Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Wanted to throw out this trivia question (if it can be considered a trivia question)  Some offseason entertainment if you will.

What is the significance of the song “Even Flow” by Pearl Jam as it relates to the Devils?

Prefer not to give hints but will do so if no one comes up with it after a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Nope, not what I was thinking.  Ok I’ll give a hint...it was one specific moment.

This was being played in Dallas during a stoppage in play, just before Arnott scored the series-winning goal in the 2000 SCF Game 6.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss Devil Inside by INXS for warmups.  Still the best song they ever played for that.  This is going back to early to mid 90's.

They also used to play Sour Girl by STP during the time between warmups and puck drop I believe (or was that intermission?)  This is going back to about the early 2000's in the Meadowlands.

I also kind of miss when they played Hell by Foo Fighters for warmups back in the late 2000's.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Still my greatest Devils moment of all time. Sure, the Cup in 95 was special, but we had them all the way in game 4, there was no drama. 

2000 had plenty of drama. 

Between coming back from down 3-1 against Philly, to beating Dallas -the defending champs- in double OT on their ice to win the Cup, 2000 was just incredible. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I miss Devil Inside by INXS for warmups.  Still the best song they ever played for that.  This is going back to early to mid 90's.

They also used to play Sour Girl by STP during the time between warmups and puck drop I believe (or was that intermission?)  This is going back to about the early 2000's in the Meadowlands.

I also kind of miss when they played Hell by Foo Fighters for warmups back in the late 2000's.

What good is a song at a Devils game if you can’t tell the other team how much they suck?

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Exactly right Colorado, one of the greatest moments.  Def need to have watched that clip a few times to pick it up, good job.

I watched Game 6 at Bar A...I couldn’t hear much of the actual broadcast (place was packed and noisy), so yeah, between that and having consumed many beers that night, I wouldn’t have known the answer without having seen that clip a few times through the years for sure.  I still enjoy watching some of those suddenly “oldern” clips from time to time.

50 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I miss Devil Inside by INXS for warmups.  Still the best song they ever played for that.  This is going back to early to mid 90's.

They also used to play Sour Girl by STP during the time between warmups and puck drop I believe (or was that intermission?)  This is going back to about the early 2000's in the Meadowlands.

I also kind of miss when they played Hell by Foo Fighters for warmups back in the late 2000's.

Think they played Devil Inside during the 1991-92 season.  I wanna say they used “Hearts On Fire” from Rocky IV during 1990-91.  They went with “Hold On Loosely” for the first 20 games or so in 1993-94, before switching to something else...I forget what.  The irony is that I still instantly think of guys like Richer, Johnny Mac, Stevens, Driver, and others taking the ice whenever I hear that song.  I imagine that I always will.  I remember Van Halen’s “Standing On Top Of The World” being used for a while too, maybe late 90s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Daniel said:

What good is a song at a Devils game if you can’t tell the other team how much they suck?

It's sad when getting a LGD chant going at a game these days is like pulling teeth while any song where we can shoehorn in "you suck" or anything about the Rangers gets the entire crowd going.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DevsMan84 said:

It's sad when getting a LGD chant going at a game these days is like pulling teeth while any song where we can shoehorn in "you suck" or anything about the Rangers gets the entire crowd going.

Our fan base has a large quotient of idiots. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I watched Game 6 at Bar A...I couldn’t hear much of the actual broadcast (place was packed and noisy), so yeah, between that and having consumed many beers that night, I wouldn’t have known the answer without having seen that clip a few times through the years for sure.  I still enjoy watching some of those suddenly “oldern” clips from time to time.

Think they played Devil Inside during the 1991-92 season.  I wanna say they used “Hearts On Fire” from Rocky IV during 1990-91.  They went with “Hold On Loosely” for the first 20 games or so in 1993-94, before switching to something else...I forget what.  The irony is that I still instantly think of guys like Richer, Johnny Mac, Stevens, Driver, and others taking the ice whenever I hear that song.  I imagine that I always will.  I remember Van Halen’s “Standing On Top Of The World” being used for a while too, maybe late 90s.

Was it really that long ago and just that season?!  Damn, lol I remember that like it was yesterday.  Though I have to admit when I hear that song I do have memories of Terreri and Vilgrain warming up, so that would make sense lol.

I don't remember Top of the World by Van Halen being used.  However back in the late 90's most of the games I went to where with my dad and during weeknights.  He would come home from work at 4:30 and we would immediately go to our favorite pizzeria for dinner and then off to the arena and we would be lucky to catch warmups.  We usually arrived in that 15-20 minute time between when warmups ended and the game began.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Our fan base has a large quotient of idiots. 

With a massive inferiority complex.  I counted at a game in 17-18 once where the crowd did 5 Rangers suck chants before we got 1 semi-loud LGD chant.

We weren't playing the Rangers that night.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DevsMan84 said:

With a massive inferiority complex.  I counted at a game in 17-18 once where the crowd did 5 Rangers suck chants before we got 1 semi-loud LGD chant.

We weren't playing the Rangers that night.

It’s people like the Crazies that I think of with sh!t like this.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s people like the Crazies that I think of with sh!t like this.

Funny that you mention them as literally this afternoon they banned me from making any more comments on their page hahaha.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Funny that you mention them as literally this afternoon they banned me from making any more comments on their page hahaha.

You’re better off. You’ll likely gain IQ points as a result lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Was it really that long ago and just that season?!  Damn, lol I remember that like it was yesterday.  Though I have to admit when I hear that song I do have memories of Terreri and Vilgrain warming up, so that would make sense lol.

I don't remember Top of the World by Van Halen being used.  However back in the late 90's most of the games I went to where with my dad and during weeknights.  He would come home from work at 4:30 and we would immediately go to our favorite pizzeria for dinner and then off to the arena and we would be lucky to catch warmups.  We usually arrived in that 15-20 minute time between when warmups ended and the game began.

I was referring to songs they’d come out to during the starts of periods...not warmups.  When I was younger, I rarely caught the actual warmups...I see them much more now, mostly due to nabbing club and loft seats.  My daughter enjoys watching the warmups too...and of course, she got that puck from Vatanen.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Still my greatest Devils moment of all time. Sure, the Cup in 95 was special, but we had them all the way in game 4, there was no drama. 

2000 had plenty of drama. 

Yeah you’re not kidding.  You had the mutiny against Ftorek (I was in line behind him at the Will Call window before Round 1/Game 1 of the 2000 playoffs...no joke...didn’t speak to him, but it was very obviously him), then the up-and-down performances under Robinson as the regular season wound down...then of course the big comeback against the Flyers.

I admit it, I had so little confidence in the Devils going into those playoffs that I thought Florida was going to sweep them. Very happy to have been so wrong.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I was referring to songs they’d come out to during the starts of periods...not warmups.  When I was younger, I rarely caught the actual warmups...I see them much more now, mostly due to nabbing club and loft seats.  My daughter enjoys watching the warmups too...and of course, she got that puck from Vatanen.

Yeah you’re not kidding.  You had the mutiny against Ftorek (I was in line behind him at the Will Call window before Round 1/Game 1 of the 2000 playoffs...no joke...didn’t speak to him, but it was very obviously here), then the up-and-down performances under Robinson as the regular season wound down...then of course the big comeback against the Flyers.

I admit it, I had so little confidence in the Devils going into those playoffs that I thought Florida was going to sweep them. Very happy to have been so wrong.  

Larry losing his sh!t on the bench in game 4 against the Flyers, throwing a Gatorade cooler across the room, and then ripping the team to the media in the postgame may be the most epic thing about the run. They took that sh!t to heart, and came out looking possessed in game 5. Larry going apesh!t literally saved that season and propelled us to the Cup. He knew what buttons to press that year. He did a terrific job.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This was being played in Dallas during a stoppage in play, just before Arnott scored the series-winning goal in the 2000 SCF Game 6.

Holy sh!t you're good at this stuff.  Always impressed by your knowledge of the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Larry losing his sh!t on the bench in game 4 against the Flyers, throwing a Gatorade cooler across the room, and then ripping the team to the media in the postgame may be the most epic thing about the run. They took that sh!t to heart, and came out looking possessed in game 5. Larry going apesh!t literally saved that season and propelled us to the Cup. He knew what buttons to press that year. He did a terrific job.

I think it really only worked because Larry was such a cool, calm and collected guy that him losing his sh!t was way out of the norm for him as coach.  If it was someone like Torts doing that the players probably would have rolled their eyes.

From what I remember Larry kicked or threw a trashcan in the locker room while ripping the guys a new one.  I really do not remember him losing his cool behind the bench.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I think it really only worked because Larry was such a cool, calm and collected guy that him losing his sh!t was way out of the norm for him as coach.  If it was someone like Torts doing that the players probably would have rolled their eyes.

From what I remember Larry kicked or threw a trashcan in the locker room while ripping the guys a new one.  I really do not remember him losing his cool behind the bench.

Oh no doubt, THAT is what gave it weight- the fact that Larry was such a friendly, mild-mannered guy. He was a player’s coach. You NEVER saw him lose his cool. When he exploded like that, everyone was stunned. The players rallied, and the rest is history.... and yeah, he was yelling at them on the bench at the end of game 4. If you watch the 2000 highlight tape, the footage is in there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I don't remember Top of the World by Van Halen being used.  However back in the late 90's most of the games I went to where with my dad and during weeknights.  He would come home from work at 4:30 and we would immediately go to our favorite pizzeria for dinner and then off to the arena and we would be lucky to catch warmups.  We usually arrived in that 15-20 minute time between when warmups ended and the game began.

That's great memories with your Dad!  So special.   Thanks for sharing

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This was being played in Dallas during a stoppage in play, just before Arnott scored the series-winning goal in the 2000 SCF Game 6.

Friggin' impressive!     I was listening to it on radio with Mike Miller and watching on the TV

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

That's great memories with your Dad!  So special.   Thanks for sharing

Thanks!  That was pretty much our routine when we were STH (91-92 season through 02-03).  The only time I would actually see warmups for many of those years was on weekend afternoon games.

We sat in sec 101, row 17, seats 7 & 8 in the old barn.  We loved that spot.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.