Sign in to follow this  
MB3

The New Jersey Devils select Jack Hughes at 1OA

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Nico went to a Red Bulls game and Yankees game and then walked across the street to go to Hobby's. Not exactly a real tour of the streets anyway lol

True. To be fair, the area surrounding Yankee Stadium isn't amazing, but Yankee Stadium and the experience it entails makes up for it.

16 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Nico went to a Red Bulls game and Yankees game and then walked across the street to go to Hobby's. Not exactly a real tour of the streets anyway lol

Right, they didn’t even have him get stabbed!!

24 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Nah, NJ is great. Newark tho, kinda dilapidated. 

Newark is not great, but- as you know- the players don’t live in Newark.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Newark is not great, but- as you know- the players don’t live in Newark.

Yes, I'm not arguing that. You don't have to convince me. I just made a simple stupid comment about Newark not being the hottest place to be your introduction to the Devils. I'm sure he'll love it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ Eco said:

What a turnout by our fans, amazing setup by the team, they really transformed the plaza, had so much fun.

Just leaving a White Castle in Jersey City, baked out of my mind, that’s how you know tonight was amazing and life as a Devils fan moving forward is going to be great, pivotal evening for the franchise.

Also, the new park in front of the Rock is AMAZING, they did an incredible job, so well designed.

26 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

100% agree! Me and my son had a great time out in Championship Plaza tonight. So much fun. 

Go Devils

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

just getting home from work, awesome to see this.. pretty much got what we all wanted. I'm guessing we used  all the picks and didn't trade anything though?

Edited by 2ELIAS6

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I'm guessing we used  all the picks and didn't trade anything though?

Tonight was only the first round.

19 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Tonight was only the first round.

yea I realized that after I posted, I don't usually get into the draft I forgot it was split

• Like 1

So jack is supposedly signing autographs “Jack hughes 86” to people at the draft. Interesting if that’s his number. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MB3 said:

So jack is supposedly signing autographs “Jack hughes 86” to people at the draft. Interesting if that’s his number. 

The number he wore in the GTHL.

i'm really impressed !

20 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

The Devs just got a star, this draft is already amazing. Looking forward to seeing Hughes on the ice

love that he is the face of American hockey for years to come AND he is a Devil.  Killing two birds with one stone.  What a great day!

So it’s almost a definite that he’ll wear #86. At his family’s post-draft party, they wheeled out a cake with jack Hughes’ devils jersey on it in icing. Number 86.

Kind of cool that his brother wears 43, so he wears 86 (double). Pumped to see the younger brother wear #129

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

So it’s almost a definite that he’ll wear #86. At his family’s post-draft party, they wheeled out a cake with jack Hughes’ devils jersey on it in icing. Number 86.

I’m drawing a blank, have any other notable Devils worn a number in the 80’s besides Mogilny?

I know Lou was against the high numbers. 

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m drawing a blank, have any other notable Devils worn a number in the 80’s besides Mogilny?

I know Lou was against the high numbers. 

Just looked it up. The only number in the 80s Devils have ever worn aside from Mogilny with 89, is 88. Two players:

Garry Howatt 1983
Rocky Trottier 1984

• Thanks 2

Having three number one overall picks on one roster has to amount to something? Right?

15 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Having three number one overall picks on one roster has to amount to something? Right?

As long as one of them isn’t Nail Yakupov...

I will say it again... BUT DAMN.. i'm SO impressed by his attitude. And he is a natural with how to handle this business etc... 
We got so lucky there ! 

• Like 3