Devils acquire PK Subban for Santini, Davies and 2 2nds

Triumph

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

This is a pretty funny argument for an outsider to observe lol

There’s really no debate over the stuff my city is known for (Skyline chili, Goetta, Graeter’s ice cream, etc).

It’s a debate as old as time here. In North Jersey, if you ask for a pork roll egg and cheese sandwich, you will rightfully be made fun of mercilessly, while you’re looked at like you have bats flying out your ass. Because it’s called Taylor Ham here. Sadly in the parts of the state that don’t know any better (read: every part of the state outside of North Jersey), they call it pork roll. The only thing we all agree on is that it’s delicious lol.

Edited by MadDog2020

24 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Folks folks folks, I think there is one thing we can all agree on:

Its soda, not pop

Soda sounds so weird to me. Like we’re in the 50’s or something lol

it’s pop in the Midwest. 

22 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Soda sounds so weird to me. Like we’re in the 50’s or something lol

it’s pop in the Midwest. 

It’s soda. Pop is what the weasel goes or what you do to your high school girlfriend’s cherry. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Trenton can eat a d!ck.

Funny, I never even heard of this Taylor Ham BS until recently.  It is a Pork Roll... and I don't even eat pork.

Oh, and as a Trentonian I'll pass.  You're welcome to gobble away however....

6 hours ago, jagknife said:

Folks folks folks, I think there is one thing we can all agree on:

Its soda, not pop

First time someone asked me 'where is the pop machine' it took me a solid 5 seconds, as well as asking them to repeat themselves, before it dawned on me they wanted soda.  In fact, that's what I said: "oh, the soda machine, right... it is down the hall."  What's really annoying is down south where every damn soda is coke. 

'you want some coke?' Yea

'What kind?'  7UP

WTF!?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AEWHistory said:

Funny, I never even heard of this Taylor Ham BS until recently.  It is a Pork Roll... and I don't even eat pork.

Oh, and as a Trentonian I'll pass.  You're welcome to gobble away however....

Is Trenton in North Jersey? No, it isn’t. So you call it what you call it and we’ll call it what we call it. 

5 hours ago, AEWHistory said:

First time someone asked me 'where is the pop machine' it took me a solid 5 seconds, as well as asking them to repeat themselves, before it dawned on me they wanted soda.  In fact, that's what I said: "oh, the soda machine, right... it is down the hall."  What's really annoying is down south where every damn soda is coke. 

'you want some coke?' Yea

'What kind?'  7UP

WTF!?

They call it pop out in western PA too. I spent my first year of college out there and it was truly the Midwest, even though technically it’s not considered part of the Midwest.

11 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Is Trenton in North Jersey? No, it isn’t. So you call it what you call it and we’ll call it what we call it. 

Fair enough, I can dig that.

11 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

They call it pop out in western PA too. I spent my first year of college out there and it was truly the Midwest, even though technically it’s not considered part of the Midwest.

I know exactly what you mean.  I’ve always thought of PA as part of the northeast, but that’s really my own (maybe our?) prejudice because we are so close to eastern PA.  Out in the western part of the state, that is definitely a midwestern mindset.  In fact, it’s funny you mention this because my little story about hearing pop for the first time took place in Harrisburg, PA when I was at a gaming convention.  It was a little old lady from western PA (if memory serves, this was 25 years ago) who had asked me about the pop machine.

Edited by AEWHistory
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

This guy is just plain fun

He knows how to build a fan base and attract people. Amazingly outgoing persona, impressive.

Hilarious 10 things about jersey, and yes he calls it Taylor Ham Egg and Cheese, lol. Puts an end to a lot of discussions here. Oh and read the comments.

Edited by Anhkheg
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

The dude is a gem, and so funny, he's totally going to put a lot of butts in the seats. I can already see it now though, one losing streak and that very predictable percentage of toxic NJ fans are going to default to him as an easy scapegoat and trot out the "less social media" nonsense like he's studying for SATs. I'm going to enjoy the ride until then though, he's giving us some entertainment in the offseason and getting me pumped for September!

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

This guy is just plain fun

Definitely not on the list of things I wanted to see today, but very entertaining. 

I do also like that he's wearing a Devils shirt. He obviously didn't have to do that, makes me feel like the guy is coming here and looking to be part of the team. Very much unlike his "self centered" reputation. 

4 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

The dude is a gem, and so funny, he's totally going to put a lot of butts in the seats. I can already see it now though, one losing streak and that very predictable percentage of toxic NJ fans are going to default to him as an easy scapegoat and trot out the "less social media" nonsense like he's studying for SATs. I'm going to enjoy the ride until then though, he's giving us some entertainment in the offseason and getting me pumped for September!

If you are making a parallel to KK this is different.  I don't think even the idiots in our toxic fanbase will go after PK if he has say a rough 5-10 game stretch.  He is an established world-class talent who is still largely in his prime.  KK is a backup who got more minutes than he deserved and was putting up numbers that even most backups in the league would be embarrassed about yet was still clowning around on social media.