Players creepin' on us?

SterioDesign

Was not sure where to post this so figured i'd start a new discussion.

Am i the only one thinking that there's absolutely no way that there's not at least a few players reading this board? lol i mean... older NHL guys probably don't... but young guys these days who grew up on their phones and with social media. They can be "professionals" sure but i feel there's no way some of them haven't googled everything there is to be googled about themselves and their teams... especially when you're in a hotel room or on a plane for so long all the time.

With that in mind. Cmon McLeod. We need a big year out of you!

and now im self-conscious about some stuff i could have said. Thank god Lou probably doesn't know the internet exist. 

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

This board? Probably not. But definitely on reddit. 

i mean if you want to read stuff online about the devils there's not THAT many options really. If my french ass found this board from east coast canada. Anyone can

I personally don't even read anything on reddit Devils related

3 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

There is a steady presence of new Jersey Devils ips and Msg as well. It's why I try to keep the personal attacks on the players& tv guys under control.

Hmm. Didn't realize that. Now I'm trying to make a mental list of any players I've talked poop about over the years. 

3 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

We have the lawsuit threats over the years to know we are always under observation.

From who? Players, TV guys, the team, Networks?

What could possibly be said here that can be fought in court? Are forums not protected areas of free discussion?

From who? Players, TV guys, the team, Networks?
What could possibly be said here that can be fought in court? Are forums not protected areas of free discussion?
The biggest one was probably a legit complaint, back in the old days people posted whole articles. That didn't go over well.

Had another one about using Devils imagery when trying to sell a forum designed sticker I think it was.

Personally I don't feel bad about a single bad thing I've said about the organization or players on here. If they are actively seeking out a place like this where people are going to openly comment about whatever they want that's on them. 

However I never go on any of their personal social media and make comments at them.

To me that's more of an attack at a person compared to here which is a place where we can openly vent, complain and critique anything to do with the team. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Personally I don't feel bad about a single bad thing I've said about the organization or players on here. If they are actively seeking out a place like this where people are going to openly comment about whatever they want that's on them. 

However I never go on any of their personal social media and make comments at them.

To me that's more of an attack at a person compared to here which is a place where we can openly vent, complain and critique anything to do with the team. 

yeah i always feel it's weird on twitter when fans directly attack or tag celebrities in their tweets sh!tting on them. like... "OMG @OPRAH looks so old now!!!" or sh!t like that hahahaha

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

i mean if you want to read stuff online about the devils there's not THAT many options really. If my french ass found this board from east coast canada. Anyone can

Since when i'm your ass ? 

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I highly doubt any players know this board exists, let alone read it.

Disagree in that I suspect that more players know about this place than you'd expect (and are probably aware of some other sites too), but I agree in that I don't think they spend anything more than absolute minimal time in here (and only in a "remote passing curiosity" kind of way, maybe a few times)...and maybe a handful of them if any. 

And of course I have no idea what players are thinking, but I think if any of them ever read anything harsh on a fansite like this, they wouldn't let it bother them too much.  They've gotta have a lot more on their minds than worrying about what a bunch of keyboard jockey wannabes think of them (hard to imagine anything outside of death threats or the like would get their attention)...especially when the players fully know that 99% of even their harshest critics wouldn't dare utter such comments to them face-to-face. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Again, knowing the kids that i know now... i don't think there's any way that say... an 18 years old kid who just got drafted by a team... doesn't go online to see what fans are saying about it and research on that team.

I don’t disagree, but most 18-year olds don’t even know what a message board is. These kids are all doing the social media thing, mostly.

5 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Bravo. 

What's next burner accounts here?

Play well and they don't have to worry about being sh!t on.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Secrets out I may as well confess- I’m actually Taylor Hall. U got me. And no you can’t have free tickets.

No, I’m Taylor Hall.... and so is my wife!

(kudos to anyone who can guess the movie that I’m referencing....)

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

The life of Brian.

That’s a bingo!  Nice one.  

Sometimes I can’t figure out if these are plainly obvious or if I’m just an old fart who remembers this stuff.  I know most of my students look at me like I’m growing a mystery limb out of my arse when I mention Monty Python.  Makes me feel old....