Shattenkirk back on the market I guess

AEWHistory

23 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Its just a part of hockey though. I know a few guys did it for us back in the day. I remember the NHLPA being really mad at McKay and Brodeur for signing below market value. McKays was after that 20 goal season I think. CR1976 probably remembers better than me though. 

Who knows who many guys have done it for Shero?

It was Stevens and Brodeur. The NHLPA was pissed at the both of them. They said they wanted to win........... that they did.

• Like 1

According to Marty’s book, he said he heard grumblings about not trying to get enough and how that might affect other players, but never once did anyone have the balls to say anything to his face about it.  So as far as he was concerned, he didn’t care.  

4 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I said somewhere at some point not to worry about him once he signed with the rags. This is the inevitable outcome of any big time rangers signing. People act like the sky is falling when they land these guys, and it never is. 

At some point that will change though. We’re living in a world where the Caps and Blues just won Stanley Cups.

I just hope they didn’t finally hit on Panarin...

30 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

At some point that will change though. We’re living in a world where the Caps and Blues just won Stanley Cups.

I just hope they didn’t finally hit on Panarin...

i feel like its almost impossible that Panarin will suddenly go bad. Unless Putin kneecaps him or he spends too much time in clubs, either of which are possible. 

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

i feel like its almost impossible that Panarin will suddenly go bad. Unless Putin kneecaps him or he spends too much time in clubs, either of which are possible. 

Yeah its going to come down to how he balances the nightlife and all the pressure that they will probably be putting on him

Edited by Devil Dan 56

7 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yeah its going to come down to how he balances the nightlife and all the pressure that they will probably be putting on him

And what kind of players they put around him. They’re pretty thin at center atm. 

On 8/2/2019 at 8:11 PM, Nicomo said:

And what kind of players they put around him. They’re pretty thin at center atm. 

This has been the problem with the Rangers...they tend to get top-heavy with salaries and/or big names, while still being too flawed in other areas.

To Shero’s credit, he’s tried to keep as much payroll flexibility as possible throughout this process, and thanks to some contracts soon-to-expire, he should still have a little...not tons, but definitely some.  But unless your farm is so stocked that you can either deal off or simply let soon-to-get-huge-raises guys walk for nothing, it’s so hard not to be up against the cap eventually.  

I so wish the Rangers were more screwed long-term...buying out Shattenkirk does hurt them in 2020-21 at least.  $6,083,333 cap hit that year, in dead Shatty money (though in actual dollars, it’s much less...Rangers aren’t paying anywhere near that)...and almost $7.5 million total in dead cap space total in 2020-21 for them total.  Ouch.

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This has been the problem with the Rangers...they tend to get top-heavy with salaries and/or big names, while still being too flawed in other areas.

To Shero’s credit, he’s tried to keep as much payroll flexibility as possible throughout this process, and thanks to some contracts soon-to-expire, he should still have a little...not tons, but definitely some.  But unless your farm is so stocked that you can either deal off or simply let soon-to-get-huge-raises guys walk for nothing, it’s so hard not to be up against the cap eventually.  

I so wish the Rangers were more screwed long-term...buying out Shattenkirk does hurt them in 2020-21 at least.  $6,083,333 cap hit that year, in dead Shatty money (though in actual dollars, it’s much less...Rangers aren’t paying anywhere near that)...and almost $7.5 million total in dead cap space total in 2020-21 for them total.  Ouch.

It is HILARIOUS. It is almost like ownership is just telling the front office to constantly drum up good press for the team to make sure they continue to sell tickets on the backs of these free agent signings rather than actually focusing on building a winning team first. Almost every year is supposed to be their year because *insert star player that has joined the Rangers* and it never happens.

On 8/2/2019 at 8:11 PM, Nicomo said:

Seriously, I can't believe the center depth they're rolling out at the start of the season. I like Zibanejad, always have, but he's a 2C on a contending team. After that, it's Ryan Strome, and Lias Andersson...

53 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Signs with the Bolts, 1 year - $1.75m

Not surprised he only got a year, but thought he might get a little more.  As far as a what-the-hell signing goes, not too bad.