Jump to content

Players creepin' on us?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

The life of Brian.

 

That’s a bingo!  Nice one.  

 

Sometimes I can’t figure out if these are plainly obvious or if I’m just an old fart who remembers this stuff.  I know most of my students look at me like I’m growing a mystery limb out of my arse when I mention Monty Python.  Makes me feel old....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, devlman said:

Secrets out I may as well confess- I’m actually Taylor Hall. U got me. And no you can’t have free tickets.

 

1 hour ago, AEWHistory said:

No, I’m Taylor Hall.... and so is my wife!

 

(kudos to anyone who can guess the movie that I’m referencing....)

Somewhere my brother MB3 is getting excited by the prospect there might be multiple Taylor Halls. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AEWHistory said:

That’s a bingo!  Nice one.  

 

Sometimes I can’t figure out if these are plainly obvious or if I’m just an old fart who remembers this stuff.  I know most of my students look at me like I’m growing a mystery limb out of my arse when I mention Monty Python.  Makes me feel old....

Holy Grail and Life of Brian are both very high on my list of favorite comedies. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It's obvious Zacha doesn't read this board because nobody has broken my legs yet. 

32075262518_c5234823bd_b.jpg

 

I was going to say it's obvious Dano doesn't, based on all of the sh!t that has been talked about him and his voice sounding like someone gargling glass lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t disagree, but most 18-year olds don’t even know what a message board is. These kids are all doing the social media thing, mostly.

That's the main reason I don't think players would be on here.  To be honest, it's what's made me think that this place may one day die off, because there's not enough young blood to keep it going, but who knows, maybe the current bunch of us will just keep posting for the next 30-40 years when we're in our 70s and 80s lol.  We don't need no young whippersnappers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I was going to say it's obvious Dano doesn't, based on all of the sh!t that has been talked about him and his voice sounding like someone gargling glass lol.

He would have to be able to understand everything that was said, and he's still trying to reconcile having had two guys named Ruutu and Tootoo and trying not to say Devante Smith Smelly. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:22 PM, AEWHistory said:

No, I’m Taylor Hall.... and so is my wife!

 

(kudos to anyone who can guess the movie that I’m referencing....)

Where in the Life of Brian is there a line like this?     I've seen it countless times and recently and I'm at a loss............

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Where in the Life of Brian is there a line like this?     I've seen it countless times and recently and I'm at a loss............

When the Romans come to release Brian while he is hanging on the cross.  He is distracted and when the guard asks if if there is anyone named Brian of Nazareth there some random dude in the background pipes up and says, "I'm Brian!"  Next the haughty dude says, "no, I'm Brian of Nazareth and so is my wife.'  (His wife and he were both being crucified at the same time).  After this all hell breaks loose and everyone says that their Brian, including the real Brian, so no one pays him any attention.

I love that scene for so many reasons, but most of all the black humor of Brian going to his death because the guards were too lazy to bother to verify the identity of whomever they were freeing (to ththe point that the freed guy demanded to be put back on the cross and thy refuse).  Quintessential heartless bureaucracy.  

Anyway, does that help ring the ol' bells at all?

Edited by AEWHistory
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AEWHistory said:

When the Romans come to release Brian while he is hanging on the cross.  He is distracted and when the guard asks if if there is anyone named Brian of Nazareth there some random dude in the background pipes up and says, "I'm Brian!"  Next the haughty dude says, "no, I'm Brian of Nazareth and so is my wife.'  (His wife and he were both being crucified at the same time).  After this all hell breaks loose and everyone says that their Brian, including the real Brian, so no one pays him any attention.

I love that scene for so many reasons, but most of all the black humor of Brian going to his death because the guards were too lazy to bother to verify the identity of whomever they were freeing (to ththe point that the freed guy demanded to be put back on the cross and thy refuse).  Quintessential heartless bureaucracy.  

Anyway, does that help ring the ol' bells at all?

Barely, lol.  In a movie with a million lines I missed that one........Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 3:58 PM, Jimmy Leeds said:

Barely, lol.  In a movie with a million lines I missed that one........Thanks!

You’re very welcome!  I’m usually a font of useless knowledge.  Just don’t ask me something that has value or purpose and we’re  good to go.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.