Triumph

Devils acquire PK Subban for Santini, Davies and 2 2nds

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

We don’t claim western PA as part of the Midwest. They’re more like Alabama North... :P

I always thought that was West Virginia....

Look where he was on this old video... 

• Like 1

excited for this guy, its been a long time since we've had a star defenseman 

Lou would have had him banned from the NHL for that one

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

This guy is just plain fun

He really is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

He knows how to build a fan base and attract people. Amazingly outgoing persona, impressive.

Hilarious 10 things about jersey, and yes he calls it Taylor Ham Egg and Cheese, lol. Puts an end to a lot of discussions here. Oh and read the comments.

Edited by Anhkheg
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The dude is a gem, and so funny, he's totally going to put a lot of butts in the seats. I can already see it now though, one losing streak and that very predictable percentage of toxic NJ fans are going to default to him as an easy scapegoat and trot out the "less social media" nonsense like he's studying for SATs. I'm going to enjoy the ride until then though, he's giving us some entertainment in the offseason and getting me pumped for September!

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Definitely not on the list of things I wanted to see today, but very entertaining. 

I do also like that he's wearing a Devils shirt. He obviously didn't have to do that, makes me feel like the guy is coming here and looking to be part of the team. Very much unlike his "self centered" reputation. 

4 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

The dude is a gem, and so funny, he's totally going to put a lot of butts in the seats. I can already see it now though, one losing streak and that very predictable percentage of toxic NJ fans are going to default to him as an easy scapegoat and trot out the "less social media" nonsense like he's studying for SATs. I'm going to enjoy the ride until then though, he's giving us some entertainment in the offseason and getting me pumped for September!

If you are making a parallel to KK this is different.  I don't think even the idiots in our toxic fanbase will go after PK if he has say a rough 5-10 game stretch.  He is an established world-class talent who is still largely in his prime.  KK is a backup who got more minutes than he deserved and was putting up numbers that even most backups in the league would be embarrassed about yet was still clowning around on social media.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

If you are making a parallel to KK this is different.  I don't think even the idiots in our toxic fanbase will go after PK if he has say a rough 5-10 game stretch.  He is an established world-class talent who is still largely in his prime.  KK is a backup who got more minutes than he deserved and was putting up numbers that even most backups in the league would be embarrassed about yet was still clowning around on social media.

I remember Kovalchuk being top 5 in points leaguewide and people booing him still, even right into the playoffs, that's more my frame of reference in this case. Devils fans are still largely not used to a BIG name BIG money player on our team like that, and it sets a few screws loose in our fanbase.

Edited by DJ Eco

1 minute ago, DJ Eco said:

I remember Kovalchuk being top 5 in points leaguewide and people booing him still, even right into the playoffs, that's more my frame of reference in this case. Devils fans are still largely not used to a BIG name BIG money player on our team like that, and it sets a few screws loose in our fanbase.

I'm looking forward to him. And, I will add, if he's putting a good product on the ice, I'm willing to tolerate a whole lot of off-ice antics. 

I am expecting good things from him and I hope I am not disappointed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJ Eco said:

I believe they're called 'Henrique Obsessed'...

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I like that attitude 

I was just coming to this thread to see if someone posted this. I know it's all talk for now, but it really is a great attitude. The dude is coming from a perennial contender to somewhat of a questionable (but promising) situation, and he's not coming here of his own volition either. And he just has such a positive, excellent attitude. Great for the locker room and setting an example for the younger guys.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

What a total locker room cancer. 

🙄

Remember that one time he fought somebody?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Remember that one time he fought somebody?

I heard he talked back to a coach once! Monster. 

• Haha 1

My buddy was working the event at the W Hotel in Hoboken welcoming PK to NJ. He said energy was great, him and LV had a great time, and Daneyko gave a short speech and presented him with some kind of jacket

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

and Daneyko gave a short speech and presented him with some kind of jacket

He was psyched because he knows how to pronounce PK. 

Although it’s a near guarantee he’s gonna say “Pee-Key” a few dozen times. 

• Haha 2

On 7/5/2019 at 3:26 PM, DJ Eco said:

That didn’t happen. He was booed when he took a shootout attempt the year they missed the playoffs and he didn’t even get a shot off; which culminated an absolutely abhorrent start to the season for himself and for the team. He was adored and cheered for the entirety of the next season. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MB3 said:

That didn’t happen. He was booed when he took a shootout attempt the year they missed the playoffs and he didn’t even get a shot off; which culminated an absolutely abhorrent start to the season for himself and for the team. He was adored and cheered for the entirety of the next season. 

I didn’t boo him until I figuratively booed him every day since he “retired”. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MB3 said:

I remember it being pure electricity in the building his first game, that crazy come back against Toronto. I'm hoping for a similar feeling opening night. 

And yeah that booing he got on that shootout miss was at the height of frustration. I'm not sure if it was the same game, but during that terrible start the team had a game where they got outshot 20 something to 4 in the first period and got booed off the ice. Kovy wasn't getting booed when things were going well

• Like 1