Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

Devils re-sign Carrick; two years $1.5 mil AAV

I thought he was a decent guy so far. Let's see how he does with a full camp

• Like 1

I like what I saw last year, you never know.

Maybe he develops into a solid bottom pairing guy.

• Like 2

Well said mfitz.  It’s fine.  Not expecting that much, but not like he’s being paid much.  Low risk move.  

• Like 2

At the very least I think he’s probably better than Mirco Mueller. 

• Like 6

I liked him. Not going to get his jersey, but I liked him. 

Ugly sonovabitch though, my lord

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Ugly sonovabitch though, my lord

He looks like the fourth Jonas brother, the one who can’t sing or play instruments, so instead he operates a business that the other three paid for, like a car wash. 

48303723001_e1776c5f98_b.jpg

• Haha 1

I'm happy with this, I thought he looked good last year after the deadline and he has a really cute dog, so those are both pluses.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

He looks like the fourth Jonas brother, the one who can’t sing or play instruments, so instead he operates a business that the other three paid for, like a car wash. 

48303723001_e1776c5f98_b.jpg

So you're saying he's the Cooper Manning of hockey?

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

So you're saying he's the Cooper Manning of hockey?

No. 

I’m saying he LOOKS like the Cooper Manning of boy bands. 

10 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

But cute dog

His dog is amazing. I’d give him 2.5m for 5 years. 

I went to school with the Jonas brothers. I can tell you for a fact that Connor is not nearly as douchey as they were.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I went to school with the Jonas brothers. I can tell you for a fact that Connor is not nearly as douchey as they were.

We need stories.

21 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

We need stories.

Definitely!!

Well aside from the general entitlement of being pseudo-famous fvckboys back then, one of my fondest memories was Nick (who was a year below us at the time) making fun of my friend Jeremy in the halls before 3rd period.  My friend Jeremy SNAPS and wraps his hand around Nicks trachea and pins him up against a locker.  We had to pull him off but he was about to start WAILING on that kids face.  When jeremy let go, Nick was coughing, choking, and crying all at the same time.  We didn't really see much of them after 7th grade.  The youngest brother (who is actually in the band now after the oldest left) came into school one time wearing his full costume from Les Miserables on broadway and he got torn to shreds by everyone lol.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Well aside from the general entitlement of being pseudo-famous fvckboys back then, one of my fondest memories was Nick (who was a year below us at the time) making fun of my friend Jeremy in the halls before 3rd period.  My friend Jeremy SNAPS and wraps his hand around Nicks trachea and pins him up against a locker.  We had to pull him off but he was about to start WAILING on that kids face.  When jeremy let go, Nick was coughing, choking, and crying all at the same time.  We didn't really see much of them after 7th grade.  The youngest brother (who is actually in the band now after the oldest left) came into school one time wearing his full costume from Les Miserables on broadway and he got torn to shreds by everyone lol.

I didn't even know they were from NJ.  I went to High school with Halsey. I never really knew her but from what I have heard she's quite the fake.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I didn't even know they were from NJ.  I went to High school with Halsey. I never really knew her but from what I have heard she's quite the fake.

I also went to school with Stephen Baldwin's daughter who was friends with Miley Cyrus at the time, she let me text her from her phone and ask her to prom lol. Needless to say I was rejected. 

Edit: also, every time Stephen came to school to pick up his daughter, me and my friend Jordan would yell "DOYLE!"  at him and he would just smirk and do the shaka sign

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Like 2

Geez, all you guys with your celeb connections.

I went to high school with Ricky Proehl (WR for 17 years in the NFL, won a SB with the Rams) and Michael Ian Black (did The State and Viva Variety, and appeared on some novelty shows like VH1's "I Love the 80s").  Both were nice enough guys (Ricky was clearly the best player on our football team by far and worked very hard at being the best he could be, but quite ironically, he wasn't at all full of himself the way many of his far less-talented teammates were, who carried themselves like the gods they only wished they could be)...Ricky was the kind of guy who would say hello to anyone in the hallway.  Black (whose real last name is Schwartz) actually grew up in my neighborhood from when I was about 8 to 10 years old (we moved to a different part of town, but I still knew him through graduation...he was a year behind me, but skipped the 5th grade to move up into my class)...he was a pretty cool guy, pretty funny...definitely much funnier in person and just hanging out than he ever was during anything he did on TV.  I wasn't super-close with him, but he was a good dude...I remember seeing him on The State (was on MTV) in my early 20s, recognizing him immediately and thinking "Damn, how did he wind up with that gig?  Good for him!"  Think he went to NYU and met the other people who would eventually do that show while in school, but I was happy for him that he was able to make something happen...sure it wasn't easy. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I also went to school with Stephen Baldwin's daughter who was friends with Miley Cyrus at the time, she let me text her from her phone and ask her to prom lol. Needless to say I was rejected. 

Edit: also, every time Stephen came to school to pick up his daughter, me and my friend Jordan would yell "DOYLE!"  at him and he would just smirk and do the shaka sign

You could have at least went with “McManus!”

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You could have at least went with “McManus!”

My taste in movies was lacking back then

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

you are from Warren Hills Area?  

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Geez, all you guys with your celeb connections.

I went to high school with Ricky Proehl (WR for 17 years in the NFL, won a SB with the Rams) and Michael Ian Black (did The State and Viva Variety, and appeared on some novelty shows like VH1's "I Love the 80s").  Both were nice enough guys (Ricky was clearly the best player on our football team by far and worked very hard at being the best he could be, but quite ironically, he wasn't at all full of himself the way many of his far less-talented teammates were, who carried themselves like the gods they only wished they could be)...Ricky was the kind of guy who would say hello to anyone in the hallway.  Black (whose real last name is Schwartz) actually grew up in my neighborhood from when I was about 8 to 10 years old (we moved to a different part of town, but I still knew him through graduation...he was a year behind me, but skipped the 5th grade to move up into my class)...he was a pretty cool guy, pretty funny...definitely much funnier in person and just hanging out than he ever was during anything he did on TV.  I wasn't super-close with him, but he was a good dude...I remember seeing him on The State (was on MTV) in my early 20s, recognizing him immediately and thinking "Damn, how did he wind up with that gig?  Good for him!"  Think he went to NYU and met the other people who would eventually do that show while in school, but I was happy for him that he was able to make something happen...sure it wasn't easy. 

Thanks for sharing that. I was a huge fan of The State as a teenager so it's cool to hear that Black was a good guy

1 hour ago, CMONPETEYD said:

you are from Warren Hills Area?  

Yes sir. Warren Hills is my Alma mater.

• Like 1