Just when you thought I caused enough controversy this week

mfitz804

16 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Got into a twitter argument with Tim Pinachio (sp?) that he was going to shore in No.Jersey. (Long Branch I think.) I told him, that's Monmouth Co. not No. jersey by any stretch. He didn't accept my side. 

That’s the guy who covers the Flyers, he’s a South Jersey guy. All people from South Jersey that I know- and I know a bunch- don’t believe Central Jersey exists. They think it’s a myth. I’ve had many arguments with them about this lol.

Edited by MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s the guy who covers the Flyers, he’s a South Jersey guy. All people from South Jersey that I know- and I know a bunch- don’t believe Central Jersey exists. They think it’s a myth. I’ve had many arguments with them about this lol.

Well I see alot of people who say they are form Central Jersey Because they don't wanna say they are from South Jersey. Central Jersey.. this debate will live forever.. I mean there is no "official definition " of such a place.

• Like 1

While we’re at it, what’s up with naming a city West New York? Hi, my name is Pork Roll and I live in West New York, New Jersey. Which I think is North Jersey but now it could literally be Delaware and I wouldn’t know. 

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

When I tell you that you’re wrong, it’s nothing personal, I’m not judging you, you can call it whatever you want because quite frankly I’m tired of having this argument with people- but you’re wrong. I’ve lived in North Jersey my entire 40 years. I’ve never once- not ONCE- ever heard it called pork roll up here, ever. I don’t call it that, no one I know up here calls it that, no one I’ve ever met (except you and MB3 now) calls it that, and I’ve never been to any eating establishment here that calls it that. So if you’re from up here and you call it pork roll, you’re in the vast, VAST minority. That’s not speculation, it’s not my opinion, it’s a straight fact homie. 

You can tell me I'm wrong until the cows come home, it doesn't make your facts more right than my own life experiences. Everyone I know calls it pork roll, when I go into any place where I'm from I order a pork roll egg and cheese lol. So keep spitting them facts homie, but I got mine to, dog 😂

I think I'm having Deja Vu.....

Well, the picture says 'Taylor Pork Roll' so I suppose there is a compromise to be had here.  Like most compromises, however, methinks neither side will be happy.  In any event, I'll always be a Pork Roll man....

…..not sure that last part came out the right way.

3 hours ago, CarterforPresident said:

Well I see alot of people who say they are form Central Jersey Because they don't wanna say they are from South Jersey. Central Jersey.. this debate will live forever.. I mean there is no "official definition " of such a place.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

There’s no such thing!!

😂

I live in Trenton but when I lived in Salem (I don't recommend it) everyone said Trenton was north Jersey.  People in north Jersey say that we're in south Jersey.  Screw the both of'em: we are in central Jersey bitches!

3 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm from central jersey and it's called meat circle. 

Wait, I thought that was a circle jerk?  So if a circle jerk is a meat circle and a meat circle is a pork roll then..... oh my.

Edited by AEWHistory

5 hours ago, AEWHistory said:

I think I'm having Deja Vu.....

Well, the picture says 'Taylor Pork Roll' so I suppose there is a compromise to be had here.  Like most compromises, however, methinks neither side will be happy.  In any event, I'll always be a Pork Roll man....

…..not sure that last part came out the right way.

As long as the compromise is removing the word ham like I did on the package, I agree.

I used to live in Central Jersey for 20 years, went to school at Stockton (south Jersey) and also lived in Hoboken for 2 1/2 years so I’m proud to say I lived in south, central and northern Jersey at some point in my life and loved every second of it.

Ok so I don’t have anything to contribute to the pork roll/Taylor ham discussion but just wanted to join in the topic of the regions of Jersey.  While we’re at it, if anyone plays golf and has any way possible of getting me on Pine Valley please please please let me know.  Thanks guys!