Devils acquire PK Subban for Santini, Davies and 2 2nds

Triumph

27 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Oh come on lol No one would say that i went overboard about him since the trade. I've been incredibly quiet about it

Plus I'm legit bringing some infos that you guys didn't have access too cause it was on french tv (which is by far the closest source to the team). Only a few other posters here have access to that too.

Clearly most don't want to hear it cause it doesn't fit what they want to hear but wtv lol it's still facts

edit: plus there's tumbleweeds rolling around around here lately so to engage some discussion is not the worst thing

Can you show us anything? I’m not doubting you but I’d be interested, if anything was translated of course. Surely if the French-Canadian media picked it up, some US source must’ve translated it...

11 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why do you think a guy who has some personality must therefore be bad for culture and the locker room and cause friction? Because of what supposedly happened in Montreal years ago? Because he fought someone in practice a decade ago? Or talked back to a coach?

You know, you said Cammalleri was this horrible locker room cancer too because of rumors from Montreal. And even though he wasn't what we wanted on the ice, he was not a problem off the ice. 

Why are you answering a simple question with another? The answer is that there's a risk that a) is at risk based on past history, it's that simple. 

I mean. I gave many examples supporting the claim with proofs and brought credible sources. I also said maybe it's not going to happen in NJ and that he learned from it. I even said i didn't just blindly believe rumours coming out of nashville, which someone who's, biased would blindly believe. I've been really really fair with this.

mfitz804 also chimed in and he's been pretty fair, willing to acknowledge that there's no guarantee but there's a risk. 

You on the other hand is the one that seem to be totally unwilling to challenge you beliefs, like it's absolutely impossible that it's happening. Why is that? 

as for Cammalleri i did say that he was not as bad as i expected when he was here. Just like i said i'd give Subban a chance in NJ. 

57 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Can you show us anything? I’m not doubting you but I’d be interested, if anything was translated of course. Surely if the French-Canadian media picked it up, some US source must’ve translated it...

Well i can try to find some stuff but it was mostly on live tv or during "L'antichambre" which is a program that plays right after the games. 

Like i'd honestly do some research if you really wanted to see. But you know damn well how this is going to go lol

I could literally show him fighting Plekanec (out of all people) and find the video of Carboneau (his coach at the time) saying that you never know on any given night what you're getting from PK... if you're getting PK playing for PK or getting PK playing for the MTL Canadian". And find the video of him and Pacciorety getting in each others face. Find the video of Markov stopping mid way in his interview to go discipline Subban. That wouldn't change anyone's mind here and they'd just make excuses to discard what was said/shown. I'm 200% convinced of this. 

But i guess i should still post something so this is a good one that shows how annoyed Gallagher was with him

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gotta-see-it-subban-gallagher-clash-in-practice/

and here's a good follow up that i never heard before actually... actually confirming that Poile admitted that it was "something"

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/want-subban-team-theres-parts-dont-like/

edit: see.. what i said would happen happened. You really can't change someone's mind when they don't want to

Edited by SterioDesign

42 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Why are you answering a simple question with another? The answer is that there's a risk that a) is at risk based on past history, it's that simple. 

I mean. I gave many examples supporting the claim with proofs and brought credible sources. I also said maybe it's not going to happen in NJ and that he learned from it. I even said i didn't just blindly believe rumours coming out of nashville, which someone who's, biased would blindly believe. I've been really really fair with this.

mfitz804 also chimed in and he's been pretty fair, willing to acknowledge that there's no guarantee but there's a risk. 

You on the other hand is the one that seem to be totally unwilling to challenge you beliefs, like it's absolutely impossible that it's happening. Why is that? 

as for Cammalleri i did say that he was not as bad as i expected when he was here. Just like i said i'd give Subban a chance in NJ. 

I answered with a question because your question was silly. The idea that a guy can't be flashy without being a problem behind the scenes is silly. 

You have all this "proof" and all you show us is clips of people talking about rumors. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I answered with a question because your question was silly. The idea that a guy can't be flashy without being a problem behind the scenes is silly. 

You have all this "proof" and all you show us is clips of people talking about rumors. 

Where the hell did i imply that a guy can't be flashy without being a a problem behind the scene? lol

I just posted a video of the friction between Gallagher and Subban (which he fought multiple times in practice). You can youtube Subban vs Plekanec yourself. 

Really not my problem if i can't magically provide stuff that was live on tv and that you're in full mode denial. The dude was traded twice even if he was one of the best player on the team. Use your common sense that all the rumours, reports and him getting traded is all for the same reason. 

52 minutes ago, MB3 said:

John madden fired a slap shot at Claude julien as the rumor goes; and he’s widely remembered as one of the best locker room guys ever. 

You always say “well documented” and then you never produce any of the documents.

youre so fvcking annoying lol

Oh. One incident. Yeah that sure discard ALL the fvcking incidents that happened with Subban and him being traded twice already even if he's one of the best player on the team. 

But yeah just like there was only rumours that Julien had lost control of his players at that time. Leading to Claude slapping in his direction. Leading to him being fired with 3 games left in the season even if we were first in our division. There was no friction at all. Pure coincidence. Was is Canadian media creating those rumours cause Julien is Canadian? Just like it's pure coincidence that Subban was traded twice after everything that's been reported?

And how am i supposed to produced documents when it's live on tv? I've been looking for clips of interviews i've seen for like 2 hours and i can't find anything. Yet i've seen them. Are you seriously suggesting that i'm making this sh!t up?

You're annoying too by the way hun. Never change.

edit: Just for fun. Provide me a "document" proving that John Madden really shot a puck at Claude Julien. It would only fair since you're asking me to provide something equivalent in order to really accept it

Edited by SterioDesign

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Where the hell did i imply that a guy can't be flashy without being a a problem behind the scene? lol

As a fan, what do you value the most? 

a) That our players have a good culture, a true brotherhood in the locker room with no friction at all.

b) Being entertained on social media.

That seems like the implication. 

Also this idea that there is such a thing as a locker room with zero friction is funny. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

36 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That seems like the implication. 

Also this idea that there is such a thing as a locker room with zero friction is funny. 

The plan was to have you answer this incredibly basic question in order to get a discussion going about how the fans perception can be really different from the team's perception cause they are the ones dealing directly with all that stuff internally and fans are shielded from that.

Which is probably why the team seem to be liking Andy Greene a hell more than fans.

So to bring up that Subban is great in the new Mabelline commercial, will give the devils that much more Twitter followers, gave 8000 high fives to dying kids and that he's posting a video of him shaving his nostrils before every game... is not really relevant when we're talking that there's a possibility of him creating problems in the locker room.

Another example is how silly i find that fans in MTL are demanding and putting TONS of pressure on the organization to always get a french speaking head coach in MTL. That's another example of fans putting their personal need before what really matters internally for the team itself. Who cares if fans can't understand the coach? Get the best coach that will do the best job for the team and the players.

This is hilarious. The New Jersey State Police facebook account posts a picture of PK. No mention of it on PK's social media accounts, but somehow he's a cheesy attention whore?

All this nonsense about him being a locker room cancer is speculation. No one has anything to say other than the fact that he didn't get along with Gallagher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nessus said:

This is hilarious. The New Jersey State Police facebook account posts a picture of PK. No mention of it on PK's social media accounts, but somehow he's a cheesy attention whore?

All this nonsense about him being a locker room cancer is speculation. No one has anything to say other than the fact that he didn't get along with Gallagher.

Hey, all I said was that it was cheesy.  It seemed like one of the typical stops on the "generate good PR" tour that someone of his stature would make.

I also didn't realize that he did work in Nashville with police officers, so I see the reasoning behind it now.

Didn't say anything about being an attention whore.  Don't lump me in with him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Well i'm not going to assume your stance (like you assume what i'll do in wtv future scenario) so i'm just going to ask you directly. 

As a fan, what do you value the most? 

a) That our players have a good culture, a true brotherhood in the locker room with no friction at all.

b) Being entertained on social media.

you are such a reactionary that if i hadn't been posting here for the last 12 years, I'd honestly think some of your posts were ironic satire

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

you are such a reactionary that if i hadn't been posting here for the last 12 years, I'd honestly think some of your posts were ironic satire

Gotta trust the process and be patient. This quote ended up being quite relevant with all the Lou stuff for sure. 

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." 

I really don't want to take on this.

But... I'm a guy with Jewish surname. No religion, with good European face... What I say, let's be truthful - with beautiful European face. Only surname. 

And surprise-surprise - someone's of our stupid redneks - 2-3 kids in different collectives - didn't like me just because. I didn't talk with them, not trolled them. I was ok with it - they were not smart childrens, kids are like wolfs.

May be - I say MAY BE someone doesn't like pk because he has not simply character, he likes to joke on everything and someone takes to heart from a guy... like PK.

Btw Gallagher looks like a nickelback fan - so I'm on PK side.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

I love PKs enthusiasm and that he's been so positive about joining the team. I love the fact the guy has a personality. If he's playing crap and still goofing off will it annoy me? Quite possibly. Will it annoy other players? Also quite probably but to be honest having a dust up in the dressing room can sometimes be a possitive. As has been said elsewhere on this thread the chances of any dressing room not having some friction are about zero. The crucial part will be how Shero and Hynes manage him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Guadana said:

I really don't want to take on this.

But... I'm a guy with Jewish surname. No religion, with good European face... What I say, let's be truthful - with beautiful European face. Only surname. 

And surprise-surprise - someone's of our stupid redneks - 2-3 kids in different collectives - didn't like me just because. I didn't talk with them, not trolled them. I was ok with it - they were not smart childrens, kids are like wolfs.

May be - I say MAY BE someone doesn't like pk because he has not simply character, he likes to joke on everything and someone takes to heart from a guy... like PK.

Btw Gallagher looks like a nickelback fan - so I'm on PK side.

This post was a roller coaster ride with a huge pay off in the last sentence.

Bravo

• Like 5

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Gotta trust the process and be patient. This quote ended up being quite relevant with all the Lou stuff for sure. 

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." 

You're quoting Schopenhauer to justify your Subban hate as a truth? Cringe-worthy. 

• Like 2