Jump to content

2019 NFL Season General Discussion


Recommended Posts

Just now, '7' said:

Brutal loss for the Saints as Brees injures a ligament in his thumb and is out 6 weeks

Guess how many regular season games he's missed since the start of the 2005 season.

THREE...and never more than one in any given year.

Shame for the Saints and the NFL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn...nice job by the Colts organization to complete destroy a guy who might've been a H-O-Famer in a different situation.  As it is, guy retires before his 30th birthday.  Wow indeed...

Irsay is a worse owner than the Wilpons.  Was gifted the best QB prospect since John Elway and never bothered to get him decent offensive linemen until it was too late. 

Hall of Fame game was tonight. It always sort of sneaks up on you...but camps are open and the NFL season is underway All general NFL discussion about games, injuries, controversy etc. can go her

13 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Basically the only QB’s seemingly immune to the injury bug are Brady and Eli - who has his own issues and injuries galore around him.

Rivers too. I'm not so sure he ever gets that storybook finish to his career though at this point

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And when the Steelers come banging down the Dolphins door for Rosen, the Dolphins will be that much closer to having every single pick in the first round of the draft.

You're probably kidding, but no way the Steelers give up a first for Rosen...even if they're desperate.  They also have a 2018 3rd-rounder in Mason Rudolph, who will likely get a nice look now. 

0-2, no Big Ben, other issues...the Steelers may give up, without trying to make it obvious.  Not the players that they have of course...they'll still try.  But not sure that the front office will go out of its way to try to prop up what they have left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Daniel said:

Minkah for the Steelers first. Let this be Miami’s Tom Kurvers trade.

Damn, well done Dolphins!  How many first-rounders will they currently have in 2020? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Miami got the return they wanted. They are absolutely pulling no punches and all in on the tank/rebuild. Frankly I'm a bit surprised Pitt was so in on him considering they seem kind of down and out this year...but I guess they think he can be a lynchpin in that defense for the next decade or so. Still the fact that he wanted out so early in his career when he would've been a major part of the rebound tells you something about his personality. Minkah is not some 30+ year old on his last legs desperate for a Super Bowl shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, '7' said:

Miami got the return they wanted. They are absolutely pulling no punches and all in on the tank/rebuild. Frankly I'm a bit surprised Pitt was so in on him considering they seem kind of down and out this year...but I guess they think he can be a lynchpin in that defense for the next decade or so. Still the fact that he wanted out so early in his career when he would've been a major part of the rebound tells you something about his personality. Minkah is not some 30+ year old on his last legs desperate for a Super Bowl shot.

Don’t have a problem with Minkah’s actions, and I think he probably did us a favor in the long run.  He’s the type of player that fits into a defense that’s already good, not a team that has torn everything down.  I mean, there’s no way we draft a player like him in the first round, even if the Houston pick is in the 20s.  In the meantime, the return would go down the longer we waited.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, '7' said:

Giants going with Daniel Jones. Eli to the bench

Feels like it's time...more with Eli needing to be relieved, than anything else.  He had a hell of a career, really (his biggest sin was not being as good as the very best of his generation, but not too many QBs with two rings out there).  But there was just no hope with him as the Giants' QB...obviously plenty else has gone wrong there, but Eli just feels very stale at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Feels like it's time...more with Eli needing to be relieved, than anything else.  He had a hell of a career, really (his biggest sin was not being as good as the very best of his generation, but not too many QBs with two rings out there).  But there was just no hope with him as the Giants' QB...obviously plenty else has gone wrong there, but Eli just feels very stale at this point. 

There's nothing more for him to do with the Giants with where they are right now.  They're handing the keys to Daniel Jones with an awful team around him to take his lumps and learn. I'm not even so sure Gettleman and Shurmur will be there at seasons end. He should be traded out of that mess if they can. Maybe New Orleans?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, '7' said:

There's nothing more for him to do with the Giants with where they are right now.  They're handing the keys to Daniel Jones with an awful team around him to take his lumps and learn. I'm not even so sure Gettleman and Shurmur will be there at seasons end. He should be traded out of that mess if they can. Maybe New Orleans?

That would be kinda cool...following in dad's footsteps...just don't know how much Eli really has left.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pats do the right thing and move the hell on from Antonio Brown.  Hallelujah!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Brown thing spiraled out of control and is continuing to snowball, New England I believe felt like they could quell whatever was going on, get him on the straight and narrow and in time this stuff would blow over. The opposite happened. It never stopped being a distraction for them

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good riddance...hopefully we won't have to hear any more about this jackass at least until he goes to XFL2 or jail, whichever happens first.

And btw more lolz if this is true:

So he goes from $30 million guaranteed to less than $200k on one game check...I don't think an athlete's lost this much money due to their own actions since A-Rod's suspension.

Edited by NJDevs4978
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, '7' said:

The Brown thing spiraled out of control and is continuing to snowball, New England I believe felt like they could quell whatever was going on, get him on the straight and narrow and in time this stuff would blow over. The opposite happened. It never stopped being a distraction for them

I don’t think they knew how much nonsense he was up to.  Once it was confirmed that the intimidating texts were clearly sent by him, he was (rightly) toast.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Typical sloppy Thursday Night game. Jones got the Belichick treatment and made mistake after mistake...the Giants though did male a few plays and took advantage of some weird nonsensical playcalling by NE on 3rd down to stay within 7 points until pretty late until the damn burst. Giants D is just not good enough to win this game and Jones is a rookie who will make rookie mistakes. Expected outcome. NE themselves were not crisp and lost Chung and I think Gordon to injury. I don't think they were expecting to exert much effort tonight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Puppetricia:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/matt-patricia-roasted-after-lions-hit-with-ridiculous-penalty-that-allows-packers-to-score-td/ar-AAIM2E5?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Oh, and amazing how much better the NE defense has been in general since he left.  Too often they were the obstacle that had to be overcome when he was the Pats' DC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, '7' said:

If Mahomes is out for the season then you can just cancel AFC football for the rest of the season and have New England wait for their NFC Super Bowl opponent

NE isn't as indestructible as you might think...they're schedule has been beyond soft to date.  We're not learning that much about them right now.

But yeah, awful for the league if Mahomes misses significant time this year.  Not like this NFL season hasn't been brutal enough already. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.