Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

2019 Miami Dolphins thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

First round of the draft tonight, so time for the new thread. Lots of rumors swirling about a trade back from 13. Should be an interesting night. 

Edited by MadDog2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's to hoping that if there's any drama involving the Dolphins it involves trading back and maybe buying low on Josh Rosen.  Otherwise, I want them to have the most boring draft imaginable.  Stick with the plan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, good pick.

And on another note, please, for the love of GOD, no more mock drafts.  They’re all a complete waste of time, and impossible to predict...they never properly account for teams going off the board, trades up and down, etc...do any of them ever really come close to getting it right?  There’s now even shows where each pick is announced like it’s the real thing...give me a fvcking break.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Dolphins message board, a few people are wary of the fact that he's 23 going on 24.  Doesn't seem like a big deal to me though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

On the Dolphins message board, a few people are wary of the fact that he's 23 going on 24.  Doesn't seem like a big deal to me though.

Who cares? People will bitch about anything. He’s not 27.

Edited by MadDog2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Gotta admit Miami's killing it in terms of getting value...they turned a mid-2 into Rosen, a 2020 2 and 5.  I'm not even a Rosen fan but they definitely stared down the Cardinals on that one.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Gotta admit Miami's killing it in terms of getting value...they turned a mid-2 into Rosen, a 2020 2 and 5.  I'm not even a Rosen fan but they definitely stared down the Cardinals on that one.

The five went to Arizona which doesn’t concern me that much.

Don’t know what to think of it, except the only possible downside is if Rosen turns out to be good enough to make the team not completely suck and screw up the plan to get the QB in next year’s draft.  Barring that, you have a fairly inexpensive backup QB which is how most of them who are taken in the second round end up.  

Like the Dieter selection.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m pretty happy, all things considered. Rosen is dirt cheap money-wise, has potential, and if he sucks, we have a ton of picks next year and should be lousy enough to be in a position to get Tua, Fromm, or Herbert (and obviously some of those picks can be used to trade up if necessary). The Dieter pick I like, we needed a guard and Wisconsin o-linemen are usually pretty good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it. X is a shutdown corner. Build this defense around him, Fitzpatrick, and Wilkins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Love it. X is a shutdown corner. Build this defense around him, Fitzpatrick, and Wilkins.

This team might not be terrible if the coaches are any good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel said:

This team might not be terrible if the coaches are any good.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The classic-look jerseys should be the Dolphins' full-time jerseys.  They simply work. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The classic-look jerseys should be the Dolphins' full-time jerseys.  They simply work. 

I’m hoping they make the full-time change at some point.... there are very few things the fan base is united on as unanimously as wanting to go to the throwbacks full time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m hoping they make the full-time change at some point.... there are very few things the fan base is united on as unanimously as wanting to go to the throwbacks full time. 

Says almost every fan base in America 😂

Owners are definitely into the new jersey thing for themselves but ironically there’s such a hunger for throwbacks slowly but surely owners are milking that cow too (Chargers for example)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Says almost every fan base in America 😂

Owners are definitely into the new jersey thing for themselves but ironically there’s such a hunger for throwbacks slowly but surely owners are milking that cow too (Chargers for example)

The Bills went full throwback as well, and it works for them. The Kelly-era uniforms were fine, but the Bledsoe-era CFL jerseys they wore were awful. These are the best uniforms they’ve had. The Jets has a great look with the throwbacks too, I think they made a huge mistake changing it up. They look like Michigan State now.

Edited by MadDog2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I think the Jets should've just stuck with their current unis.  They were fine.  New ones are OK, but kinda forgettable...at least compared to the outgoing design. 

22 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m hoping they make the full-time change at some point.... there are very few things the fan base is united on as unanimously as wanting to go to the throwbacks full time. 

The main problem is that not one design they've come up with since ditching the old ones has been an improvement.  In the Dolphins' case, the old ones are simply the best ones.  Just go back to them and call it a day.

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Bills went full throwback as well, and it works for them. The Kelly-era uniforms were fine, but the Bledsoe-era CFL jerseys they wore were awful. These are the best uniforms they’ve had. The Jets has a great look with the throwbacks too, I think they made a huge mistake changing it up. They look like Michigan State now.

Speaking of Bledsoe-era, the second, better-known set of Patriots "Flying Elvis" jerseys (from the mid-90s to 2001) really didn't age well at all...the first iteration (1993) actually wasn't too bad...was very simple, very clean...I've actually grown to appreciate these, though they weren't around for long (only two seasons, with the red numbers on the blue jerseys changed to white):

See the source imageImage result for 1994 patriots jersey

 

These however...man, those shoulders and that unnecessary stripe pattern...these are pretty rough to look at now:

See the source image

 

I like the current Pats unis (basically the same since they made their debut, with very minor, almost unnoticeable tweaks)...they've had them for a long time now though...especially considering the "Constant Redesign" era we're in.  Won't surprise me if something new isn't too far away. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, I think the Jets should've just stuck with their current unis.  They were fine.  New ones are OK, but kinda forgettable...at least compared to the outgoing design. 

The main problem is that not one design they've come up with since ditching the old ones has been an improvement.  In the Dolphins' case, the old ones are simply the best ones.  Just go back to them and call it a day.

Speaking of Bledsoe-era, the second, better-known set of Patriots "Flying Elvis" jerseys (from the mid-90s to 2001) really didn't age well at all...the first iteration (1993) actually wasn't too bad...was very simple, very clean...I've actually grown to appreciate these, though they weren't around for long (only two seasons, with the red numbers on the blue jerseys changed to white):

See the source imageImage result for 1994 patriots jersey

 

These however...man, those shoulders and that unnecessary stripe pattern...these are pretty rough to look at now:

See the source image

 

I like the current Pats unis (basically the same since they made their debut, with very minor, almost unnoticeable tweaks)...they've had them for a long time now though...especially considering the "Constant Redesign" era we're in.  Won't surprise me if something new isn't too far away. 

Since the Fins are wearing those for the Pats game, I’d love for the Pats to show up in these:  

BB3072A7-44FF-417B-8ABB-07BABF30DE7A.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like those unis as occasionals, but I would never want the Pats to go back to them full-time...the current ones just feel right.  But yeah, I would be 100% on board with the Pats and Dolphins playing their game in Miami wearing throwback unis every year...hell, if anything it'd be very fitting...the Pats didn't exactly win a ton wearing the old reds, and they don't seem to win down there much now either, soooooo...

As a jersey guy (I'm far more into hockey jerseys than anything else), I would love to get my hands on a Bledsoe 75th NFL jersey...it's the blue one above with white numbers (and red outlines).  Hard to come by though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.