Just when you thought I caused enough controversy this week

mfitz804

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Indeed they do.  But not all bagel shops in NJ are created equal.  There's some duds.

I call the bad ones “rolls with holes”. 

Staten Island has some amazing bagel places, I’m totally spoiled in that regard. But we just get bacon, and call it bacon. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Do they even have good bagels in Jersey??

The best. But as CR said, not all bagel places are created equal. Although our worst bagel shop in NJ would be the best bagel shop in pretty much any other place on earth (other than NYC).

5 hours ago, WaffleFries said:

I can't even imagine what kind of boujee motherfvcker orders a "Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese". Yikes. 'Round these parts (Central Jersey/ Jersey Shore) you get the shoprite brand Pork Roll cause its cheaper and I gotta save every penny i can to afford tickets, gas, and parking to go to the games. 

Maybe there’s an economic component to this I overlooked. Who here is a boujee motherfvcker and what do you call it?

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The best. But as CR said, not all bagel places are created equal. Although our worst bagel shop in NJ would be the best bagel shop in pretty much any other place on earth (other than NYC).

Hot ovens, brah. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Attack me? Fine. My mom? Fine. Pavel Zacha? Fine. Taylor hall? Less fine but fine. 

My bagels? Bitcc you betta be ready to throw down. 

It’s not your fault, you’re just used to substandard water. 

Growing up in Toms River, I had never even heard the term Taylor Ham until I was like in middle school. It was always pork roll. As for the claim that Camden County calls it Taylor ham, I've never heard it in South Jersey ever, and I spend a lot of time in Camden and Burlington counties. 

I'll never understand North Jersey folks and their obsession with telling everyone Central Jersey doesn't exist. If people from a place say that place exists, that's it. There's no argument to be had. They're the authority. End of discussion. How is someone that can't point to Monmouth County on a map gonna tell someone from Freehold what to call the place they're from? Get outta here. 

I've always identified as being from the Shore, but a lot of people in TR say they're from Central Jersey. When I think Central, I think New Brunswick, Freehold, Trenton, Edison. If you're gonna break the state down into only three regions, then yea, we're central Jersey, but I think the Shore is distinct.

Edited by thecoffeecake
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I'll never understand North Jersey folks and their obsession with telling everyone Central Jersey doesn't exist.

You surely mean South Jersey I hope.... because I haven’t met one person from South Jersey that believes Central Jersey is a thing. I, a North Jerseyan, have been trying to convince my friends and family members from South Jersey otherwise for years lol.

4 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I've always identified as being from the Shore, but a lot of people in TR say they're from Central Jersey. When I think Central, I think New Brunswick, Freehold, Trenton, Edison. If you're gonna break the state down into only three regions, then yea, we're central Jersey, but I think the Shore is distinct.

Agree with this 100%.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You surely mean South Jersey I hope.... because I haven’t met one person from South Jersey that believes Central Jersey is a thing. I, a North Jerseyan, have been trying to convince my friends and family members from South Jersey otherwise for years lol.

Agree with this 100%.

My experience has been with North Jersey folks mostly, but I think the overall sentiment in Central Jersey is that no one else believes they exist, North or South.

• Like 1

So, thanks to you guys I was craving a Taylor Ham sandwich. I found a place in the Detroit suburbs that happens to sell one. Place is called Jersey Bagel if anyone happens to live in Michigan. Anyways, I walk in and guess what? They ran out of "pork roll". I was pissed but I got a bacon egg and cheese instead. The bagels were good though. 

• Like 2

Better question. Why does Taylor Ham / pork roll / unspecified meat stick even exist? Get bacon. Get ham. But meat stick? Kinda gross if you ask me. 

And putting ketchup on eggs is like spreading mayonnaise on a birthday cake covered in spiders. Skin crawling yuck that's relatively senseless. And yes, I'm aware migas and salsa on a breakfast taco is a thing in my current home of Austin. But it's still icky. 

But to be fair, I'm also the weirdo who doesn't put milk in cereal, so my culinary preferences can be suspect. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, njskaguy33 said:

But to be fair, I'm also the weirdo who doesn't put milk in cereal, so my culinary preferences can be suspect.

This was made abundantly clear after the first few sentences of your post. 😛

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 2:05 PM, njskaguy33 said:

Better question. Why does Taylor Ham / pork roll / unspecified meat stick even exist? Get bacon. Get ham. But meat stick? Kinda gross if you ask me. 

And putting ketchup on eggs is like spreading mayonnaise on a birthday cake covered in spiders. Skin crawling yuck that's relatively senseless. And yes, I'm aware migas and salsa on a breakfast taco is a thing in my current home of Austin. But it's still icky. 

Agree with the ketchup hot take, but I won't even touch the one before that haha