2019 IIHF World Championship

Nicomo

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

What a garbage goal given up by Cory there, Jesus Christ.

Edit: Not Cory!  

Perfectly normal reaction to a bad goal, assuming it was Cory. 

I have to say, I don't give two sh!ts about Hughes or Kakko right now, look at what our boy Nico is accomplishing!!

53 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Gotta roof that Jack.

I have to try to find that at full speed. I think he half assed that thinking it was an easy tap. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Holy sh!t

Ben Bowns lady's and gentlemen. One (future?) Devil getting robbed by a current (Cardiff) Devil. 

GB's star player. 

Really please with that result after the Denmark sh!tshow. I want the see less of the "just happy to be here attitude". 

• Like 2

He clearly got a little cheeky and thought he had a tap in - and frankly I don't blame him.  It pretty much was.. but he put it into the goalie's glove.  95% of the net was open to shoot at and.. he hit the 5%.

Edited by Devilsfan118

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

He clearly got a little cheeky and thought he had a tap in - and frankly I don't blame him.  It pretty much was.. but he put it into the goalie's glove.  95% of the net was open to shoot at and.. he hit the 5%.

Yeah, but you don’t do that as an 18 year old, would be #1 pick. So lazy on that play. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, but you don’t do that as an 18 year old, would be #1 pick. So lazy on that play. 

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't make me happy to see him do that, but I'm not gonna crucify him over it.  He's 18, and playing in an IIHF tournament. I'd rather him make those mistakes and learn from them now, this way he doesn't make them 5 years from now in th Stanley Cup Finals  when he's leading us to our 4th Cup.

7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't make me happy to see him do that, but I'm not gonna crucify him over it.  He's 18, and playing in an IIHF tournament. I'd rather him make those mistakes and learn from them now, this way he doesn't make them 5 years from now in th Stanley Cup Finals  when he's leading us to our 4th Cup.

I didn’t exactly crucify him. I am just  acknowledging that it is a bad optic

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MB3 said:

God damnit Kakko is making this so difficult.

what a fvcking goal, holy sh!t.

Wish there was a "Shocked" reaction option 'cause that's what I am right now.

Kakko really really really wants to be the #1 pick.

10 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Kakko really really really wants to be the #1 pick.

And I really really consider it (even if i'm still well aware of the  " Center is more important " bla bla bla bla ... " We can't judge on a tournament " ) (except.. yes we can) 

HOWEVER....

Regardless of how Hughes and Kakko end their World Championships, the Devils won’t base their decision on a 10-or-so-game stretch in a May tournament. They’re going to base it on everything they’ve seen from both players over the past two years, and they’re going to take the player — Hughes or Kakko — they feel gives them the best chance to transform their franchise.

>>> Well said.

Edited by glenwo2

The arguments amongst us :

spacer.png

EDIT : *PSST*  This is the part where you, the poster laugh and react (or do SOMETHING!).     I mean Holy Jesus f'n Christmas... Hey everybody!  I put up a FUNNY MEME that I *thought* you all here would find humorous, you know?    It's not against the rules to have a sense of humor after all.    smh. :noclue:

Edited by glenwo2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1