Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AEWHistory

Shattenkirk back on the market I guess

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Does Shattenkirk get paid the full value of both contracts?  Or do the Rangers pay only the difference?

If I understand how I read it, he gets 2/3 of the rest of the Ranger contract since it was a buyout. Someone else may have some better info on that

The Tampa contract is separate so he gets all of that. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That twitter handle though...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neb00rs said:

Image result for tear gif

I'm sure he was pissed, but c'mon, not like he gave the Rangers any reason to want to hang onto him...the fact they were willing to buy him out AND deal with a brutal cap hit in 2020-21 really says it all.  I'm sure THEY were pissed that Shattenkirk didn't work out nearly as well as they hoped.  But not like he walked away empty-handed.  And he's already getting another shot.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm sure he was pissed, but c'mon, not like he gave the Rangers any reason to want to hang onto him...the fact they were willing to buy him out AND deal with a brutal cap hit in 2020-21 really says it all.  I'm sure THEY were pissed that Shattenkirk didn't work out nearly as well as they hoped.  But not like he walked away empty-handed.  And he's already getting another shot.   

Yes, but his poor little dreams are crushed! Guess playing for your childhood team in the middle of a rebuild is better than playing for a legit contender in a pretty nice place like TB...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nicomo said:

Yes, but his poor little dreams are crushed! Guess playing for your childhood team in the middle of a rebuild is better than playing for a legit contender in a pretty nice place like TB...

The one thing I'll say for some of these guys is that they really do want to stick around and prove to the franchise that they're not done...they want to rise up to the challenge of showing that they can work out as expected.  And that probably goes double if you're playing for your "dream team".  But at the same time, when you're as underwhelming as Shattenkirk was in his two seasons (regardless of the circumstances), fine, be pissed, but can you really be all that surprised?  On some level he had to know that the Rangers dumping him had to be a very strong possibility (especially with cap space).   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

If I understand how I read it, he gets 2/3 of the rest of the Ranger contract since it was a buyout. Someone else may have some better info on that

The Tampa contract is separate so he gets all of that. 

Correct the buyout is not the full salary (2/3 because he’s over 26 years old), but that’s just because it’s a buyout, not because of the new deal with the Lightning. I should have been clearer on that. 

Edited by mfitz804

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.