2019 IIHF World Championship

Nicomo

Figured we should just have a dedicated thread for the whole tournament since we have other players like Nico to follow, and it’s not just all about Hughes or Kakko. Ok...it’s mostly about those two.

USA is all over France early. DeBrincat is so damn good. What a steal Chicago got with him in the 2nd round. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, moustic said:

Our next 1st pick is struggling to do anything 

#onlyOneGame

He’s looked good to me. Obviously be nice to see some points, but he certainly doesn’t look outmatched vs the men. Even if they’re just French men. :P

• Haha 2

tututut ! we french are... 
Ok we are weak at hockey fiiiiine ! ; ) 

And we disagree about not being outmatched...  It's obvious that this kid know how to skate. It's pure beauty ! But he got trouble make things happen in this game. And i think it's due to strenght.

6 minutes ago, moustic said:

And we disagree about not being outmatched...  It's obvious that this kid know how to skate. It's pure beauty ! But he got trouble make things happen in this game. And i think it's due to strenght.

I haven’t seen one instance of him being outmuscled the entire game...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Are you watching the game or are you watching the box score? 

i really don't care about the Box score on a game like that... 
I did watch the 2 first periods and i wasn't impress at all. But again... I want him on my team. .. I know the context and everything around him.

23 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Can someone please explain what these stats mean (without telling me how stupid I am for not knowing)?    There's no Legend on the IIHF page that explains it.    Thanks.

spacer.png

Total shots & Total shifts. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, moustic said:

See... french people from Canada a better pal. Brodeur, Fleury, Mario Lemieux, Patrick Roy, Bergeron, etc etc ;)

15 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Figured we should just have a dedicated thread for the whole tournament since we have other players like Nico to follow, and it’s not just all about Hughes or Kakko. Ok...it’s mostly about those two.

USA is all over France early. DeBrincat is so damn good. What a steal Chicago got with him in the 2nd round. 

Our players involved is a distant second for me behind watching the US. I watch this tournament as the most legitimate international senior men's hockey competition that we currently have. 

I really wish the IIHF would move this tournament to June or July and have it every other year. They could definitely turn it into a marquee event if they weren't limited with the player pool and brought every other tournament to North America.

Edited by thecoffeecake