Jump to content
Crisis

2019 Prospect Challenge @ Buffalo

Recommended Posts

The first taste of Devils hockey is tonight!  Streams for the games should be on the team website.

Here’s the full schedule:

Friday, Sept. 6

Pittsburgh vs. Boston, 3:30 p.m.

Buffalo vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Sept. 7

New Jersey vs. Pittsburgh, 3:30 p.m.

Buffalo vs. Boston, 7 p.m.

Monday, Sept. 9

Boston vs. New Jersey, 9:30 a.m.

Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh, 12:30 p.m.

And the roster:

Forwards (15): Joey Anderson, Nathan Bastian, Jesper Boqvist, Graeme Clarke, Brandon Gignac, Mitchell Hoelscher, Jack Hughes, Ludvig Larson, Mikhail Maltsev, Michael McLeod, Nikita Popugaev, Yegor Sharangovich, Blake Speers, Martian Studenic, and Fabian Zetterlund

Defensemen (9): Xavier Bernard, Nicolas Canade, Jeremy Groleau, Noah King, Nikita Okhotyuk, Colby Sissons, Ty Smith, Michael Vukojevic, and Colton White

Goaltenders (3): Evan Cormier, Akira Schmid, Gilles Senn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know -- I thought Okhotyuk was rrrreeeally bad nick name some one came up with for laughs.  Glad to know he's a real person.

 

$h*t sonofab --- I think this whole getting rid of the Stevens thread was a bad idea....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that they have Smith on the right. I assumed he’d be playing on the left side. I mean I know he’s supposed to be able to play both sides, and this could just be for this game, but I thought it would be best for the rookie to get acclimated to the side he’ll be playing on with the big club. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

At least we get to watch it but oof that quality is like 2007 levels of bad.

Does anyone have a stream...I am outside the Devils viewing area and I guess it is blacked out??? So weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Figures, blacked out in my area? I live in Va. Can any of you guys watching give us a lil P x P? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jerzey said:

Interesting that they have Smith on the right. I assumed he’d be playing on the left side. I mean I know he’s supposed to be able to play both sides, and this could just be for this game, but I thought it would be best for the rookie to get acclimated to the side he’ll be playing on with the big club. 

You know there is not one right handed D man at this camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank goodness for VPNs.

The blackout rules are ridiculous.  Who do they benefit anyway?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Figures, blacked out in my area? I live in Va. Can any of you guys watching give us a lil P x P? 

Got this from another site- it works-easy to do if you REALLY want to watch-here's a built-in VPN if you use the Opera browser (you have to enable it from the settings). Seems to be working fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sammyk said:

Thank goodness for VPNs.

The blackout rules are ridiculous.  Who do they benefit anyway?

Yep, I'm going the VPN route. It's just a prospects game so why they black it out in some regions is just plain dumb.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This stream is virtually unwatchable quality wise.... It's pretty sad that they can't produce a decent stream yet there are thousands of youtubers and other live streamers can stream perfect quality videos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Devils trail 3-0 after one.  Had some moments, but in general was a tough period.  Hughes can skate.  

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ray was just on with Matt in the intermission...basically said that everything has gone according to plan with Hall...the gist of it what he said came down to seeing how healthy Taylor is before making a huge commitment.  Makes sense.  Said he and Hall’s agent would be talking soon, and that he was looking forward to seeing Hall shortly.  Made it sound like all parties have been on the same page all along.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Devils trail 3-0 after one.  Had some moments, but in general was a tough period.  Hughes can skate.  

Wonder if they'll let Senn play whole game? Or bring Schmidt in  halfway thru 2nd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In b4 Devils Twitter declares Hughes a bust.

Or am I already too late?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Ray was just on with Matt in the intermission...basically said that everything has gone according to plan with Hall...the gist of it what he said came down to seeing how healthy Taylor is before making a huge commitment.  Makes sense.  Said he and Hall’s agent would be talking soon, and that he was looking forward to seeing Hall shortly.  Made it sound like all parties have been on the same page all along.

I didn't take it that way at all, unless you are saying Ray recognized that Taylor is setting this initial timeline. Ray has zero leverage and he is at the mercy of what Taylor ultimately decides what he wants to do. Taylor is just gonna come out and tow the line during the pre-season and say he is focused on winning now and not  thinking about the future. At some point Ray will have to give him an ultimatum. Ray just needs to decide when that will be...my guess is the  late December or January  and possibly at the trade deadline if Shero gets no solid offers. I would move him in October if a nice deal materializes, which probably won't happen. Although with all these RFA's out there..it makes it interesting.,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.