NJDevs 2019-20 FHL - Dynamo Nation (redruM) Wins!

aylbert

10/1 excludes our 2x reigning champ...   so I'll accommodate there as well.
It will be nearly impossible to accommodate everyone... but I'm trying to find that sweet spot that works for most - while being completely blind to everyone's schedules.

Let's try the week prior.

Can anyone **NOT** do Tuesday 9/24  8:00 PM?

Edited by aylbert
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, aylbert said:

10/1 excludes are 2x reigning champ...   so I'll accommodate there as well.
It will be nearly impossible to accommodate everyone... but I'm trying to find that sweet spot that works for most - while being completely blind to everyone's schedules.

Let's try the week prior.

Can anyone **NOT** do Tuesday 9/24  8:00 PM?

Can confirm 9/24 @ 8:00 PM works for me.

Thanks for doing this - I know it's a PITA.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, redruM said:

Did you enter the draft order?

tried to offer a trade but would not let me

Yahoo doesn't allow offseason trades.
We allow offseason trades; you just need to do it offline and then I'll adjust the teams manually.

We have all the Yahoo team names and NJDevs user names listed in this thread; so it should be easy to contact them...  (or do it through the Yahoo app itself)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, devlman said:

Was anything decided on instituting PIMS? Asking so I can start planning draft strategy.

While there is noted hesitation, it doesn't seem to be a deal breaker for anybody.     As such, we're going to move forward with all changes as summarized in the original post, including the PIMs.
I think these changes, inclusive of PIMs, will allow for a more challenging and well rounded roster.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, redruM said:

Not even going to vote on it?

I completely understand the objection to PIMs, but here's why no vote:

I'm working to round out the league while keeping the impact of skaters and goaltenders the same (10:4)
I'm set on  removing Points... as it nerfs the value of play-makers and stops the double counting of the more easily obtained assist.     We largely all agree in principle on this.

The impact of just removing points though would be a shift in balance further to goaltending... 9:4
Goaltending is already a position in which 82 games far outweighs the 1476 of the skaters - which is valid, as problems in the net can sink an NHL teams season...  but I don't want it to become a league in which you get the best goalie, and middling stats elsewhere... and you win.    

At the same time, I don't want to diminish goaltending by dropping it to 3 slots or else the accumulation of stats by skaters becomes pretty insurmountable pretty early without any way to counter it (as you can with goaltending).   Also, it's easier to shift focus to PIMs to try to the move the needle a bit.   When things are tight, grind it out and get physical.  

Below are the only available category.   The only feasible alternative to add would be SOGs; but this rewards players MacKinnon, Kane, Ovechkin, Seguin, etc...  and the rich get richer.   It won't lead to expanding the draftable universe, just shuffle the top players around a bit.

image.thumb.png.f762b9443973d24eb5a1eab6a7d3ba06.png

Personally I’d prefer we vote on all changes but maybe that’s just me.

I do think we should vote on adding statistical categories considering we’ve already had 4 people voice that they are against 1 of them. If we lose in a vote then fine but I’d like to see that before just implementing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have two guys that I think some folks may be interested in before we lock keepers up next week:

Jake Guentzel, coming off a 40-goal season.  Ranked a top-40 player, probably projects to be a 3rd round pick in our league with keepers considered.  

Connor Hellebuyck, ranked the 7th best available goalie in our league after a down-ish year with the Jets.  Probably projects to be a... 4th to 6th round pick in our league?  Maybe earlier - always interesting to see when goalies start flying off the board.  I think  he's due for a bounce-back year - seems like a guarantee for 35+ wins if he stays healthy. 

Both can be had for picks, since my keepers are set.  Feel free to shoot me a message here or in FHL if interested.

Edited by Devilsfan118

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Well one down - trade to announce:

Zajac-ing Off (I'll update the name once the season starts, I promise :lol:) is sending Hellebuyck + 20th rounder to Miles Wood Fightclub for 6th rounder.

Wow what a steal for you. 

This is pending NQDevils approval.

It’s a rather significant price and likely an overpayment for an expiring asset...   The trade locks Hellebuyck in though as a 6th rounder and he does not have to spend a higher draft pick to secure him if there is a goalie run.

The 6th round positioning is not a terribly significant as he is on the back end of the 6th round from a keeper perspective.

Thus the trade, while steep, is justifiable and defendable...   just needs NQDevils to confirm the trade.

@Devilsfan118  - Unfortunately you do not have a 20th round to trade to @NQDevil
Your lowest pick is a 19th rounder  (254).  This has been used in lieu of your phantom 20th round pick previously traded.

I assumed the intention was to trade your lowest pick.   If this was not the case and you want the trade voided, please say so asap!

Edited by aylbert

CHANGE TO IR
We allow up to 5 IR players per roster.   This works well in the beginning of the season, but in the late season, players are slow to be added or simply never added to IR by NHL teams, and thus, Yahoo does not reflect them as IR'd- just DTD/OUT out for many games.

Yahoo supports an IR+ position as opposed to simply IR.     IR+ allows, in addition to your standard IR, players listed as Out or DTD.
This should help out in the last month or so of the league. 

While it's possible to stash players away, you lock your roster from add/drops movements since you are in non-compliance and will need to drop players (or do a x for 1 trade, etc) to get back to a legal roster.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aylbert said:

@devlman - Unfortunately you do not have a 20th round to trade to @NQDevil
Your lowest pick is a 19th rounder  (254).  This has been used in lieu of your phantom 20th round pick previously traded.

I assumed the intention was to trade your lowest pick.   If this was not the case and you want the trade voided, please say so asap!

Shoot you are correct - that's my bad.  Yeah go ahead and make it the 19th, sorry about that.  Should've verified before posting.

1 hour ago, aylbert said:

CHANGE TO IR
We allow up to 5 IR players per roster.   This works well in the beginning of the season, but in the late season, players are slow to be added or simply never added to IR by NHL teams, and thus, Yahoo does not reflect them as IR'd- just DTD/OUT out for many games.

Yahoo supports an IR+ position as opposed to simply IR.     IR+ allows, in addition to your standard IR, players listed as Out or DTD.
This should help out in the last month or so of the league. 

While it's possible to stash players away, you lock your roster from add/drops movements since you are in non-compliance and will need to drop players (or do a x for 1 trade, etc) to get back to a legal roster.

Big fan.  +1000.

Nothing more freakin' frustrating than having a player listed as "out" for months taking up a roster spot.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Big fan.  +1000.

Nothing more freakin' frustrating than having a player listed as "out" for months taking up a roster spot.

Agreed...  they added it to the football a few seasons ago.   I don't believe it was an option until recently (if not new this season).
The only concern is abusing the DTD/OUT to lock away players and rotate injuries more than we already do with IR players...   but we'll see how this plays out.

• Like 1