2019 Development Camp thread

MadDog2020

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

In other news, EPS probably hasn't even opened the box I shipped mine in. 

They do fantastic work, but the turnaround time is absurd. It shouldn’t take three months to stitch up a fvcking hockey jersey. I don’t care how busy you are.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

They do fantastic work, but the turnaround time is absurd. It shouldn’t take three months to stitch up a fvcking hockey jersey. I don’t care how busy you are.

Yeah, that's pretty accurate. I typically don't mind waiting, I don't even like wearing long pants this time of year, I'm not wearing a jersey. If i have timed it right, mine should arrive just before I need it lol. 

• Like 1

Cool Hockey gives you the option of hand stitching on their jerseys instead of that heat press garbage, so that's what I got for my Hughes jersey. Their hand stitching comes out pretty good from my experience, definitely better than spinning the chamber with an NHL.com order.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

EPS once said that internet or "fan" orders account for at best 10% of their business.  They do all four major sports leagues in the US (they now do more NHL teams these days than when they had the Devils as they got a bunch of teams at the same time as the Adidas switch), college sports, HS sports, little leagues and even beer leagues.  All of those take priority over the fan orders which are typically for 1-2 jerseys at a time.  Often times, it takes weeks just to get around to doing your jersey.

I am also fairly sure they are the busiest customizer out there at the moment, so there is that.

Edit: Also, FWIW, their work is extremely good like you said.  Even the current customizer for the Devils, PX, aren't as good quality wise as EPS.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Edit: Also, FWIW, their work is extremely good like you said.  Even the current customizer for the Devils, PX, aren't as good quality wise as EPS.

Any excuse to post this picture; here's a PX customized Game Issued jersey (i.e. supposedly ready for the player to wear but brand new and unworn) as I received it from MeiGray, as they received it from the team:

24838061007_22a40cccf0_b.jpg

#Quality

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

He looks smaller than I thought.

Yup, that's the kid that they would give oversized shoulder pads to back in the day to make him look more intimidating. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

EPS once said that internet or "fan" orders account for at best 10% of their business.  They do all four major sports leagues in the US (they now do more NHL teams these days than when they had the Devils as they got a bunch of teams at the same time as the Adidas switch), college sports, HS sports, little leagues and even beer leagues.  All of those take priority over the fan orders which are typically for 1-2 jerseys at a time.  Often times, it takes weeks just to get around to doing your jersey.

I am also fairly sure they are the busiest customizer out there at the moment, so there is that.

Good points, I didn’t realize they did all four major leagues. I can see how things may get a bit backed up with regard to fan orders. And I sent them two Devils jerseys to do (my ‘93 Niedermayer and my Elias Stadium Series Christmas tree jersey), so I know first hand- their work is outstanding.

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

And I sent them two Devils jerseys to do (my ‘93 Niedermayer and my Elias Stadium Series Christmas tree jersey), so I know first hand- their work is outstanding.

Part of why I still use them after the team switched to PX. They get the current font and number size pretty damn close, I have not been able to tell any differences without comparing them side by side, and even then it’s very slight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Ok I know the answer will make me feel extra stupid but who on the Devils has a last name that starts with PR? 

I was thinking the same thing and the only thing I could come up with was Dalton Prout, but I didn't post or say it because my immediate thought was "No, he wouldn't have a Dalton Prout jersey".  

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

I was thinking the same thing and the only thing I could come up with was Dalton Prout, but I didn't post or say it because my immediate thought was "No, he wouldn't have a Dalton Prout jersey".  

It's Prout.  mfitz bought it to strip the name and number...think he made it a Hischier.  Reason he did it is this is technically the ONLY way to buy a jersey that's actually what the players wear.  None of the "available to the public" stuff comes anywhere near close.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It's Prout.  mfitz bought it to strip the name and number...think he made it a Hischier.  Reason he did it is this is technically the ONLY way to buy a jersey that's actually what the players wear.  None of the "available to the public" stuff comes anywhere near close.

Gotcha, makes sense.  Otherwise I was gonna say he talks a fair amount of smack about people loving Patrick Maroon who only played a mere 17 games in a Devils sweater, while Dalton Prout played exactly 1 game more lol.

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I got a factory-customized Hall Heritage jersey last week at nose's for $78 (marked down from $225) and yeah the Adidas "authentics" are nowhere close.  They feel and resemble more of the old Reebok premier replicas than what the players wear on the ice.

Edit: I got it from D!ck$ but this site thinks I shop at dirty stores and changes it to nose.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Haha 4

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

I got a factory-customized Hall Heritage jersey last week at nose's for $78 (marked down from $225) and yeah the Adidas "authentics" are nowhere close.  They feel and resemble more of the old Reebok premier replicas than what the players wear on the ice.

This forum auto-correcting d1ck's to "nose's" will never not be funny to me.

#mfitz3rdgradehumor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

49 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Correct. It was a Prout jersey for about as long as it took me to take that picture. 

What it also was was the cheapest available Adidas jersey in the size I wanted, which is why I bought it. My initial plan was to make it a Hall because a #9 would cover any damage left behind by the #5. But it came off so clean (because PX basically attached them with static electricity and wishful thinking, as demonstrated by the picture), I wasn't limited in any way. So it became a #13. 

49 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Gotcha, makes sense.  Otherwise I was gonna say he talks a fair amount of smack about people loving Patrick Maroon who only played a mere 17 games in a Devils sweater, while Dalton Prout played exactly 1 game more lol.

My issue isn't with people loving Maroon, my issue is people acting like he wanted to be in NJ when he was traded here, stayed for 17 games, and left as quickly as he could. That was not a guy who ever wanted to be on this team. 

He did have nice numbers in 17 games played, though. 

45 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

This forum auto-correcting d1ck's to "nose's" will never not be funny to me.

#mfitz3rdgradehumor

Third grade humor is poops and farts. Nose jokes are more 6th to 7th grade. 

I cover both of those, of course, but I had to point out the distinction, for accuracy's sake. 

20 minutes ago, MB3 said:

This forum needs to know the difference between “I want to smash Brad Marchand’s massive nose” and “I want to smash Brad Marchand’s massive nose.” 

This might be my second favorite post of the day. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1