Devils acquire PK Subban for Santini, Davies and 2 2nds

Triumph

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

If you are making a parallel to KK this is different.  I don't think even the idiots in our toxic fanbase will go after PK if he has say a rough 5-10 game stretch.  He is an established world-class talent who is still largely in his prime.  KK is a backup who got more minutes than he deserved and was putting up numbers that even most backups in the league would be embarrassed about yet was still clowning around on social media.

I remember Kovalchuk being top 5 in points leaguewide and people booing him still, even right into the playoffs, that's more my frame of reference in this case. Devils fans are still largely not used to a BIG name BIG money player on our team like that, and it sets a few screws loose in our fanbase.

Edited by DJ Eco

1 minute ago, DJ Eco said:

I remember Kovalchuk being top 5 in points leaguewide and people booing him still, even right into the playoffs, that's more my frame of reference in this case. Devils fans are still largely not used to a BIG name BIG money player on our team like that, and it sets a few screws loose in our fanbase.

I'm looking forward to him. And, I will add, if he's putting a good product on the ice, I'm willing to tolerate a whole lot of off-ice antics. 

I am expecting good things from him and I hope I am not disappointed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJ Eco said:

I believe they're called 'Henrique Obsessed'...

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I like that attitude 

I was just coming to this thread to see if someone posted this. I know it's all talk for now, but it really is a great attitude. The dude is coming from a perennial contender to somewhat of a questionable (but promising) situation, and he's not coming here of his own volition either. And he just has such a positive, excellent attitude. Great for the locker room and setting an example for the younger guys.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

and Daneyko gave a short speech and presented him with some kind of jacket

He was psyched because he knows how to pronounce PK. 

Although it’s a near guarantee he’s gonna say “Pee-Key” a few dozen times. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MB3 said:

That didn’t happen. He was booed when he took a shootout attempt the year they missed the playoffs and he didn’t even get a shot off; which culminated an absolutely abhorrent start to the season for himself and for the team. He was adored and cheered for the entirety of the next season. 

I didn’t boo him until I figuratively booed him every day since he “retired”. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MB3 said:

That didn’t happen. He was booed when he took a shootout attempt the year they missed the playoffs and he didn’t even get a shot off; which culminated an absolutely abhorrent start to the season for himself and for the team. He was adored and cheered for the entirety of the next season. 

I remember it being pure electricity in the building his first game, that crazy come back against Toronto. I'm hoping for a similar feeling opening night. 

And yeah that booing he got on that shootout miss was at the height of frustration. I'm not sure if it was the same game, but during that terrible start the team had a game where they got outshot 20 something to 4 in the first period and got booed off the ice. Kovy wasn't getting booed when things were going well

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

My buddy was working the event at the W Hotel in Hoboken welcoming PK to NJ. He said energy was great, him and LV had a great time, and Daneyko gave a short speech and presented him with some kind of jacket

HIT the right arrow to see the jacket:

AND the back (📸: Erika Wachter)

755788688_Screenshot(12).thumb.png.6bda04352107b48905e05022278ef96d.png

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 3

Really looking forward to a magnetic person like P.K. making the local sports media take the New Jersey Devils seriously. Just picturing him on local sports radio or some of the nighttime talk shows, and I know he's going to be an amazing ambassador, something we sorely need. Make the Devils cool again!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I know everyone has wildly different styles but there is no way that jacket isn't the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my entire fvcking life. 

And I’m sure a guy who is so fashion conscious like PK was SO excited to have to put it on. 

It has a fight strap from a jersey hanging off the front lol. 

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

I know everyone has wildly different styles but there is no way that jacket isn't the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my entire fvcking life. 

it looks like something someone would make for a highschool movie project set in a dystopian future and that the bad guys would have to wear

• Like 1