Jack Hughes signs 3 years avg $925,000

Devils01

The New Jersey Devils signed No. 1 overall pick Jack Hughes to the maximum three-year entry-level contract on Friday with performance bonuses.

LETSSS GOOOO BABYYY. I haven’t been this excited in years (besides signing Hall and getting Hischier of course) can the season start already!

7F48A333-C269-4A83-AC8C-C838D162D4FA.jpeg

Edited by Devils01
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Can't.  Wait.

Ice Jerseys having $60 off sale for embroidered jerseys - anyone know anything about the site?

https://www.icejerseys.com/new-jersey-devils-adidas-adizero-nhl-authentic-pro-home-jersey-p43969/?location=US&nosto=frontpage-nosto-1-fallback-nosto-1

Want to buy a Hughes jersey.  Not too soon right?

Edited by Devilsfan118

6 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

just bought a "shirsey" (i know some of you despise that word)

"LETS GO BAYBEEEE!" -JH

I am serious.

And don't call me shirsey!

49 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Here is a picture of the ‘Hall File’: https://i.redd.it/258lfa628w931.jpg

That certainly is a Taylor Hall file...

Congrats Jack, you can now afford all the salami, mustard and bread that you could ever want. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

Don’t get too excited about the Taylor Hall file. I have it on good authority it’s just the restraining order against @MB3.

Taylor would never go along with that. They’re in love. 

• Haha 1

And now here i am whit unpopular thoughts.

How do you think - do organization really need to force jack and put him in a mix in the next season or give him some space for growing like Johhny G did have in flames. They didn`t rush him. Auston spent his 18`s year in swiss league and start his first season in nhl when he was 19.

We had some good example in Hishier, who start to play here and now, we had bad example - begins with the letter Z, end with ACHA. 

Johhny Gaudreau was the 104th overall pick. Jack Hughes is the #1 overall pick. There is much more of an expectation that he will be NHL ready. I don't know if that's right or wrong, but it's fact. 

I think there's little to no chance that Jack is anywhere but the NHL roster on opening night. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Johhny Gaudreau was the 104th overall pick. Jack Hughes is the #1 overall pick. There is much more of an expectation that he will be NHL ready. I don't know if that's right or wrong, but it's fact. 

I think there's little to no chance that Jack is anywhere but the NHL roster on opening night. 

i`m not even think about that Jay Hugh will not be in the starting line-up. I just think what will be better for him and for his development. I wonder and ask myself and others. I do not demand and do not stand on one decision

Johnny isn`t my only example, but Jack and gaudreau are comparable in style and size.players.

Edited by Guadana

3 minutes ago, Guadana said:

i`m not even think about that Jay Hugh will not be in the starting line-up. I just think what will be better for him and for his development. I wonder and ask myself and others. I do not demand and do not stand on one decision

Johnny isn`t my only example, but Jack and gaudreau are comparable in style and size.players.

Size doesn't matter. 

51 minutes ago, Guadana said:

I get the concern about development, but there's less than zero chance the Devils draft a player as hyped up as Hughes first overall and promote him like this just to send him to Switzerland or something. He's in the opening night roster unless something dramatic happens 

• Like 2