Pru Center and Newark’s lead water crisis

DJ Eco

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

There’s no reason to skip the ice based on lead content, probably lol. 

There is plenty reason to not get ice otherwise, mostly because you get more beverage and you can keep it longer without it getting watered down. 

This thread, as they do, has taken several interesting turns. 

Right... I get the wasted space of ice...   but I was confused why skipping ice for lead, but downing lead soda was ok...

Since we're on this, I just order light ice.   Cause I want it ice cold... and not fountain "cold"; which is never actually all that cold.

1 hour ago, aylbert said:

Right... I get the wasted space of ice...   but I was confused why skipping ice for lead, but downing lead soda was ok...

Since we're on this, I just order light ice.   Cause I want it ice cold... and not fountain "cold"; which is never actually all that cold.

Disagree completely, especially at the Rock, “fountain cold” is plenty cold, at least cold enough to not get watered down with ice. 

But it’s a matter of preference, I guess. 

On 8/29/2019 at 11:04 AM, mfitz804 said:

spacer.png

Wait, is that before or after someone’s has used it? If it is after then that’s about what I’d expect, except the one on the right.   That dude needs to see a doctor, pronto.

Edited by AEWHistory

Well i have elevated lead blood levels from working as industrial painter around 25 ug/dl  , and so far i haven't turned into a Flyers or Rangers fan so my nervous system should be ok lol.

Lead tricks your system into thinking that lead is calcium,   so eating foods high in calcium is one way to keep you lead blood levels in check. 

Garlic is by far the best food to fight lead off it act as chelation agent...

• Like 1