Sign in to follow this  
Nicomo

2019 IIHF World Championship

1 hour ago, moustic said:

My advice there... Will be to follow SD's advice. He is well known to be a pacifier on Njdevs : )

46982616135_d3b18dea9b_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Well I liked it that Crisis responded in a mature manner, letting me know what the reason might have been.   Even he wasn't sure but it made sense to me.

I was sure B)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

There’s stories to be told...

Well there was the time that LucifersDog sent me a photo of my wife that he had apparently saved from a post a few years back with the caption "this is the slut who only sleeps with you for your money".

Joke's on him (or her?), I'm flat broooooooke. 

Edited by MB3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Well there was the time that LucifersDog sent me a photo of my wife that he had apparently saved from a post a few years back with the caption "this is the slut who only sleeps with you for your money".

Same guy that was Boston Nola or some such wasn’t it? 

The one that got run off the board for claiming Cammalleri was milking his daughter’s illness...

class act that guy

Just now, Nicomo said:

The one that got run off the board for claiming Cammalleri was milking his daughter’s illness...

class act that guy

That was always assumed but never confirmed. And if he is the same person, he's since mellowed out a ton after LD got the ban-hammer. But the whole 'milking the illness' thing was very icky. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

class act that guy

Yeesh I remember that.  Not a good look.

Almost forgot to mention my weirdest interaction. A PM from a "guest" with the following. Apparently asking me if I can learn how to play the song "Dysentary Gary" by Blink 182 on the bass. Sorry dude, I don't know how to play bass. 

njd.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Almost forgot to mention my weirdest interaction. A PM from a "guest" with the following. Apparently asking me if I can learn how to play the song "Dysentary Gary" by Blink 182 on the bass. Sorry dude, I don't know how to play bass. 

njd.jpg

I hate you all
Your mom's a whore
Where's my dog? Cause girls are such a drag

Great tune - thanks for the reminder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Yeesh I remember that.  Not a good look.

So do I.  I had forgotten that guy's name until now.  Pretty sure that wasn't too long after I had joined here.  Needless to say it had me wondering whether or not I wanted to stick around lol.  I'm glad I did (well, on most days anyway). :D

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Blashill is a dope

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

That’s not cool. I guess that goes without saying. 

It shows marked ignorance, everyone knows once you marry them, they no longer need to sleep with you to get your money. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

So do I.  I had forgotten that guy's name until now.  Pretty sure that wasn't too long after I had joined here.  Needless to say it had me wondering whether or not I wanted to stick around lol.  I'm glad I did (well, on most days anyway). :D

So THAT’s who we blame...

;) 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Wow that's disappointing.

Jack's been one of the better players in his limited ice time, or so I thought.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Wow that's disappointing.

Jack's been one of the better players in his limited ice time, or so I thought.

Blashill has to make sure Luke Glendening gets enough ice, no room for a little twerp like Hughes. 🙄

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is surprising yet not surprising, if that makes any sense.

Surprising in that in the biggest game thus far involving an opponent that consists of all NHL players (which would've been good for his development), Jack is sitting (albeit for Gaudreau but still...).

Unsurprising 'cause it's Blashill.      sigh....

Edited by glenwo2

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I'm fine with it.  Playing in more games at the Worlds won't make Hughes a better player than he's going to be and at least we know he's not going to get seriously injured.  If it makes a difference as to Shero, then he probably shouldn't have anything to do with the draft and it probably shows he's not qualified to clean out the deep fryer in one of the concession stands.

At most it's fodder for arguments with Kakko fanboys, which is something you're better off staying away from if you want to keep your sanity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I'm fine with it.  Playing in more games at the Worlds won't make Hughes a better player than he's going to be and at least we know he's not going to get seriously injured.  If it makes a difference as to Shero, then he probably shouldn't have anything to do with the draft and it probably shows he's not qualified to clean out the deep fryer in one of the concession stands.

At most it's fodder for arguments with Kakko fanboys, which is something you're better off staying away from if you want to keep your sanity.

Yeah I mean it’s not a big deal, but I would’ve liked to see him play anyway.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It won't make him a better player but it wouldn't hurt to have him experience a Playoff-type atmosphere in facing off against players he will no doubt encounter in the NHL.   

I think that would be good for his development but I'm not the Coach.   

That said, your second point is valid since the game could turn nasty so I can see why it's better Jack sit this one out.     But I doubt protecting Jack from injury was what Blashill had in mind.   

He just seems like he doesn't know what he is doing as a Head Coach.

Maybe Hynes should take over.....or not.   "The blind leading the Blind" comes to mind when I think that.  :rofl:

Edited by glenwo2

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

It won't make him a better player but it wouldn't hurt to have him experience a Playoff-type atmosphere in facing off against players he will no doubt encounter in the NHL.   

I think that would be good for his development but I'm not the Coach.   

That said, your second point is valid since the game could turn nasty so I can see why it's better Jack sit this one out.     But I doubt protecting Jack from injury was what Blashill had in mind.   

He just seems like he doesn't know what he is doing as a Head Coach.

Maybe Hynes should take over.....or not.   "The blind leading the Blind" comes to mind when I think that.  :rofl:

It makes no difference to his development, period.  He will not score one more or less goal in his NHL career because of not playing in this game.  He will not play better or worse in a single NHL game because of not playing in this game.  There is nothing about this tournament that teaches someone how to play in a big game.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I mean it’s not a big deal, but I would’ve liked to see him play anyway.

When you come down to it, he was pretty lucky to have been there at all.  I see whatever time he got there as a bonus...and even better, he got through it healthy.  

• Like 2