The New Jersey Devils select Jack Hughes at 1OA

Today is a good day.

1. 1995 cup

2. 2003 cup

3. 2000 cup

4. Henrique it’s over

5. Today. 

• Like 9

The Devs just got a star, this draft is already amazing. Looking forward to seeing Hughes on the ice

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Today is a good day.

1. 1995 cup

2. 2003 cup

3. 2000 cup

4. Henrique it’s over

5. Today. 

8085F6C9-518B-4A45-97F6-4BAD83E79561.gif

82E371FE-13B6-4C24-ABBB-06E019FFD93D.gif

61E03C24-9C32-4E87-B191-96526645739D.gif

7436B784-57FE-4A9E-A80A-9953010BC71D.gif

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

What a turnout by our fans, amazing setup by the team, they really transformed the plaza, had so much fun.

Just leaving a White Castle in Jersey City, baked out of my mind, that’s how you know tonight was amazing and life as a Devils fan moving forward is going to be great, pivotal evening for the franchise.

Also, the new park in front of the Rock is AMAZING, they did an incredible job, so well designed.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 8

I didn't go to the event but it looked good from the pictures I saw. Going to be nice to see that excitement carry over into the season. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

What a turnout by our fans, amazing setup by the team, they really transformed the plaza, had so much fun.

Just leaving a White Castle in Jersey City, baked out of my mind, that’s how you know tonight was amazing and life as a Devils fan moving forward is going to be great, pivotal evening for the franchise.

Also, the new park in front of the Rock is AMAZING, they did an incredible job, so well designed.

This is the stuff I love to hear. Past draft parties were terribly put together, nice to hear they nailed it this time and everyone had fun. 🍺

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is the stuff I love to hear. Past draft parties were terribly put together, nice to hear they nailed it this time and everyone had fun. 🍺

That Larsson-year draft party was so weird, and cramped for being outside.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

That Larsson-year draft party was so weird, and cramped for being outside.

I wasn’t at that one, but I went in 2005, 2008, and 2009 and they were all horribly organized. 

24 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

That park is fvcking beautiful! Loved seeing the local kids playing in the splash park. 

Gonna be fun having our Championship parade centered in that park. Great sightlines of the arena.

20190621_204008.jpg

20190621_204229.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If the cops can be cool about fans drinking here before the games (and if we can keep it sort of respectful), this park is going to be really fun, total game changer

EC5751DB-C237-4898-BCD7-90B12A2FC480.jpeg

3695CB9F-F851-4ED4-B35D-F1AD4BD4A30A.jpeg

BEF4FCB4-8F43-4299-B816-BA3148386847.jpeg

16338879-71CB-4C5D-939C-BE195E323673.jpeg

Architscturally, the coolest part is that the park slopes up to meet the 2nd floor of the warehouse building they’re renovating. And the 2nd floor has these huge garage doors, double height ceilings and pavement that meets the park. It totally looks like there will be bars and restaurants with outdoor seating there, and like HUGE bars and restaurants..

F6A3BD01-5E69-4C1D-BFC6-BD3FBF846362.jpeg

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

The view from Championship Plaza as Marty announces Hughes

So many phones out all recording terrible quality of the same thing that they will most likely never watch again. I'll never understand it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

So many phones out all recording terrible quality of the same thing that they will most likely never watch again. I'll never understand it. 

SHUT UP OLD MAN

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yup. Me too. 

8 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

SHUT UP OLD MAN

Yup, me too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Two requests:

1. Maybe don't take Jack's family on a Newark tour first a la Nico. Do NYC and a Yankee game first this time before breaking the news to him.

2. Keep Stan Fischler away from him.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Two requests:

1. Maybe don't take Jack's family on a Newark tour first a la Nico. Do NYC and a Yankee game first this time before breaking the news to him.

More self-hate. Cool. Ya know what? fvck NYC.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Two requests:

Jack’s a Yankee fan and Cashman is a Devils fan, so I think there’s going to be a major troll job on the Rangers when only Jack is invited to throw out the first pitch.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

More self-hate. Cool. Ya know what? fvck NYC.

Nah, NJ is great. Newark tho, kinda dilapidated. 

Edited by Neb00rs

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Jack’s a Yankee fan and Cashman is a Devils fan, so I think there’s going to be a major troll job on the Rangers when only Jack is invited to throw out the first pitch.  

Yeah, I hope they give him the Nico treatment, I imagine they will.

3 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Nah, NJ is great. Newark tho, kinda dilapidated. 

St. Louis is kind of sh!thole too, so maybe good things are coming.

11 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Two requests:

Nico went to a Red Bulls game and Yankees game and then walked across the street to go to Hobby's. Not exactly a real tour of the streets anyway lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

St. Louis is kind of sh!thole too, so maybe good things are coming.

They do have a decently put together downtown around which Blues fans circulate though. If only important people in Newark and Trenton could get their sh!t together.......lol nvm.