Devils acquire PK Subban for Santini, Davies and 2 2nds

Triumph

2 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Love this guy already.

NHL needs more personalities like him. 

PK Subban is THE man.

Yup. This is so much better than the standard “Nashville was a great place, but I’m looking forward to joining the Devils, they have a great tradition, etc’” speech that most guys give in that situation. 

Instead, he looks excited and like he’s jumping in with both feet. Love it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup. This is so much better than the standard “Nashville was a great place, but I’m looking forward to joining the Devils, they have a great tradition, etc’” speech that most guys give in that situation. 

Instead, he looks excited and like he’s jumping in with both feet. Love it. 

The guy is a personality.  He's smart.  Knows how to express himself.  Knows how to market himself.  Knows how to get people behind him.  Smart guy.  In professional sports in 2019, this is what it's all about and I am pumped that he's a Devil.  Taking this entire franchise to the next level...

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

After seeing all his antics on twitter and instagram, he does seem high on himself but more in a fun kind of way. I can see him attracting a fan following and fill seats at the Rock. Looking forward to seeing him here, just did not like giving up #34.

My friend from outside of Montreal said "this is a good thing. He's gonna get everyone excited. He's a hype man" so excited to see how he embraces NJ

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

Between Hughes and PK, is it outrageous to think we may sellout most games?

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't think you get a steady sellout sized crowed here unless there are results.

The crowd and atmosphere was really good last year considering how bad the season went. I think most of us here forget that there is a whole generation of fans that didn't experience all the winning we saw and they are hungry for it. I think it's going to be a great year crowd wise. 

• Like 4

PK is a perfect defense partner for Smitty to start with, really hope that's the road we go down when camp starts. What better way to mentor along Smith into a top pairing guy than giving him an apprenticeship with PK Subban. Can't wait for next season to start, and I think we still got another move or two to make.

With no more moves, I actually like the look of our defense for next year, that right side is FILTHY:

Smith - Subban
Butcher - Vatanen
Greene - Severson
Mueller/Carrick

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

PK is a perfect defense partner for Smitty to start with, really hope that's the road we go down when camp starts. What better way to mentor along Smith into a top pairing guy than giving him an apprenticeship with PK Subban. Can't wait for next season to start, and I think we still got another move or two to make.

With no more moves, I actually like the look of our defense for next year, that right side is FILTHY:

Smith - Subban
Butcher - Vatanen
Greene - Severson
Mueller/Carrick

That seems about right. Or, at least, should be right.

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

My friend from outside of Montreal said "this is a good thing. He's gonna get everyone excited. He's a hype man" so excited to see how he embraces NJ

I was watching a bunch of Shero post draft interviews on the Devils Twitter Handle. Shero aptly put it, the guy is enthusiastic and its contagious because he seems upbeat and positive. You give him a glass which is half full, not half empty and throw lemons at him, he makes lemonade, Shero drinks Lou's Kool Aid and we dont get paid (they do, had to throw another aid in there somewhere, but I am no Eminem).

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Between Hughes and PK, is it outrageous to think we may sellout most games?

Yes it is outrageous to think we may sellout most games, but dont stop dreaming bro. I had a dream team for 2019-2020 and it's about to get a lot better.

1 minute ago, Anhkheg said:

I was watching a bunch of Shero post draft interviews on the Devils Twitter Handle. Shero aptly put it, the guy is enthusiastic and its contagious because he seems upbeat and positive. You give him a glass which is half full, not half empty and throw lemons at him, he makes lemonade, Shero drinks Lou's Kool Aid and we dont get paid (they do, had to throw another aid in there somewhere, but I am no Eminem).

The only thing you worry about with guys like that is if their play really drops off, there can be a negativity that can be just as contagious.   The good thing though as that this isn’t Montreal or Toronto where media coverage can make it worse or be the spark.

In terms of the trade, NJ got a #1 for peanuts. An underrated part of this deal is that his contract expires right when Hughes is coming off his ELC, so it's easy to see where Hughes' money will come from. Ray is doing what he should and is really going for it during JH's and Ty Smith's ELCs.

Lastly, I think PK is really going to relish being THE guy on the backend as opposed to just another cog in Nashville. He seems to enjoy the challenge and attention. 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Derlique said:

In terms of the trade, NJ got a #1 for peanuts. An underrated part of this deal is that his contract expires right when Hughes is coming off his ELC, so it's easy to see where Hughes' money will come from. Ray is doing what he should and is really going for it during JH's and Ty Smith's ELCs.

Lastly, I think PK is really going to relish being THE guy on the backend as opposed to just another cog in Nashville. He seems to enjoy the challenge and attention. 

That is definitely a major plus. I have to assume that is exactly what will happen. Maybe it’ll be possible to retain PK as well, I’m assuming he’s not going to get $9m per on the next deal. Could be wrong on that. 

1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

Smith - Subban
Butcher - Vatanen
Greene - Severson
Mueller/Carrick

What a difference one player can make.  Holy sh!t.