2019 IIHF World Championship

Nicomo

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Good game for Cory. 

Ever have that feeling where you're the only one posting in this thread?  :giggle:

Very good game by Cory, indeed.

Jack almost had a goal there, too.

What I didn't appreciate was the constant BINGO-Balling of the lines by Blashill.

Aside from that, Good win by the USA team.

34 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Ever have that feeling where you're the only one posting in this thread?  :giggle:

Very good game by Cory, indeed.

Jack almost had a goal there, too.

What I didn't appreciate was the constant BINGO-Balling of the lines by Blashill.

Aside from that, Good win by the USA team.

Seems that way doesn’t it? I’m more interested in this tournament than the playoffs right now tbh. 

And yeah he was all over the place with the lines. They couldn’t get any rhythm going for long stretches. I think Ferraro commented on it a couple times. 

USA is looking much better after a shaky start though.

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

Wow.   Sweden got hosed on a goal scored by Latvia that was an OBVIOUS OFFSIDES but the Refs and the video review was blown.    They need glasses.

Oh and Bratt once again relegated to 13th man.    WHAT THE HELL?!?!   IS HE *THAT* INJURED?  :soap:

Edited by glenwo2

5 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

LOL!!   What kind of IDIOT COACH would pull their Goaltender in a 4-4 tie game? 🤣

Sweden got control of the puck and got an easy tie-breaking (and game-winning) EMPTY-NET goal.  

I don't know what the standings look like right now but my guess is that they needed the 3pt regulation win to advance and not just the 2pts for the OTW.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Crisis said:

I don't know what the standings look like right now but my guess is that they needed the 3pt regulation win to advance and not just the 2pts for the OTW.

Is that right?      That WOULD explain such a befuddling decision.

10 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

LOL!!   What kind of IDIOT COACH would pull their Goaltender in a 4-4 tie game? 🤣

Sweden got control of the puck and got an easy tie-breaking (and game-winning) EMPTY-NET goal.  

They needed to win in regulation. 

Little friendly advice. When something this weird happens... assume there's some sort of logical reason. Do a bit or research cause if you don't and make some sort of emotional post about it you may end up looking like the uneducated idiot haha even worst... uneducated idiot in caps lock lol

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

Nice come back. Always good to get one over our old buddies the French.

WE ARE SOOOOOO sh!tTY ! 

And only deserving situation is going down... It's really sad (coz lot of people try their hardest in the federation) but it's the really obvious result of decades of bad situation in France about Hockey. 
It's sad but true : We suck at hockey. But with a little change of a mix of " money / media coverage / right people put in the right position / more money " ... we should be able to be a strong hockey nation (if Swiss can, we can no ? No direspect to Swiss.. but it's a tiny country) (with tons of money ok... ) 

Anyway... I'm Sad 

and congrats GB ! You deserve the win and to stay up ! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

They needed to win in regulation. 

Little friendly advice. When something this weird happens... assume there's some sort of logical reason. Do a bit or research cause if you don't and make some sort of emotional post about it you may end up looking like the uneducated idiot haha even worst... uneducated idiot in caps lock lol

Well I liked it that Crisis responded in a mature manner, letting me know what the reason might have been.   Even he wasn't sure but it made sense to me.

And he didn't call me an "uneducated idiot" either so props to him.   ;)

And I make emotional posts because they're Fun to make.   

If I end up being wrong, I'll take my lumps of course but I do appreciate when I get proper explanations instead of insults.  :)

I *can* learn,  you know?

Edited by glenwo2

5 minutes ago, moustic said:

WE ARE SOOOOOO sh!tTY ! 

And only deserving situation is going down... It's really sad (coz lot of people try their hardest in the federation) but it's the really obvious result of decades of bad situation in France about Hockey. 
It's sad but true : We suck at hockey. But with a little change of a mix of " money / media coverage / right people put in the right position / more money " ... we should be able to be a strong hockey nation (if Swiss can, we can no ? No direspect to Swiss.. but it's a tiny country) (with tons of money ok... ) 

Anyway... I'm Sad 

and congrats GB ! You deserve the win and to stay up ! 

France and GB are basically in the same boat Mous, there has been so much upheaval at every level of UK ice hockey it's a wonder we can get a team on the ice half the time. 

Over the last few years though it's been a bit more stable and we are starting to see some positive results. 

The NHL making another stop in the UK wouldn't do any harm. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

Well I liked it that Crisis responded in a mature manner, letting me know what the reason might have been.   Even he wasn't sure but it made sense to me.

And he didn't call me an "uneducated idiot" either so props to him.   ;)

And I make emotional posts because they're Fun to make.   

If I end up being wrong, I'll take my lumps of course but I do appreciate when I get proper explanations instead of insults.  :)

I *can* learn,  you know?

Dude i didn't just go and randomly insulted you. You didn't look into something, jumped to conclusions and called someone an IDIOT COACH when you didn't have all the details and he had very good reasons to do it. So you made an uneducated comment and called someone an idiot for it. I simply re-packaged what you said and returned it to you so you realize how silly it was and that there's a better way to approach these kinds of situations / avoid looking like a fool. There's something for you to learn here.

And you're already getting quite a bit of heat here already as we talked about and as "fun" as those emotional posts can be for you to make. Some of them are the reason you are already turning some people against you and you'd benefit greatly from being able to recognize when to tone it down. I'm legit trying to help here

Edited by SterioDesign

My advice there... Will be to follow SD's advice. He is well known to be a pacifier on Njdevs : ) 
But seriously listen to him ! 

And here we love passion and all that... But we are old grumpy dudes that don't wanna be disturbed as well ; ) 

And let me be SAD about my fvckin'team being ridiculous in front of the whole world (ok .. Whole world doesn't care about hockey but still ! ) 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Well there was the time that LucifersDog sent me a photo of my wife that he had apparently saved from a post a few years back with the caption "this is the slut who only sleeps with you for your money".

Joke's on him (or her?), I'm flat broooooooke. 

Same guy that was Boston Nola or some such wasn’t it? 

The one that got run off the board for claiming Cammalleri was milking his daughter’s illness...

class act that guy

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Same guy that was Boston Nola or some such wasn’t it? 

The one that got run off the board for claiming Cammalleri was milking his daughter’s illness...

class act that guy

Yeesh I remember that.  Not a good look.

17 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Almost forgot to mention my weirdest interaction. A PM from a "guest" with the following. Apparently asking me if I can learn how to play the song "Dysentary Gary" by Blink 182 on the bass. Sorry dude, I don't know how to play bass. 

njd.jpg

I hate you all
Your mom's a whore
Where's my dog? Cause girls are such a drag

Great tune - thanks for the reminder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Yeesh I remember that.  Not a good look.

So do I.  I had forgotten that guy's name until now.  Pretty sure that wasn't too long after I had joined here.  Needless to say it had me wondering whether or not I wanted to stick around lol.  I'm glad I did (well, on most days anyway). :D