MadDog2020

2019 Development Camp thread

Not to interrupt the theme of this thread, which is to crap on people wanting to see a little hockey, but Hughes looks incredible from what I'm seeing on the stream. Amazing puck protection on one of those plays and then no look passing to an open team mate

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Fair, but I guess work isn't for some of people in line as well.

I guess not. I'm off this week and still decided not to go since there's a stream anyway

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Not to interrupt the theme of this thread, which is to crap on people wanting to see a little hockey, but Hughes looks incredible from what I'm seeing on the stream. Amazing puck protection on one of those plays and then no look passing to an open team mate

He did well against kids who will never even make it to the AHL in their careers.

You know, against What's His Name and Who's That?

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

It's your kids and that's important.  You take days off for your kids, not to see a kid who is not related to you and will be making far more money than you this year alone than most of us will in the next few years combined.

Speak for yourself!!

No, actually, you can speak for me too. 

I would have considered going if my daughter was available, I think she would've enjoyed it. But I don't think I would have gone, while I have managed to go 7 months taking only one day off, I still have all of my vacation time planned out between now and the end of the year. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

!!!! 

HORRIBLE angle, but that looked like a beautiful play. 

EDIT: I meant the angle of the video, not the angle of the actual play/shot itself. 

The emojis are making me sick, however. 

Edited by mfitz804

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

He did well against kids who will never even make it to the AHL in their careers.

You know, against What's His Name and Who's That?

Jesus man. You are a real wet blanket. Go back to work since its so important to you. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Jesus man. You are a real wet blanket. Go back to work since its so important to you. 

I'm already calling his boss to report him, don't worry. ;) 

• Haha 2

After the first two games, I've liked the look of Tyce Thompson a lot. Had a snipe in the first game and he's shown some good hands in tight.

• Like 2

Just now, CommonDreads said:

Boqvist looking real nice too, I'm real excited for this kid

I wonder if he jumps straight in or they start him in the AHL. I'm also curious to see who that "where did he come from" guy is.  Like Speers really impressing that one season

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I'd rather eat sh!t than take a half-day on a Wednesday to take off for this.

I can't really say I agree with that. We aren't Philly fans. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 2

Proposal: People have different priorities, responsibilities, and life circumstances, and taking a morning to go to a recreational event doesn't make you stupid or a sh!thead if you decide to make time for it in your life. Jfc.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I wonder if he jumps straight in or they start him in the AHL. I'm also curious to see who that "where did he come from" guy is.  Like Speers really impressing that one season

Can they do that? He’s under contract for one more year with his Swedish team, I thought he could only come over to the NHL? 

Just now, Nicomo said:

Can they do that? He’s under contract for one more year with his Swedish team, I thought he could only come over to the NHL? 

Ohh that's true, I forgot about that

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He signed his ELC a few weeks ago, so he'll have a chance to make the team out of camp. Likely the Devils would loan him back to Brynäs if he doesn't make the big team this year.

Edited by CommonDreads

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

because I could only afford a $20 knockoff chinese Kovalchuk jersey as a college freshman. 

Well, on the flip side, it was cheap enough to set on fire when he "retired". 

• Like 2

I understand Jack's team won the tourney. I guess that's a good thing, I would hate it if a McLeod led strike was all it took to take him down. 

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

9287FDED-21D5-45A2-9713-E9AF399395DE.gif

Good movie. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Hot damn, talk about holding a grudge!

My man had a QUOTE from 2010 at the ready...puts my collection of memes waiting to be used TO SHAME. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Better not be!! If Simmonds is in our top 6, that’s a problem. 

I can't see how Simmonds won't be on Hughes' right wing to start the season.  He was brought in to be a bodyguard for Jack, as much as he is here to be a net front presence.