away, his ball security was good and he did not make idiotic decisions with the football. Never looked at the rush, eyes downfield the whole time. He is pretty good when you give him time, and his footwork was much improved today

The bruised and battered defense played great...aided by some drops but that'll happen. Whatever vision Williams had for this team is finally coming to fruition. Finally Williams Blitzes are causing disruption and havoc. Earlier in the year they were picked up with ease while QB's sat in rocking chairs and picked us apart on 3rd and 15

Disgusting same old Jets horsesh!t. And of course Cinci had to play Dalton. We couldn't get Finley

awful playcalling. awful drops. Low intensity and energy. Gregg Williams with the soft zone D garbage.

This game is over. Loss

and players getting hurt again left and right. Has anyone seen a secondary this battered?

Edited by '7'

Only wish I could boo this team the way I got to boo the Devils yesterday, disgusting.  I don't care if Hewitt is a linebacker trying to cover downfield, Football 101 says you look at the ball, not the receiver on pass coverage.  Just the most glaring example of this team getting brain-dead as usual.

The biased and one sided officiating too. Montgomery gets hit out of bounds on a return and this clown with another hold on us.

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Only wish I could boo this team the way I got to boo the Devils yesterday, disgusting.  I don't care if Hewitt is a linebacker trying to cover downfield, Football 101 says you look at the ball, not the receiver on pass coverage.  Just the most glaring example of this team getting brain-dead as usual.

And this has been an issue going on for years. Back to the Bowles era. Nobody turns their head around to look for the ball.

So incensed with this game. They had BETTER perform the turnaround of a lifetime at the half (they won't)

Darnold has been fine thus far. But 2nd half I worry. He will start forcing the ball and INT's will follow. Robby Anderson robbed him of a TD on a horrid drop. He's had about 4 other drops too

And they'll lose to Miami at home next week too. And they should really. But Miami gives an effort and are competently coached. We're not

And the crowd will be...probably what it looks like now for the Giants/Packers horror show

Edited by '7'

overall I commend Darnold for his effort today. This was a good game he played. Everything around him collapsed. Did he have ONE clean pocket? Don't think so. How many drops? One easy TD for sure. Maybe more than 10 overall. Conservative estimate...8. But no turnovers. He was solid whole the entire cast and crew around him was an absolute joke. So at least you can say he rose above it. He just needs help.

3 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

LOL I pretty much turned this sh!t off at halftime

I had no idea. Wow. It was worse than I though

Gase. I've sort of accepted he's going to be here in 2020. I mean he's actually won as much as Bowles did last year. But losing TWICE like this to garbage teams (though Miami is looking less awful every day. good win) His job needs to be in some jeopardy. You do need to look at other coaches for 2020.