Devils acquire PK Subban for Santini, Davies and 2 2nds

Triumph

Shero had almost nothing to work with and got Hall, Subban, Mojo, Vatanen and Palms for Larsson, Henrique, Santini, Davies, 2nd x 3, 3rd x 2. Got rid of all the deadweight left from the previous management. We completely changed the culture and direction of the team. And we still have plenty of room to improve.

and some fans were already ready to give up on him after 4 years. I hope they feel dumb now

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Shero had almost nothing to work with and got Hall, Subban, Mojo, Vatanen and Palms for Larsson, Henrique, Santini, Davies, 2nd x 3, 3rd x 2. Got rid of all the deadweight left from the previous management. We completely changed the culture and direction of the team. And we still have plenty of room to improve.

and some fans were already ready to give up on him after 4 years. I hope they feel dumb now

Did you just...include obtaining Subban...as a positive?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

i can't stand the guy and his shenanigans. Never said he wasn't a good hockey player. He's overpaid but he's a good offensive dman.

I also can't stand Gene Simmonds and Bono. Clearly there's a pattern there lol 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Only because Shero did it. If Lou would have made a good trade for PK to the Isles it would be the worst thing ever according to SD lol

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Only because Shero did it. If Lou would have made a good trade for PK to the Isles it would be the worst thing ever according to SD lol

Ok let’s not open that can of worms. SD said he’s good with the trade. Leave it at that.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

thats not true come on now

You’ve actually been much calmer about it than most probably thought you would. I think just a few days ago you said you’d quit being a Devils fan if they traded for PK haha

but MD is right, I shouldn’t have taken a shot at you when you’re handling it so well. 

I just didn’t like the lefty comment tbh, but tbf I guess my original post could have been taken the wrong way too. To clarify I wasn’t talking about anyone here. 

2 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

PK with the dog whistle two weeks ago.

big time. he knew it was coming...

5. P.K. Subban, Nashville Predators

Subban's second season in Nashville was one of the best of his NHL career, and he was voted to the NHL Second All-Star Team. His 16 goals were an NHL career high, and he had 43 assists, 59 points (25 on the power play) and a plus-18 rating in 82 games. The 29-year-old has scored at least 10 goals in five of the past six seasons and has topped 50 points in four of the past five. Subban won the Norris in 2012-13 with the Montreal Canadiens. He finished third in 2017-18, the third time in six seasons he's been a finalist for the award.

"We know he has the offensive flare, the heavy shot and can beat players 1-on-1, but I think he's improved his defensive game tremendously since joining Nashville," Daneyko said. "Sometimes learning the defensive game takes years to really understand ... and he now uses his stick much better in his defensive positioning."

21 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You’ve actually been much calmer about it than most probably thought you would. I think just a few days ago you said you’d quit being a Devils fan if they traded for PK haha

but MD is right, I shouldn’t have taken a shot at you when you’re handling it so well. 

I just didn’t like the lefty comment tbh, but tbf I guess my original post could have been taken the wrong way too. To clarify I wasn’t talking about anyone here. 

Yeah I was obviously kidding. I just really really can't stand him but that's irrelevant cause i have no impact on the on ice product, fans love him cause they don't have to deal with his shenanigans on the ice and in the locker room. I often said he's hilarious and probably fun to hangout with. But his ego and attitude IS getting on some people's nerves in the locker room. That's simply a fact, so i just hope this won't be something he carries to NJ in such a young group. MTL couldnt control it cause well 1- its always a mess there and Subban was THE guy so he knew he could get away with wtv plus he had the fans and media in his pocket and thats very very powerful in MTL. 2- In Nashville all he vets could likely handle him if he did anything so hopefully we can too. But based on all the stuff i've seen and heard i really don't think its unfair of me to at least be worried a bit about that.

As for the lefty comment and not to get political, but i just have no patience anymore for all the extreme political correctness and virtue signalling going on online. It's like if you point out anything slightly negative towards someone who can identify as a minority... you're basically Hitler and you're opinion shouldn't be heard lol it's getting ridiculous. 

• Like 1

PK checks all the boxes we wanted.. fabulous defensive skater, physical presence, big shot at the blue line. Offensive playmakers. Nhl top pairing vet.  These guys just don't become available... it's huge... he,s younger and more talented than I was even hoping for..  oh by the way we have a kid named ty coming along too..Hall, subban, Hughes, Ty, ....we are so much better than we were a week ago....  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, thecoffeecake said:

If you had told me when I went to bed last night that today the Devils were going to trade for PK Subban and UConn was going to go to the Big East, I would've punched you in the face.

You're a UConn hoops fan?

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

As for the lefty comment and not to get political, but i just have no patience anymore for all the extreme political correctness and virtue signalling going on online. It's like if you point out anything slightly negative towards someone who can identify as a minority... you're basically Hitler and you're opinion shouldn't be heard lol it's getting ridiculous. 

Fair enough. And for the record I hate that sh!t too. 

I did also mention his big personality though. He’s definitely not like a Jarome Iginla, who was well liked across the league. 

I wonder if he just rubs a lot of people the wrong way, more than his peers actually believing he’s overrated. 

Idk...fvck it, he’s a Devil now. I hope he lights it up this season and wins another Norris, and helps us get back to the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Yea but could you imagine if Lou pulled off that trade? All the Shero haters would come out in droves, mock him, praise Lou's genius, and annoint the Isles the Cup.

I guess it depends what camp you side more with. Lol. 

Edited by slasher72