Gusev to the Devils CONFIRMED

Neb00rs

42 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Weird...so like...we should win games and stuff now. The arena should have full seats too.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say we have our largest avg attendance since moving to the Pru. Half the games should be sellouts given the weekend-friendly schedule, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Do you think Gusev speaks better English than Yakovalev? Otherwise...utohhhh....

Speaking of Yak, he gave the move 4 thumbs up on the Devils’ Instagram post.

I’m glad he isn’t holding a grudge by still “following” the team, and also good to know he approves as well haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So maybe now some of the louder complainers will FINALLY realize that July 1 or 2 are not THE drop-dead dates to make moves to improve your team?

If Hall did decide not to sign at this point, I don’t put it on Shero at all.  Shero’s clearly worked to improve the team and done so intelligently.  

That being said, I haven’t wavered on this at all...I still think this gets done.  

Exactly. If he farted in a jar like last off-season, I would understand Hall not wanting to sign. But now we’ve improved enough that if all the BS about seeing the team’s direction was true, he should be on board. 

Really needed this on the sports front. My NFL team is off to a terrible start with our best player (AJ Green) getting injured in TC. Glad the Devils keep giving me reasons to be excited for the Fall though. That Ray Shero really seems to know what he’s doing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Really needed this on the sports front. My NFL team is off to a terrible start with our best player (AJ Green) getting injured in TC. Glad the Devils keep giving me reasons to be excited for the Fall though. That Ray Shero really seems to know what he’s doing. 

Hold my beer, because my team just fired its o-line coach after four practices lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Speaking of Yak, he gave the move 4 thumbs up on the Devils’ Instagram post.

I’m glad he isn’t holding a grudge by still “following” the team, and also good to know he approves as well haha

Isn’t that like a guy who keeps following his ex just so he can see who she’s fvcking now?

Did I do that right @SterioDesign?

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Could’ve been a team in Vegas’ division. 

According to Jessie Granger, it was the Columbus Blue Jackets. They may very well have offered a 2nd and a 4th and weren't willing to budge on that.

It's also most likely that Gusev preferred NJ over Columbus. Remember he had leverage, he could have stayed in Russia.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

According to Jessie Granger, it was the Columbus Blue Jackets. They may very well have offered a 2nd and a 4th and weren't willing to budge on that.

It's also most likely that Gusev preferred NJ over Columbus. Remember he had leverage, he could have stayed in Russia.

Well that’s even better- we got our guy, and kept a division rival from getting him.  

7FA92DD3-2F7C-4213-A1B3-4D2637844A44.jpeg

• Like 1

Couldn't be more thrilled with this move. This whole offseason changed the entire face of the franchise with the coming of Hughes and Shero has bolstered that in a major way with Subban and now Gusev. This shows Hall that the franchise is ready to do anything and everything to compete for a Cup, it shows that Shero is willing to go the extra mile if need be and is leaving no stone unturned in his efforts to improve the Devils. We're putting together a fast, competitive, exciting team that isn't afraid to grab headlines, and isn't afraid to take chances bringing in elite offensive talent.

If everyone stays healthy we should have a top 10 offense next season. And we should be a legit Cup contender by 2020-2021

Edited by '7'
  • Like 5

58 minutes ago, '7' said:

Couldn't be more thrilled with this move. This whole offseason changed the entire face of the franchise with the coming of Hughes and Shero has bolstered that in a major way with Subban and now Gusev. This shows Hall that the franchise is ready to do anything and everything to compete for a Cup, it shows that Shero is willing to go the extra mile if need be and is leaving no stone unturned in his efforts to improve the Devils. We're putting together a fast, competitive, exciting team that isn't afraid to grab headlines, and isn't afraid to take chances bringing in elite offensive talent.

If everyone stays healthy we should have a top 10 offense next season. And we should be a legit Cup contender by 2020-2021

Shero was always willing to go the extra mile...he was just sticking to his plan, and refusing to throw away money and cap space on iffy UFA signings for the sake of doing so.  Whenever you feel like you’re doubting him, go back and take a look at the mess he inherited at both the NHL and AHL levels.  Sure, the team has only made the playoffs once since Shero took over, and yeah, winning the lottery twice makes for some serious luck...but what a job he has done here to date.  

Oh, and DD56 nailed it in a previous post...Shero really knows how to turn 2nd and 3rd rounders into NHL bodies...yes, the results have been mixed (a shame that it never quite happened for MoJo here), but I love the MO.

• Like 4