Gusev to the Devils CONFIRMED

Neb00rs

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

I had friends at the Dev Camp scrimmages and he said Boqvist, way way way more than Hughes or Smith, was out there looking like a juniors player skating around a bunch of house-league peewees.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how Boqvist and Gusev adjust to the NHL, the competition on the left will be very very interesting to follow... i'd blindly rank them... Hall > Gusev > Boqvist > Coleman > Wood.

Which kind of eliminate the possibility of Zacha being moved to the wing so he'll be stuck on the 4th... which is a good problem for the team to have someone with his skills and size on the 4th line in a more defensive role but he probably wanted more (and so did we) but i think if we don't trade him that he'll be the perfect replacement for Zajac in a few years.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Why not just ZEROTOSHERO?

it's  the legend of the CMON

I think it started with me as CMONBRENT, and LOTCB was CMONLOU

I then changed to CMONPETEYD - i think LOTCB flamed out.

I gotta keep the CMON!  It is also an inside joke between Crasher, LOTCB and myself!  I think this goes back almost  5-7 years if not more

• Like 3

Just now, CMONPETEYD said:

it's  the legend of the CMON

I think it started with me as CMONBRENT, and LOTCB was CMONLOU

I then changed to CMONPETEYD - i think LOTCB flamed out.

I gotta keep the CMON!  It is also an inside joke between Crasher, LOTCB and myself!  I think this goes back almost  5-7 years if not more

oh, absolutely fair

so IF Gusev and Boqvist turn out legit NHL players... this makes Wood and possibly Zacha even more expendable which we could use to upgrade our D. That'd be ideal. Ive seen a lot of people saying we should flip Vatanen for forward help but at this point im not sure i'f i do it, i feel our D need more help than our forwards

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah it will be interesting to see how Boqvist and Gusev adjust to the NHL, the competition on the left will be very very interesting to follow... i'd blindly rank them... Hall > Gusev > Boqvist > Coleman > Wood.

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

so IF Gusev and Boqvist turn out legit NHL players... this makes Wood and possibly Zacha even more expendable which we could use to upgrade our D. That'd be ideal. Ive seen a lot of people saying we should flip Vatanen for forward help but at this point im not sure i'f i do it, i feel our D need more help than our forwards

The first thing I thought when I saw these posts is that we have a LOT of forwards, and a lot of NHL forwards. They won't all be on the roster come opening night, I wouldn't think. We're gonna see another trade. 

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

There goes my productivity.

goose dancing GIF by Cheezburger

I can't wait to post goose Gifs after every goal. Gonna be LITTTT.

40651153642_d529e588ac_b.jpg

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

It’s time for him to put pen to paper now. sh!t or get off the pot.

If, in fact, he’s been given the paper. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The first thing I thought when I saw these posts is that we have a LOT of forwards, and a lot of NHL forwards. They won't all be on the roster come opening night, I wouldn't think. We're gonna see another trade. 

Need to fill those 2nd and 3rd Round coffers again

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, I thought that. Hopefully an upgrade on D but even there we're carrying eight players.

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s time for him to put pen to paper now. sh!t or get off the pot.

I don't think they've even gotten that far yet. Ray has clearly been working on his trade and signing, plus he had Mueller and Carrick to re-sign, and now Butcher and Zacha are up. Shero said that he and Hall weren't going to have serious talks until things settled down. I really wouldn't be worried about Hall unless we were hitting early September without him signed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Neb00rs said:

Just wanted to take this opportunity to wish the Rangers a gracious fvck you as they drown in cap space problems. Have fun with all the millions in dead money you're going to have this year and next.

But think of all those players who want to play in the bright lights who can't because the Rags can't afford them....So sadddd 😭

• Haha 1

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I don't think they've even gotten that far yet. Ray has clearly been working on his trade and signing, plus he had Mueller and Carrick to re-sign, and now Butcher and Zacha are up. Shero said that he and Hall weren't going to have serious talks until things settled down. I really wouldn't be worried about Hall unless we were hitting early September without him signed. 

Yeah I didn’t mean literally today, just that Hall should have the info he needs now to make a decision. The roster for 2019-20 is pretty much set now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I didn’t mean literally today, just that Hall should have the info he needs now to make a decision. The roster for 2019-20 is pretty much set now.

Oh I agree. if he doesn't want to come back at this point, that's on him. Ray has gone above and beyond to prove that he is willing to do what it takes to build a winner

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Makes me kind of wonder if Palmieri might be traded to address the lack of talent on the left side of our defense. Gusev is capable of playing the first line, and if the Devils get to camp and it's clear that Boqvist oughta get top-6 minutes, Palmieri is an attractive player that can net 30 goals, with a relatively cheap cap hit. 

Just thinking out loud. 

i really wouldn't trade him as he's one of our "known asset" and he's from jersey. Also one of our only forward who we know for sure can snipe the puck. Now with a better center and that he wont have to be the one in front of the net i expect he'll do even better now

there's tons of potential but a lot of our guys still have to prove themselves. And with both of our goalies being part of that... its making me a bit nervous

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Makes me kind of wonder if Palmieri might be traded to address the lack of talent on the left side of our defense. Gusev is capable of playing the first line, and if the Devils get to camp and it's clear that Boqvist oughta get top-6 minutes, Palmieri is an attractive player that can net 30 goals, with a relatively cheap cap hit. 

Just thinking out loud. 

We really can't trade Palmieri. We need his goals. Gusev is primarily a passer and a really good one at that...not that he can't shoot, but that it's not his game. He's a very high skill player who tends to dish the puck. As much as I like Gusev, we also can't get ahead of ourselves with him. He projects to be a Top-6 forward - as to whether he can be a stand out top line player, well...that is yet to be seen and probably above his expected ceiling as of right now. He has work to do to improve his defensive play and I'll wait to see if his skating can keep up - Hughes, Hall, Bratt, Boqvist, and Hischier are all better/faster skaters from the looks of it.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 2