2019 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

Lol

D9D3FA2B-AEE6-4D0C-BD0D-D3DE13E354B8.png

Offseason officially beings.  Impressive showing from Flores for a team that wasn't supposed to win any games, literally.  But we've seen this before with Todd Bowles, so I'm reserving judgment.

Have heard that the Lions will take Tua if he gets medical clearance, which would be unfortunate for us.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 9:28 AM, Daniel said:

Lol

D9D3FA2B-AEE6-4D0C-BD0D-D3DE13E354B8.png

Offseason officially beings.  Impressive showing from Flores for a team that wasn't supposed to win any games, literally.  But we've seen this before with Todd Bowles, so I'm reserving judgment.

Have heard that the Lions will take Tua if he gets medical clearance, which would be unfortunate for us.

Other than last year, Stafford you could pretty much rely on for 16 a year, and he's definitely been an above average QB and still only 31. I'd be curious what their plans are with Matthew if they end up taking Tua.

Trade? I could see Carolina being interested

57 minutes ago, '7' said:

Other than last year, Stafford you could pretty much rely on for 16 a year, and he's definitely been an above average QB and still only 31. I'd be curious what their plans are with Matthew if they end up taking Tua.

Trade? I could see Carolina being interested

The fact that they kept Patricia around, who presumably will have some say in who gets drafted, leads me to believe they're not drafting Tua at least not with their first pick.  Tua is almost certainly not playing next year and a coach that needs to win to save his job can't take someone like that at 3 overall when they have someone like Matt Stafford who they just signed to a big money contract.  You never get close to even value when you trade someone like that anyway.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The fact that they kept Patricia around, who presumably will have some say in who gets drafted, leads me to believe they're not drafting Tua at least not with their first pick.  Tua is almost certainly not playing next year and a coach that needs to win to save his job can't take someone like that at 3 overall when they have someone like Matt Stafford who they just signed to a big money contract.  You never get close to even value when you trade someone like that anyway.

I agree...I don't see Tua to Detroit at all really.

fwiw I think the Fords are pretty patient. A bit surprised still that Caldwell was let go after a 9-7 season. I think Jim Caldwell is actually with Miami now? Not sure in what capacity

1 hour ago, '7' said:

I agree...I don't see Tua to Detroit at all really.

fwiw I think the Fords are pretty patient. A bit surprised still that Caldwell was let go after a 9-7 season. I think Jim Caldwell is actually with Miami now? Not sure in what capacity

He was brought on to be either the quarterbacks coach or an assistant head coach (forget the title) but he got sick in the offseason and is on an extended leave of absence.

• 10 months later...

Congrats to MadDog2020 and Daniel. The Dolphins have now beaten the Jets 8 of the last 10 times.

Never.... EVER...... did I think I’d live to ever see it get this bad for the Jets, as it is this season.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

Congrats to MadDog2020 and Daniel. The Dolphins have now beaten the Jets 8 of the last 10 times.

Never.... EVER...... did I think I’d live to ever see it get this bad for the Jets, as it is this season.

Thanks Beez. Not gonna lie, it’s been fun beating up on the Jets the last few years. I’m sure things will pick up once you draft Lawrence and get a new head coach though. It’s a good year to suck. 

• 3 months later...

Brilliant move by the Dolphins.  They have become incredibly adept at snagging first-round picks.

Get the feeling Garapollo to the Pats might become a thing again.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Brilliant move by the Dolphins.  They have become incredibly adept at snagging first-round picks.

Get the feeling Garapollo to the Pats might become a thing again.  

Getting two first rounders to go from 3 to 6 is some asset management. They’ll probably get the best of whoever they want aside from the three QB’s, the tackle and Pitts, maybe Devonta Smith? They could definitely use a WR. Or Smith goes in the top five and they get Pitts.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Getting two first rounders to go from 3 to 6 is some asset management. They’ll probably get the best of whoever they want aside from the three QB’s, the tackle and Pitts, maybe Devonta Smith? They could definitely use a WR

Yeah, that's a hell of a haul to drop down three spots.  That's some fine wheelin and dealin.  

Jimmy G to the Pats kinda feels preordained now...I'll be stunned if it doesn't happen.  I certainly like him better than Cam, but he managed to play 16 regular season games just once.  We'll see how much of an upgrade he'll really be. 

• Like 2

And of course, it will be interesting to see if Lynch overplays his hand...he shouldn't expect to get a first-rounder from the Pats for Jimmy G...I can see, say, a second and a fourth (Pats have three fourth-rounders this year).  Everyone knows San Fran is going to want to play their new toy sooner than later, and Garopollo is due a lot of money...if they want a placeholder-type, they can pay a lot less money, and right now there's a team in the Pats who's willing to take Garopollo off their hands, even with his warts (injuries, etc).

If I'm being honest, I was kind of looking forward to seeing the Pats find a way to move up enough to snag a young QB, but given how firmly BB is entrenched in "Win Right Now Dammit!" mode, he's going to go for a guy with experience...and it sure looks like a guy he's always been very high on should be available, even if Lynch wants to make it sound like Garopollo somehow isn't.  Curious to see what the final cost is.  

Anyway, being that this is a Dolphins thread...again, just wow.  Hats off to them.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Getting two first rounders to go from 3 to 6 is some asset management. They’ll probably get the best of whoever they want aside from the three QB’s, the tackle and Pitts, maybe Devonta Smith? They could definitely use a WR. Or Smith goes in the top five and they get Pitts.

I’d be good with one of Pitts, Smith, or Chase at 6. We definitely need a WR, and Pitts is being compared to Gronk and Kelce in terms of ceiling. Any of those three is fine by me.

Edited by MadDog2020