Sign in to follow this  
NJDevs4978

2019 New York J-E-T-S Thread

What the refs do to the Jets weekly, Never seen this before. It's the most disgusting bias I have ever seen. That RTP on Fitz. wow

Edited by '7'

Well, guess it's always nice to beat Miami. Weird game. Darnold was ok. One bad mistake and a few bad throws. But some very good one's too. Jets D was the definition of bend but not break

LOL that inside of two minute review really bailed us out.  And the DB whoever it was overrunning a sure pick-six earlier in the drive.  And Ficken bailed out Gase by actually hitting a 45-yard FG.  I would have tried to get another first down rather than settling for a 45-yarder with a still-shaky kicker.

Funny thing is I actually went to the game so sadly it was the most fun I had at a game since the Devils playoff run two years ago (hadn't been to a Jets game since Geno was the QB), meaningless or not. 

Thursday's gonna be an utter sh!tshow though, especially now likely with Griffin out.  No secondary, the front seven letting Fitz look like Lamar Jackson running the ball this week...it's gonna be like Rutgers going to Ohio State.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Jets really needed to forfeit this and just not take the field

LOL this was closer than I thought for about 28 minutes but they predictably got housed Rutgers-style before a couple of junktime TD's.

This game doesn't mean anything but the Jets plat at the end of the half couldn't have been scripted more SOJ. There are 9 seconds left. Pitt has 0 time outs. Where else would the ball be thrown

The endzone. Why is no Jet in the endzone? They just gave them a TD. How do the Jets not recognize what Pitt will obviously do. Pitt had no other options than that exact play

Edited by '7'

LOL I dozed off a little and my first thought waking up and seeing the highlight was 'there were four seconds left on the clock and you give up a play behind you in the endzone?!'.  Apparently Bless Austin got benched for his role in that disaster.

And honestly I don't think either of these Steeler QB's can play but Rudolph is probably better than Hodges, I was not surprised Tomlin made the switch after the second INT.

Sheesh Maye made the play of the game but why was he in single coverage down the field in the first place?  Make this kid have to make five throws to score a TD, it was almost a reprise of the end of the first half.

Still the D did a good enough job around the play at the end of the half, but the Steelers really have no NFL QB's or NFL RB's after Conner went out.  It was almost like a preseason game when they were on offense, only with their offensive line starters and our D-line starters in there.  Our second-string D kicked their second-string O around the yard.

Not impressive by the offense but at least Darnold avoided the turnover fest I feared against the Steelers D.  I gotta give Ficken credit, I was done with him about a month ago but he's got a little John Hall in him - shaky at times but has still hit some big kicks.

They can actually finish 7-9 fwiw since Buffalo has nothing to play for next week and is probably gonna use their game as a bye.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Have to be fair...good win by the Jets. Darnold wasn't great but he got the job done. Not like he's working with any sort of offensive line or legitimate weapons. He did throw one pick that was dropped (and that was definitely not an interception because he did not finish the play) He had a great TD throw to Anderson.

Steelers are not easy to move the ball against. Jets kept trying and trying but Bell did nothing of significance. But the Jets D stepped up and stiffened outside of the end of the 1st half idiocy. Really we should've held Pitt to just a long FG all day. And you know what YOU SHOULD when they're throwing up Hodgers/Rudolph. When Conner leaves the game and Washington gets hurt.

Even had a Quinnen Williams sighting today!

Still that Darnold fumble at the end of the half irks me. You have to have better ball security there

Maye made some plays today. Otherwise he hasn't had a good season and his career has been quite injury plagued. Next year we need Maye/Adams to patrol that secondary for 16 games.

Edited by '7'

Like these two signings. Kyle Van Roten and Connor McGovern. McGovern finally stabilizes the center position

The #Jets are signing former #Broncos C Connor McGovern to a three-year, $27 million deal that includes $18M fully guaranteed, per source.

The #Jets are signing former #Panthers OL Greg Van Roten, source said. One of the top O-linemen available.

31 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Bleh welp we're drafting a WR early now.

This was a reasonable contract. Why the hell didn't Douglas bring him back for that?

Will Enunwa even be ready to play this year? All we have now is Crowder

Douglas needs to get some weapons for Sam. For a team as thin at WR as we were already you just can't let somebody like Anderson depart with nobody to replace those catches