2019 Prospect Challenge @ Buffalo

Crisis

The first taste of Devils hockey is tonight!  Streams for the games should be on the team website.

Here’s the full schedule:

Friday, Sept. 6

Pittsburgh vs. Boston, 3:30 p.m.

Buffalo vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Sept. 7

New Jersey vs. Pittsburgh, 3:30 p.m.

Buffalo vs. Boston, 7 p.m.

Monday, Sept. 9

Boston vs. New Jersey, 9:30 a.m.

Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh, 12:30 p.m.

And the roster:

Forwards (15): Joey Anderson, Nathan Bastian, Jesper Boqvist, Graeme Clarke, Brandon Gignac, Mitchell Hoelscher, Jack Hughes, Ludvig Larson, Mikhail Maltsev, Michael McLeod, Nikita Popugaev, Yegor Sharangovich, Blake Speers, Martian Studenic, and Fabian Zetterlund

Defensemen (9): Xavier Bernard, Nicolas Canade, Jeremy Groleau, Noah King, Nikita Okhotyuk, Colby Sissons, Ty Smith, Michael Vukojevic, and Colton White

Goaltenders (3): Evan Cormier, Akira Schmid, Gilles Senn

Interesting that they have Smith on the right. I assumed he’d be playing on the left side. I mean I know he’s supposed to be able to play both sides, and this could just be for this game, but I thought it would be best for the rookie to get acclimated to the side he’ll be playing on with the big club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerzey said:

Interesting that they have Smith on the right. I assumed he’d be playing on the left side. I mean I know he’s supposed to be able to play both sides, and this could just be for this game, but I thought it would be best for the rookie to get acclimated to the side he’ll be playing on with the big club. 

You know there is not one right handed D man at this camp.

10 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Figures, blacked out in my area? I live in Va. Can any of you guys watching give us a lil P x P? 

Got this from another site- it works-easy to do if you REALLY want to watch-here's a built-in VPN if you use the Opera browser (you have to enable it from the settings). Seems to be working fine.

Devils trail 3-0 after one.  Had some moments, but in general was a tough period.  Hughes can skate.  

• Confused 1

Ray was just on with Matt in the intermission...basically said that everything has gone according to plan with Hall...the gist of it what he said came down to seeing how healthy Taylor is before making a huge commitment.  Makes sense.  Said he and Hall’s agent would be talking soon, and that he was looking forward to seeing Hall shortly.  Made it sound like all parties have been on the same page all along.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Devils trail 3-0 after one.  Had some moments, but in general was a tough period.  Hughes can skate.  

Wonder if they'll let Senn play whole game? Or bring Schmidt in  halfway thru 2nd?

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Ray was just on with Matt in the intermission...basically said that everything has gone according to plan with Hall...the gist of it what he said came down to seeing how healthy Taylor is before making a huge commitment.  Makes sense.  Said he and Hall’s agent would be talking soon, and that he was looking forward to seeing Hall shortly.  Made it sound like all parties have been on the same page all along.

I didn't take it that way at all, unless you are saying Ray recognized that Taylor is setting this initial timeline. Ray has zero leverage and he is at the mercy of what Taylor ultimately decides what he wants to do. Taylor is just gonna come out and tow the line during the pre-season and say he is focused on winning now and not  thinking about the future. At some point Ray will have to give him an ultimatum. Ray just needs to decide when that will be...my guess is the  late December or January  and possibly at the trade deadline if Shero gets no solid offers. I would move him in October if a nice deal materializes, which probably won't happen. Although with all these RFA's out there..it makes it interesting.,