2019 Development Camp thread

MadDog2020

19 minutes ago, MB3 said:

They really overestimated our ability to just pronounce Popuguyv

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say this play by play guy just asked the players how to to pronounce their names and he probably had a lot of conversations like the following:

Announcer guy: "So Nikita, how do you pronounce your name?" 

Popugayev: "Po-poo-gdjdndjskdkdkdkd." 

Announcer guy: "Could you repeat that one more time?" 

Popugayev: Like I say, "Po-pjdmdkskskdkd." 

Announcer guy: "Okay, just a bit slower."

Popugayev: *unintelligible noises*

Announcer guy: "Okay, we'll go with that." 

• Haha 1

Wescott just remarked that "Boqvist's teammates want him to make the roster this year...they keep setting him up."

The reason he keeps getting chances is because he's a blur on the ice - he's beating everyone, he even burned Hughes on a straight line to the puck.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Wescott just remarked that "Boqvist's teammates want him to make the roster this year...they keep setting him up."

The reason he keeps getting chances is because he's a blur on the ice - he's beating everyone, he even burned Hughes on a straight line to the puck.

hardly looks like he's trying, too. Looks like he's making the team.

Walsh is having another impressive showing too. He could be a good one for us.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Y'all better not act like I didn't damn tell you so; Boqvist is a top-6 forward for the Devils next year and will find his way to the first line for multiple games next season.

Yep. That’s why I get annoyed when people casually include him in trade proposals. Boqvist is a keeper.

• Like 1

I really hope we don't see this during the season.  Hughes made a bunch of crazy passes, but his teammates flubbed the scoring chance.

Some fans around me were expecting Hughes to score on every time he touched the puck.  Since he didn't he must be a bust.😝

Popugaev tried to go 1 on 5 too many times to my liking, but did score a sick goal.

As mentioned in the above posts Boqvist was great.  I was impressed with him on Wednesday and again today, 😎

I was standing by the glass and everything they have said about Hughes skating is true.  He turns and changes position VERY fast!

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Rock said:

I really hope we don't see this during the season.  Hughes made a bunch of crazy passes, but his teammates flubbed the scoring chance.

Who did he play with and how many of them, if any, were NHL caliber players?