2019 Development Camp thread

MadDog2020

2 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Was Hughes THAT dominant?  I know it's 3v3 but were there other players driving the play that much?

I was at the other end.  I didn't see him until the final game.  The players I mentioned in the other Thread drove the play. ie Smith Boquist.  Seney and Anderson played well, but you would expect them to.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Was Hughes THAT dominant?  I know it's 3v3 but were there other players driving the play that much?

I can't attest too much to the other teams because the stream was focused on each of Hughes' games and I wasn't there in person, but Hughes was legitimately dominant out there, he was phenomenal. Thought Tyce Thompson drove play pretty well when he was on the ice, and Walsh generated a lot of chances too.

Boqvist and Smith I thought looked awesome together on their team, also thought McLeod was doing a great driving possession. Okhotyuk very noticeably can skate and had a nice wrist shot goal. Bastian made a nice move in tight on Schmid for a goal as well, liked to see that from him as I'd like to see his puck skills improve, he already has the power aspects of the game down.

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I hope Bastian can build on the end of year flashes he had.

I don't want to insinuate he's going to be a 30+ goal scorer like Simmonds was/is, but if Bastian can improve his puck skills he can be kind of like a light version of what Simmonds was in his prime. Big net front guy that can bang in goals in front and take the goalie's eyes away, if he can handle the puck better in tight like he showed today on that goal against Schmid he could become a valuable complimentary piece. I'm partial to speed and skill but you can always use someone who can play the net front on the powerplay, Bastian could be that guy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Speak for yourself!!

No, actually, you can speak for me too. 

I would have considered going if my daughter was available, I think she would've enjoyed it. But I don't think I would have gone, while I have managed to go 7 months taking only one day off, I still have all of my vacation time planned out between now and the end of the year. 

If my work wasn’t completely insane at the moment, I absolutely would’ve taken my daughter to this...we would’ve had a blast.  I really start to miss hockey right around this time...and there’s definitely some things to get excited about.  Would’ve loved to get a look at Hughes, Boqvist, and Smith.  But just seeing Devils hockey in any form probably would’ve made me jones that much harder for it.  And admittedly I still want to enjoy all that summer offers first...it goes by fast enough as it is.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Rock said:

BTW it was interesting seeing an 89 on the ice not being Mogilny!  It was Danny Weight.😀

There was a 93 too (forget who)...that will always be Gilmour to me, even though he came and went pretty damned quick.