Draft day

ajsgolf

9 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Maybe I'm weird, but I'm really looking forward to the rest of the top 10 picks shaking out.

Picks 3-10 seem to be relatively up-in-the-air.  

As long as @MB3 and I are around, nobody’s gonna notice. 

:) 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You aren't gonna watch the Rangers make the 2nd pick? 

Me either. Fvck them. 

Nah we already know they are taking Kakko if we take Hughes, would be hilarious if they decided to take someone else but even they won't screw that up lol

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Edited by Satans Hockey

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Two weeks and this “debate” will finally be over when Hughes puts on that #1 (or #19) jersey

Why can’t it be #6?  If Greene doesn’t like it tell him to leave lol.  Give Greene a diff jersey.

On 6/6/2019 at 3:10 PM, MB3 said:

I had always thought the Liiga rink was pretty darn close to the NHL rink size; am I wrong? 

The sizes there differ by arena.  All though are between 190 to 197 feet.  However, their width ranges from 92 to 98 feet.

For comparison's sake NHL arenas are 200 by 85.

Therefore by square footage all of their rinks are larger.

Edited by DevsMan84

2 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

Why can’t it be #6?  If Greene doesn’t like it tell him to leave lol.  Give Greene a diff jersey.

Sure. Tell the veteran captain who has spilled blood for the franchise for over a decade that a rookie is taking his number. Riiiiight. 🙄

Edited by MadDog2020

39 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I meant on stage. Usually the first round picks wear the year number. I couldn’t remember if first overall gets a #1 or not. I’ve been drinking and honestly didn’t even think of googling.

But hey, we can kick Greene to the curb as far as I’m concerned 

15 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I meant on stage. Usually the first round picks wear the year number. I couldn’t remember if first overall gets a #1 or not. I’ve been drinking and honestly didn’t even think of googling.

Nico got a #17.

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sure. Tell the veteran captain who has spilled blood for the franchise for over a decade that a rookie is taking his number. Riiiiight. 🙄

We know it won't happen.

But it's a veteran who got the C cause the whole roster sucked, most "average" hockey fan have no clue he is, i can't imagine that he's a bigger seller in term of jerseys. He never won anything in NJ and he'll be gone in a very very very near future...

and it's not just a rookie... he's the future face of the franchise and will be a superstar in the league

Still... i'm just pointing out the obvious and know it won't happen but i mean lol If i was Greene i'd recognize the situation and give him the # myself. 

30 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

We know it won't happen.

But it's a veteran who got the C cause the whole roster sucked, most "average" hockey fan have no clue he is, i can't imagine that he's a bigger seller in term of jerseys. He never won anything in NJ and he'll be gone in a very very very near future...

and it's not just a rookie... he's the future face of the franchise and will be a superstar in the league

Still... i'm just pointing out the obvious and know it won't happen but i mean lol If i was Greene i'd recognize the situation and give him the # myself. 

I agree in spirit- once Greene is no longer here, if Hughes wants #6, all good. I just think Andy Greene deserves a lot more respect than he gets. Yeah, he sucks now, but he’s had a very solid career here, he’s a consummate pro, and he was a very good defenseman for this franchise for several years. He deserves better than to be dismissed like he’s fvcking Craig Wolanin.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I agree in spirit- once Greene is no longer here, if Hughes wants #6, all good. I just think Andy Greene deserves a lot more respect than he gets. Yeah, he sucks now, but he’s had a very solid career here, he’s a consummate pro, and he was a very good defenseman for this franchise for several years. He deserves better than to be dismissed like he’s fvcking Craig Wolanin.

He WAS a good defender, but Hynes still views him as the shut down defender he used to be

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Agreed. The guy wasn't made captain because everyone sucked. He was made captain because he was a veteran who at the time was one of our most reliable defensemen. I give him crap but the guy deserves more respect then to be banished to the minors or stripped of his captaincy and number

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

He WAS a good defender, but Hynes still views him as the shut down defender he used to be

To be fair to Hynes and Greene, there are no shutdown defensemen on this team. Greene would be fine if he was playing less. It did look like they were lowering his minutes at times this season though

36 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Yeah, and that’s a problem.... that’s honestly why I wouldn’t mind if we did end up buying Greene out. Hynes can’t resist playing him top pair minutes if he’s on the roster. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah, and that’s a problem.... that’s honestly why I wouldn’t mind if we did end up buying Greene out. Hynes can’t resist playing him top pair minutes if he’s on the roster. 

I’m also ok with a buyout...if there’s someone to take his place. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Peyton Krebs, which some had just outside the top 10, tore his Achilles in off season training. If he falls, does NJ take a chance? 

Edit: Tore, not pulled. 

That sucks. I feel for the kid. Two weeks before the draft no less.....