NJDevs 2019-20 FHL - Dynamo Nation (redruM) Wins!

aylbert

18 hours ago, aylbert said:

Selling in 3rd place?

Two major drivers:

1) I'm intentionally way over in games played - like way over - at all forward positions.  Hovering around 2nd/3rd is really an illusion imo

2) I have zero faith in my goaltenders to actually finish strong, which I'd need to even have a chance to stay where I'm at.

Anyone need some keep options? I feel like a have a good amount of good options (Zibanejad being the best one) that I won’t keep so I’m looking to see if anyone wants to make a good fantasy trade so I can keep competing this year and get value back for guys I won’t keep anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, krunko7 said:

Anyone need some keep options? I feel like a have a good amount of good options (Zibanejad being the best one) that I won’t keep so I’m looking to see if anyone wants to make a good fantasy trade so I can keep competing this year and get value back for guys I won’t keep anyway

Just a quick reminder, we allow offseason trading of potential keepers; so you can keep your players to compete this year, and offload them, before the next draft.    You'll get less value potentially though. 
(But Miles Wood Fight Club did trade a 6th last year for an expiring keeper in Hellebuyck and a 20th)

• Like 1

Just a quick reminder, we allow offseason trading of potential keepers; so you can keep your players to compete this year, and offload them, before the next draft.    You'll get less value potentially though. 
(But Miles Wood Fight Club did trade a 6th last year for an expiring keeper in Hellebuyck and a 20th)
That did turn out to be a great trade though!
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, NQDevil said:
On 1/31/2020 at 2:55 PM, aylbert said:

I’m happy it worked out for both!    I still contend  as a GM it was a high price to pay for an expiring contract, but certainly not an absurd price as the commish reviewing.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:30 PM, NQDevil said:
On 1/31/2020 at 2:55 PM, aylbert said:

Boy I'll tell ya what, did I guess wrong with Price vs. Hellebuyck, or what?  I thought the Habs would be the much better team this year.

Boy I'll tell ya what, did I guess wrong with Price vs. Hellebuyck, or what?  I thought the Habs would be the much better team this year.

Haha well I think it's fair to say all of us have been stung by expecting a certain team to be much better this year!

Also could be tempted to move keeper eligible Mark Stone for a first, if there's interest?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MantaRay said:

For verification purposes: how is a keeper defined. Asking for a friend

Any player drafted in round 6 or later.  Keepers from prior season can be kept as well (they are technically slotted in round 21-22-23)

While I’m not happy that I’m in second and still 20 points out, thank god this fantasy season is already over so we don’t see any dumb lopsided deadline deals where people who have no chance of winning give away top round picks to make a push.

Next year will be a nice reset where there wasn’t a ton of pick movement and the draft will be a normal draft for the league.

Dynamo doesn’t need to have 10 picks in the first 6 rounds to win but he did and that’s why he’s been in first by 20 points the entire season.

End rant. Sorry! Just frustrating having a good team and having no chance of winning. Just hoping for more parity and competition (and more of a chance!) next year!

Yeah, I think last year was one of the first where major picks moved around like crazy.  

I can't complain too much having had 5 picks in the first three rounds.  Just had bad luck and/or drafted poorly in those slots.

Rinne and Forsberg in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, respectively, has killed me.

Edited by Devilsfan118

12 hours ago, krunko7 said:

While I’m not happy that I’m in second and still 20 points out, thank god this fantasy season is already over so we don’t see any dumb lopsided deadline deals where people who have no chance of winning give away top round picks to make a push.

Next year will be a nice reset where there wasn’t a ton of pick movement and the draft will be a normal draft for the league.

Dynamo doesn’t need to have 10 picks in the first 6 rounds to win but he did and that’s why he’s been in first by 20 points the entire season.

End rant. Sorry! Just frustrating having a good team and having no chance of winning. Just hoping for more parity and competition (and more of a chance!) next year!

To be fair, he only had an extra 1st and 3rd.    We all have the ability to have top keepers or trade for them.

I have a few regrets this seasoning trying to push myself over the hump with no effect other than losing a 5th and Cale Makar for next seaosn.  Ouch
I'm hopeful I can recoup some value back pre-draft though.

Traditionally, I've always had a top tier scoring team; taking away Points and adding PIMs hurt my team construction a lot.    I've always been bad at keeping my hits/blocks up, but this year has to be my worst to date.   I finally have my goalies back, so will pick it up in the saves and wins department...  but there isn't a lot of meat on the bone there.
image.thumb.png.4eaaf17078090a989845fec9ef2c9da6.png

I'll spend the early offseason figuring out ways to change things up without a hard reset.  I'm really hoping for more options from Yahoo one of these years. 
This has been brought up in the past, but ideally, a roto regular season to seed everybody into a 3 week/round H2H playoff would be best of both worlds. 

Let’s just put this out there, my drafting was phenomenal! My 1st 10 picks ( 8 rounds) all pretty much hit
Debrusk was my 9 th round pick and the highest pick not on my team & my 14th, 15th & 17th picks played well above their draft positions!
I think I still have 18 ( including keepers) of my original 23,

1 hour ago, redruM said:

Let’s just put this out there, my drafting was phenomenal! My 1st 10 picks ( 8 rounds) all pretty much hit
Debrusk was my 9 th round pick and the highest pick not on my team & my 14th, 15th & 17th picks played well above their draft positions!
I think I still have 18 ( including keepers) of my original 23,

I should have kept my late Rangers picks   (Ryan Strome in the 17th, Tony DeAngelo in the 19th).   My draft this year wasn't super-strong.    I struggle in the middle of drafts, but I tend to do better later in the draft though most years.
I am absolutely boosted by my keepers though.  I believe I officially unseated Zamboni Warriors this season with keeper depth and his ridiculous Matthews/MacKinnon/Zibanejad trio  with my Draisaitl/Eichel/Aho trio.  Eichel officially has arrived. 

I would be far better next year with Cale Makar as my #4 keeper, but we'll see what magic I can do pre-draft.   I don't think there are any buyers currently.

Truly a weird season for me. I actually love my team and would draft pretty much the same way if I had to do it again. Yet, for some reason, my team just cannot gain much traction and has just sat mid-table the entire season. So bizarre the lack of movement this year.