Jump to content
MadDog2020

2019 Development Camp thread

Recommended Posts

I figured it would be good to have a separate thread to discuss development camp, rather than lumping it in with the off-season thread. Camp is underway!

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope we get some videos from the camp.

I'm jonesing for some Devils updates

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time to see Jack Hughes in full equipment and uniform and they don’t even include him in the video...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing so many names I don't recognize really makes me miss thefiestygoat's seemingly daily Devils' prospect updates :( 

Obviously Hughes, Smith and Boqvist are the big names, but who else are people most interested in looking at?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

Seeing so many names I don't recognize really makes me miss thefiestygoat's seemingly daily Devils' prospect updates :( 

Obviously Hughes, Smith and Boqvist are the big names, but who else are people most interested in looking at?

Looking forward to seeing the silky mitts of Graeme Clarke that I've been hearing so much about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They are charging $5 for each of these events now, the 3v3 tournament on Wednesday and the red vs white scrimmage on Saturday. I know it's not a lot of money and they say they are donating it to the Devils charity but after the team sucked again last year, they took some perks away and raised ticket prices it really is more of just an annoyance/principal that they are charging for these now. 

Anyway, I had held off on buying tickets for Wednesday because I wanted to see if US women were gonna win the world cup and have another parade, which happens to be Wednesday as well so I'm going to that instead.

I'm going to the scrimmage on Saturday though which is fine by me because it's the better of the two events anyway.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

They are charging $5 for each of these events now, the 3v3 tournament on Wednesday and the red vs white scrimmage on Saturday. I know it's not a lot of money and they say they are donating it to the Devils charity but after the team sucked again last year, they took some perks away and raised ticket prices it really is more of just an annoyance/principal that they are charging for these now. 

Anyway, I had held off on buying tickets for Wednesday because I wanted to see if US women were gonna win the world cup and have another parade, which happens to be Wednesday as well so I'm going to that instead.

I'm going to the scrimmage on Saturday though which is fine by me because it's the better of the two events anyway.

Do you know where I can find tickets to the Saturday scrimmage?  I saw the Wednesday sale on twitter but couldn't find Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, devlman said:

First time to see Jack Hughes in full equipment and uniform and they don’t even include him in the video...

You just know they're going to tease us with this reveal for as long as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

Seeing so many names I don't recognize really makes me miss thefiestygoat's seemingly daily Devils' prospect updates :( 

Obviously Hughes, Smith and Boqvist are the big names, but who else are people most interested in looking at?

Walsh: nearly a point per game defenseman in his sophomore year at Harvard

Maltsev: mostly because we haven't seen much of him but I have a feeling he will impress

Studenic

Any of the 2019 draft picks, but particularly Okhotyuk, Moynihan, and McCarthy. Also interested to see Pasic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Do you know where I can find tickets to the Saturday scrimmage?  I saw the Wednesday sale on twitter but couldn't find Saturday.

I sent you a PM

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would like to get a look at Zetterlund and see what his potential is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be watching McLeod closely. Speed plays in today's game and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I'll be watching McLeod closely. Speed plays in today's game and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. 

Same for me, on all points.  All you have to do is watch some of his highlights in the minors to remember how he used to cut through the zone and could go end to end quickly - not sure why that hasn't translated well to the NHL just yet, but I believe he's still got potential, and I think it would be worth our while to try to see what we can get out of him before deeming him a bust.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Same for me, on all points.  All you have to do is watch some of his highlights in the minors to remember how he used to cut through the zone and could go end to end quickly - not sure why that hasn't translated well to the NHL just yet, but I believe he's still got potential, and I think it would be worth our while to try to see what we can get out of him before deeming him a bust.

I feel the same about him. He was used to being the fastest guy on the ice, he might just be having an issue adjusting to the speed. The skills are there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Mcleod deserve another chance. Especially if we watch at zacha or JJ. 
But if Jesse trade will happen - i think MM will be in compensation.

Edited by Guadana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've given up on McLeod for the most part.  I just don't see him being any better than a AAAA level player.

As for the 3 on 3 and tournament, I am speaking 100% for myself when I say I really don't get how people find those interesting.  I am not going to take a half or full day on Wednesday to see a bunch of prospects, most of whom will be bagging groceries in a few years, play a mini-tournament at half-speed.  Same with the scrimmage.  I feel the exact same way as those open practices they have had over the past 2-3 seasons as I find them to be beyond boring.  The whole appeal to the practices of the old days at SMU was the opportunity to get impromptu autographs from these players before and after.  Now everything is well planned out and the players are largely kept away from the fans.

I digress but outside of Hughes, Smith and maybe 3-4 others, the rest I couldn't care less about.

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

They are charging $5 for each of these events now, the 3v3 tournament on Wednesday and the red vs white scrimmage on Saturday. I know it's not a lot of money and they say they are donating it to the Devils charity but after the team sucked again last year, they took some perks away and raised ticket prices it really is more of just an annoyance/principal that they are charging for these now. 

Anyway, I had held off on buying tickets for Wednesday because I wanted to see if US women were gonna win the world cup and have another parade, which happens to be Wednesday as well so I'm going to that instead.

I'm going to the scrimmage on Saturday though which is fine by me because it's the better of the two events anyway.

You're not missing anything and the parade will probably be 100x more fun anyways.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DevsMan84 said:

I've given up on McLeod for the most part.  I just don't see him being any better than a AAAA level player.

He’s played what, 15 NHL games? Can’t say that just yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MadDog2020 said:

He’s played what, 15 NHL games? Can’t say that just yet.

I guess.  I just won't hold my breath after seeing players like JJ given more than enough time to make an impact only to come up short.

Maybe McLeod will luck himself into a hot wife like JJ did and even things out in his life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my #86 Hughes jersey in the mail on Monday from Cool Hockey, so I'll be rocking that at the scrimmage on Saturday. Hopefully I get to see Jack pot a couple with guys like Smith and Boqvist standing out as well :evil:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I guess.  I just won't hold my breath after seeing players like JJ given more than enough time to make an impact only to come up short.

Maybe McLeod will luck himself into a hot wife like JJ did and even things out in his life.

what`s a problem to give another chance and  some time with better partners for prospect when we have some roster spots and better partners? He played only 15 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guadana said:

what`s a problem to give another chance and  some time with better partners for prospect when we have some roster spots and better partners? He played only 15 games.

Given how our lineup is starting to likely look like in October, McLeod maybe has a chance of being on the 3rd line.  However, likely if he makes it he will be on the fourth line.  I do not see him doing better in those spots than what he has already showed.

He is also in his fourth development camp.  That doesn't bode well for a guy who was chosen #12 overall and is 1 year away from Q territory.

I am not saying he will certainly fail again this year, but I will not hold my breath on him finally figuring things out this season and making the team full-time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MB3 said:

I'll be watching McLeod closely. Speed plays in today's game and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. 

I mean, I guess he's fast. He hasn't impressed me in the slightest yet. Even Zacha has had explosions of adequacy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Got my #86 Hughes jersey in the mail on Monday from Cool Hockey, so I'll be rocking that at the scrimmage on Saturday. 

In other news, EPS probably hasn't even opened the box I shipped mine in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.