Devils acquire PK Subban for Santini, Davies and 2 2nds

Triumph

1 minute ago, slasher72 said:

Yea but could you imagine if Lou pulled off that trade? All the Shero haters would come out in droves, mock him, praise Lou's genius, and annoint the Isles the Cup.

I guess it depends what camp you side more with. Lol. 

I think they’re both great GM’s. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, slasher72 said:

I do too. I just think Lou made a total mess of this team from 2005 onward and I was happy to see new blood at the GM spot when Shero came. 

The Lou Conte duo was past its expiration date.

This is where I was too. I defend Lou because I understood his old school mentality even if I didn't always agree with it. But it was time to go and time to usher in new blood. I liked what Shero was doing up until this point, and then he really kicked it into high gear today. Its an exciting time

• Like 1

PK has 178 PPP...

Without looking it up to confirm that has to be WAY up there for active defensemen.

Edit: Ok so from what I can find he’s only behind EK, Burns, Doughty, and Shea Weber. Unless I’m missing someone else. 

Edited by Nicomo

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

You're a UConn hoops fan?

Christ no, but a huge college hoops fan and my school is an AAC member. Massive news if you're into college sports at all. 

But both of those things sounded so monumentally stupid before this morning, that I wouldn't have stood for hearing them come out of someone's mouth at the same time.

• Like 1

After seeing all his antics on twitter and instagram, he does seem high on himself but more in a fun kind of way. I can see him attracting a fan following and fill seats at the Rock. Looking forward to seeing him here, just did not like giving up #34.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

I am not a Subban fan at all, however....

Wow what a fvcking trade! Top Dman grabbed for spare change. Trades like this almost never happen. Now we just need more d depth and this summer is a success! 

I mean, in a perfect world, we’d also add a top 6 RW, but this team is obviously much, much better than it was before yesterday. 

• Like 1