Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ajsgolf

Draft day

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

If you want to create narratives to knock player you can easily say that Kakko would have to adjust to playing on NA rink sizes which gives him less room to make those flashy plays.

I had always thought the Liiga rink was pretty darn close to the NHL rink size; am I wrong? 

Edited by MB3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm weird, but I'm really looking forward to the rest of the top 10 picks shaking out.

Picks 3-10 seem to be relatively up-in-the-air.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Maybe I'm weird, but I'm really looking forward to the rest of the top 10 picks shaking out.

Picks 3-10 seem to be relatively up-in-the-air.  

As long as @MB3 and I are around, nobody’s gonna notice. 

:) 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

As long as @MB3 and I are around, nobody’s gonna notice. 

:) 

reported for personal attacks. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You aren't gonna watch the Rangers make the 2nd pick? 

Me either. Fvck them. 

Nah we already know they are taking Kakko if we take Hughes, would be hilarious if they decided to take someone else but even they won't screw that up lol

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

 

Edited by Satans Hockey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MB3 said:

reported for personal attacks. 

I reported it too, for good measure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two weeks and this “debate” will finally be over when Hughes puts on that #1 (or #19) jersey

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Two weeks and this “debate” will finally be over when Hughes puts on that #1 (or #19) jersey

Why can’t it be #6?  If Greene doesn’t like it tell him to leave lol.  Give Greene a diff jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2019 at 3:10 PM, MB3 said:

I had always thought the Liiga rink was pretty darn close to the NHL rink size; am I wrong? 

The sizes there differ by arena.  All though are between 190 to 197 feet.  However, their width ranges from 92 to 98 feet.

For comparison's sake NHL arenas are 200 by 85.

Therefore by square footage all of their rinks are larger.

Edited by DevsMan84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

Why can’t it be #6?  If Greene doesn’t like it tell him to leave lol.  Give Greene a diff jersey.

Sure. Tell the veteran captain who has spilled blood for the franchise for over a decade that a rookie is taking his number. Riiiiight. 🙄

Edited by MadDog2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the person who is the least concerned in the world about his number is Hughes himself.  He will be just happy that he got selected first overall and is going to be an NHL player.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sure. Tell the veteran captain whose spilled blood for the franchise for over a decade that a rookie is taking his number. Riiiiight. 🙄

Agreed, will never happen. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Why can’t it be #6?  If Greene doesn’t like it tell him to leave lol.  Give Greene a diff jersey.

I meant on stage. Usually the first round picks wear the year number. I couldn’t remember if first overall gets a #1 or not. I’ve been drinking and honestly didn’t even think of googling.

But hey, we can kick Greene to the curb as far as I’m concerned 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I meant on stage. Usually the first round picks wear the year number. I couldn’t remember if first overall gets a #1 or not. I’ve been drinking and honestly didn’t even think of googling.

Nico got a #17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Nico got a #17.

19 it is then, sorry Trav....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jagknife said:

19 it is then, sorry Trav....

He’d only be borrowing it, Travis will be ok. If you’re gonna feel bad for him, feel bad that he has a 7 year old boy’s haircut. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sure. Tell the veteran captain who has spilled blood for the franchise for over a decade that a rookie is taking his number. Riiiiight. 🙄

We know it won't happen.

But it's a veteran who got the C cause the whole roster sucked, most "average" hockey fan have no clue he is, i can't imagine that he's a bigger seller in term of jerseys. He never won anything in NJ and he'll be gone in a very very very near future...

and it's not just a rookie... he's the future face of the franchise and will be a superstar in the league

Still... i'm just pointing out the obvious and know it won't happen but i mean lol If i was Greene i'd recognize the situation and give him the # myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

We know it won't happen.

But it's a veteran who got the C cause the whole roster sucked, most "average" hockey fan have no clue he is, i can't imagine that he's a bigger seller in term of jerseys. He never won anything in NJ and he'll be gone in a very very very near future...

and it's not just a rookie... he's the future face of the franchise and will be a superstar in the league

Still... i'm just pointing out the obvious and know it won't happen but i mean lol If i was Greene i'd recognize the situation and give him the # myself. 

I agree in spirit- once Greene is no longer here, if Hughes wants #6, all good. I just think Andy Greene deserves a lot more respect than he gets. Yeah, he sucks now, but he’s had a very solid career here, he’s a consummate pro, and he was a very good defenseman for this franchise for several years. He deserves better than to be dismissed like he’s fvcking Craig Wolanin.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

He’d only be borrowing it, Travis will be ok. If you’re gonna feel bad for him, feel bad that he has a 7 year old boy’s haircut. 

 

When I come back to NY, we need to have a beer together... that is all

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I agree in spirit- once Greene is no longer here, if Hughes wants #6, all good. I just think Andy Greene deserves a lot more respect than he gets. Yeah, he sucks now, but he’s had a very solid career here, he’s a consummate pro, and he was a very good defenseman for this franchise for several years. He deserves better than to be dismissed like he’s fvcking Craig Wolanin.

He WAS a good defender, but Hynes still views him as the shut down defender he used to be

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I agree in spirit- once Greene is no longer here, if Hughes wants #6, all good. I just think Andy Greene deserves a lot more respect than he gets. Yeah, he sucks now, but he’s had a very solid career here, he’s a consummate pro, and he was a very good defenseman for this franchise for several years. He deserves better than to be dismissed like he’s fvcking Craig Wolanin.

Agreed. The guy wasn't made captain because everyone sucked. He was made captain because he was a veteran who at the time was one of our most reliable defensemen. I give him crap but the guy deserves more respect then to be banished to the minors or stripped of his captaincy and number

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jagknife said:

He WAS a good defender, but Hynes still views him as the shut down defender he used to be

To be fair to Hynes and Greene, there are no shutdown defensemen on this team. Greene would be fine if he was playing less. It did look like they were lowering his minutes at times this season though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jagknife said:

He WAS a good defender, but Hynes still views him as the shut down defender he used to be

Yeah, and that’s a problem.... that’s honestly why I wouldn’t mind if we did end up buying Greene out. Hynes can’t resist playing him top pair minutes if he’s on the roster. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah, and that’s a problem.... that’s honestly why I wouldn’t mind if we did end up buying Greene out. Hynes can’t resist playing him top pair minutes if he’s on the roster. 

I’m also ok with a buyout...if there’s someone to take his place. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.