Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

Devils re-sign Carrick; two years $1.5 mil AAV

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Yes sir. Warren Hills is my Alma mater.

I think one of the Jonas brothers lives in Denville now.

7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Thanks for sharing that. I was a huge fan of The State as a teenager so it's cool to hear that Black was a good guy

Yeah he was.  One of those dudes who could elicit chuckles in class from everyone (including the teachers) without trying very hard...quite funny but not in the classic "Class Clown" mold...he was a very good student, quite smart actually (wouldn't have skipped a grade otherwise I suppose). 

He was already doing some comedy bits back then...he'd just kind of brainstorm and come up with ideas...some worked and some didn't, but he kinda knew that failure would be part of the equation (he tried to front his own band for a while, and let's just say he was never meant to be a vocalist...even decent stage presence wasn't enough to overcome his very bad singing).  But like I said, much funnier off-the-cuff than when he'd try to create bits.     

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Toasterleavins said:

Warren Hills here as well. Graduated in 98. 

Yes, I am older than dirt.

Class of 2009 here. Grew up in Broadway/Washington.

50 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think one of the Jonas brothers lives in Denville now.

I live and work in Parsippany/Morris Plains now, so I am right down the road. Maybe I should pop in lol. I know there are bunch of wealthy people right up the road in Mendham too. You always see Ferries and Lambos going up and down the road.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Class of 2009 here. Grew up in Broadway/Washington.

I live and work in Parsippany/Morris Plains now, so I am right down the road. Maybe I should pop in lol. I know there are bunch of wealthy people right up the road in Mendham too. You always see Ferries and Lambos going up and down the road.

I work in the same area.... believe me, I know.  My office is right next to a Porsche dealership lol. 

Edited by MadDog2020

All these people going to school with famous people.  I can top that.  I graduated with 224 total nobodies!

Oops, forgot myself.  That’s 225!

• Haha 1

Slight overpay but a reasonable gamble considering how strong he was 5 on 5 once in the offensive zone. Just keep him away from the PP at all costs. He and Smith would be a nice 3rd pair based on strengths.

Don't know how this happened, but a friend of mine is a personal trainer here in FL and a few days ago he made a post on Instagram about donuts, and Connor Carrick liked it.  

On 7/17/2019 at 3:06 PM, NJDevils1214 said:

Yes sir. Warren Hills is my Alma mater.

I am in Mansfield!