Nicomo

2019 IIHF World Championship

Ugh fvck that. Feel bad for the Swiss 

Some reactions from today's game: 

@TheDraftAnalyst
Jack Hughes in this tournament has spent more time supporting behind the net than at any point in the last two regular seasons. Clearly making an effort to improve his defensive-zone play, and he’s picked off passes as well.

Don’t care if it’s one game — Jack Hughes is making a lot of you look pretty fvckin' stupid.

@chrismpeters
Jack Hughes was named U.S. Player of the Game in today’s quarterfinal after his two-assist performance. Played 12:52 in the game, but his minutes went up in the third period.
--
Jack Hughes was a big part of USA’s toughest game of the tournament. He looked like a pro today with his reads and his effort. He was hard on pucks, getting his stick under guys and made confident plays. Two assists against the best team in the tournament by a mile.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@SterioDesign

Dylan Larkin being injured opened the door for Jack to come in, do Jack Hughes things, make an impact, and make Blashill look more stupid than he normally is.  :D

Remember what I said about gaining experience in big pressure games?  Jack got a crash course against Russia.

Loved his performance as it showed that....YES..he *can* play Defense, too.  :)

Edited by glenwo2

What a fun day to be able to watch the tournament. Nico and Severson with big goals, Schneider with a bunch of great saves, Hughes with a couple of assists and good minutes late in the game, and the Queen with the OT loss. Yes, a good day indeed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Some reactions from today's game: 

@TheDraftAnalyst
Jack Hughes in this tournament has spent more time supporting behind the net than at any point in the last two regular seasons. Clearly making an effort to improve his defensive-zone play, and he’s picked off passes as well.

Don’t care if it’s one game — Jack Hughes is making a lot of you look pretty fvckin' stupid.

@chrismpeters
Jack Hughes was named U.S. Player of the Game in today’s quarterfinal after his two-assist performance. Played 12:52 in the game, but his minutes went up in the third period.
--
Jack Hughes was a big part of USA’s toughest game of the tournament. He looked like a pro today with his reads and his effort. He was hard on pucks, getting his stick under guys and made confident plays. Two assists against the best team in the tournament by a mile.

He’s been good all tournament though. But apparently if you don’t post points because teammates don’t finish or you don’t get PP time then some people think otherwise lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SargentD said:

What a fun day to be able to watch the tournament. Nico and Severson with big goals, Schneider with a bunch of great saves, Hughes with a couple of assists and good minutes late in the game, and the Queen with the OT loss. Yes, a good day indeed!

The US was eliminated, booooo bad take.

7 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

The US was eliminated, booooo bad take.

They weren’t winning gold anyway. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

It was a lousy draw, getting Russia so early.  

Had they drawn another team(even the Finland Kakkos), they might've at least gotten to the Semis.

18 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Not with Blashill behind the bench. Why does US Hockey always fvck up the personnel for the senior men's events? Nothing was a bigger disaster than Lombardi/Tortorella. 

• Like 1

I’m glad that Cory and Severson might have gained some confidence going into next season.  Glad that Hughes likely learned a thing or two by playing with and against seasoned NHL pros, became more confident in his own abilities and at least temporarily shut up some of the more annoying Kakko fanboys.

Otherwise, I care more about the score of a Devils preseason game than I do about the outcome of this tournament.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

I’m glad that Cory and Severson might have gained some confidence going into next season.  Glad that Hughes likely learned a thing or two by playing with and against seasoned NHL pros, became more confident in his own abilities and at least temporarily shut up some of the more annoying Kakko fanboys.

Otherwise, I care more about the score of a Devils preseason game than I do about the outcome of this tournament.

oh my man.

This will literally never end. Unless one of those 2 players sh!t the bed it's going to be debated for decades. And everyone will be biased depending on who they decided to pick from the get go. Nobody will change their minds about it lol Whoever was team Crosby or team Ovechkin year and years ago are still having that debate to this day and nothing will change their mind lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

oh my man.

This will literally never end. Unless one of those 2 players sh!t the bed it's going to be debated for decades. And everyone will be biased depending on who they decided to pick from the get go. Nobody will change their minds about it lol Whoever was team Crosby or team Ovechkin year and years ago are still having that debate to this day and nothing will change their mind lol

The only thing I want, SD, is that once the Devils select Hughes....that we focus on what Hughes is doing and not what Kakko is doing in NY. 

Of course, as you correctly pointed out, that's easier said then done as they will be debated for as long as they are in the NHL on Rival teams and Organizations. 

Edited by glenwo2

7 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

The only thing I want, SD, is that once the Devils select Hughes....that we focus on what Hughes is doing and not what Kakko is doing in NY. 

Of course, as you correctly pointed out, that's easier said and done as they will be debated for as long as they are in the NHL on Rival teams and Organizations. 

Yeah, whether Kaako is better or not, there’s no way anyone won’t be focused on what he’s doing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Of course, as you correctly pointed out, that's easier said and done as they will be debated for as long as they are in the NHL on Rival teams and Organizations. 

Watching Kakko against our current defence next season might prove a bit too painful to stop that argument from happening! I have no doubt there will be some fans that call for Sheros head (althought not on this forum) the first time Kakko scores against us.

• Angry 1

4 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

Watching Kakko against our current defence next season might prove a bit too painful to stop that argument from happening! I have no doubt there will be some fans that call for Sheros head (althought not on this forum) the first time Kakko scores against us.

Ugh.   I can just imagine it happening, too.   

We will have a bunch of "I told you so's" from various fans(mainly Finnish fans) on twitter or other boards(don't know about this board, though), and Rangers fans out there would be saying "Thanks for Kakko" to Devils fans.  

Bah.    :rant:

no matter who is selected first overall people are going to bitch as soon as they see the 2nd overall having any type of success. for those of us that are part of the devils all day all night FB group, brace yourselves 

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

no matter who is selected first overall people are going to bitch as soon as they see the 2nd overall having any type of success. for those of us that are part of the devils all day all night FB group, brace yourselves 

Your first mistake is being part of a stupid Facebook group.... those are dipsh!t central.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

Ugh.   I can just imagine it happening, too.   

We will have a bunch of "I told you so's" from various fans(mainly Finnish fans) on twitter or other boards(don't know about this board, though), and Rangers fans out there would be saying "Thanks for Kakko" to Devils fans.  

Bah.    :rant:

Who cares..... remind them they’ve won one Cup since the invention of the telephone and move on with your life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Who cares..... remind them they’ve won one Cup since the invention of the telephone and move on with your life. 

You're right.

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

oh my man.

Kakko is nowhere close to Ovechkin so just stop. Hughes on the other hand is closer to generational than KK. Also, no one outside of DC would argue that Ovechkin has been the better all around player than Crosby.

This has always been the Jack Hughes draft. NOBODY before the WC would have mentioned KK in any generational conversation. 

Edited by devlman
  • Like 2

It was a lousy draw, getting Russia so early.  

Had they drawn another team(even the Finland Kakkos), they might've at least gotten to the Semis.

It wasn't a lousy draw. The US were 4th in their group and consequently got the 1st place team from the other group

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Really surprised the Russians came up short. Thought they were the best team in the tournament by far. Them and the Czechs for bronze tomorrow. 

Guess I’ll root for Canada over Finland because of Severson. And I don’t want Kakko to win gold. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, devlman said:

Kakko is nowhere close to Ovechkin so just stop. Hughes on the other hand is closer to generational than KK. Also, no one outside of DC would argue that Ovechkin has been the better all around player than Crosby.

This has always been the Jack Hughes draft. NOBODY before the WC would have mentioned KK in any generational conversation. 

Why don't you stop putting words in my mouth? lol I never said Kakko was close to Ovechkin.

I said Hughes and Kakko will forever be compared to each others because of the Rangers/Devils rivalry. Just like the Ovechkin vs Crosby thing. 

But hey if you really think in 10 years Rangers fans won't be arguing and making arguments to suggest Kakko was the better player out of the 2, no matter how it went. Good for you pal, good for you.

Edited by SterioDesign