2019-2020 Training Camp Roster

Devil Dan 56

20 minutes ago, titans04 said:

in regards to TY and others anybody else find it beyond alarming when a coach says they need to see more urgency in their games? I mean that should be the last thing that's missing for guys trying to make it at this level, no?

Smith is the kind of kid that leads and does so by example. He his own toughest critic and put too much pressure on himself this camp. He's overthinking, not being lazy. 

30 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Smith is the kind of kid that leads and does so by example. He his own toughest critic and put too much pressure on himself this camp. He's overthinking, not being lazy. 

Yeah this. Its amazing that a 19 year old having a rough camp is immediately labeled lazy or unmotivated. Like you said, he probably came into camp putting a ton of pressure on himself and isn't just playing his game. 

There used to be a guy (from old AOL chat rooms) names Kyydax. I think he was ousted from here. He was a Marty hater & a HeartlessMeyer  (Niedemayer) thinking Needs played with no heart. Just out for a Sunday stroll.  This wouldn't be Ty Smith for sure.

5 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

There used to be a guy (from old AOL chat rooms) names Kyydax. I think he was ousted from here. He was a Marty hater & a HeartlessMeyer  (Niedemayer) thinking Needs played with no heart. Just out for a Sunday stroll.  This wouldn't be Ty Smith for sure.

Strolled all the way to the Hall of Fame, that was a pretty nice stroll. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Crazy hearing someone describe Scott like that. Now Rob on the other hand .... his time with NJ still makes me get all stabby. He and Rolston on the ice together was a special level of infuriating 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Crazy hearing someone describe Scott like that. Now Rob on the other hand .... his time with NJ still makes me get all stabby. He and Rolston on the ice together was a special level of infuriating 

I remember back I believe early in the 11-12 season I sat in sec 232 for a game.  During the game an announcement was made to promote Nied's jersey retirement in December.  When the announcement was made there was a guy who was wearing a Crazies jersey who kept shouting "traitor!" throughout the promo.

So yeah, there are idiots like that but thankfully they are a small minority.

16 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I remember back I believe early in the 11-12 season I sat in sec 232 for a game.  During the game an announcement was made to promote Nied's jersey retirement in December.  When the announcement was made there was a guy who was wearing a Crazies jersey who kept shouting "traitor!" throughout the promo.

Those people are wacky. I remember listening to NJ 101.5 on my way home one night and that guy Steve Travallise that comes on later said as a fan he wouldn't accept an autograph of a player that did not play for his team. They take sh!t to a whole different level. 

12 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

As we know, sometimes Devils fans are pure mutants.  And some mutants are Crazies.  Never liked those guys. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Those people are wacky. I remember listening to NJ 101.5 on my way home one night and that guy Steve Travallise that comes on later said as a fan he wouldn't accept an autograph of a player that did not play for his team. They take sh!t to a whole different level. 

Not surprising for Steve.  He is the worst one on that station's lineup.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

I agree, except for Denis and Judy. 

I actually don't mind them.  Dennis takes shots at NJ Devils here and there, but he grew up a Flyers fan so there is that.  He never goes overboard with it too.

FWIW, I miss Casey and Rossi.  I remember when they got canned (well just Casey technically) in 2011 and Casey went on social media all pissed off about it.

18 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I actually don't mind them.  Dennis takes shots at NJ Devils here and there, but he grew up a Flyers fan so there is that.  He never goes overboard with it too.

FWIW, I miss Casey and Rossi.  I remember when they got canned (well just Casey technically) in 2011 and Casey went on social media all pissed off about it.

I'm not the type to get offended at things, but if you're going to be offensive at least be funny.

Dennis and Judy say some tactless stuff that I think falls well short of "comedy".

15 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Sadly, these idiots often create the perception of most Devils fans feel the same way. People booed Gionta when he came back from Montreal, people booed Paul Martin when he came back here from Pens. Lou refused to pay what they could get when it was their time UFA,  Well that's ok, but you should always sign with the Devils for far less (which was Lou's choice) Lou let them walk, blame Lou, not the player. I had no problem letting them walk. Like Gomer, if someone is willing to pay you more than your supposed worth,  so long.

56 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Sadly, these idiots often create the perception of most Devils fans feel the same way. People booed Gionta when he came back from Montreal, people booed Paul Martin when he came back here from Pens. Lou refused to pay what they could get when it was their time UFA,  Well that's ok, but you should always sign with the Devils for far less (which was Lou's choice) Lou let them walk, blame Lou, not the player. I had no problem letting them walk. Like Gomer, if someone is willing to pay you more than your supposed worth,  so long.

I don't remember Gionta and Martin getting booed. Don't really think many cared that they left, especially Martin even though I always liked him. 

If they did they certainly didn't get booed to the extent that Gomez, Holik, Nieds, Parise and Kovy did. 

54 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't remember Gionta and Martin getting booed. Don't really think many cared that they left, especially Martin even though I always liked him. 

If they did they certainly didn't get booed to the extent that Gomez, Holik, Nieds, Parise and Kovy did. 

I'm pretty sure I was at Gio's first game back and not only did he not get booed, he got some cheers. And Martin leaving was kinda meh. He was hurt a lot at the end of his run here (part of why he left) so I don't think he was looked at like a traitor or anything. 

• Like 1

Wait, so Ty Smith really isn't making the team this year?  Wow, that's majorly disappointing.  I don't feel quite as good about our D now.  Subban definitely helps a ton, but we need to make sure Butcher, Severson, and Vatanen have good years, because Greene is most likely only going to continue to decline, and whoever ends up being the 6th is going to be a wildcard (Carrick, Mueller, etc)

8 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Wait, so Ty Smith really isn't making the team this year?  Wow, that's majorly disappointing.  I don't feel quite as good about our D now.  Subban definitely helps a ton, but we need to make sure Butcher, Severson, and Vatanen have good years, because Greene is most likely only going to continue to decline, and whoever ends up being the 6th is going to be a wildcard (Carrick, Mueller, etc)

I don't think it is confirmed yet. If it is I haven't seen anything official.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't think Smith not making it is official. He's got a couple of games to plead his case and possibly 9 in the regular season. 

I also think Greene is perfectly fine in a more limited role. It looked to me like they were getting Butcher ready to take that Greene role last year. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I also think Greene is perfectly fine in a more limited role. It looked to me like they were getting Butcher ready to take that Greene role last year. 

Yup, Greene is relegated to being a shock absorber, blocking as many shots as he possibly can. 

You do need a guy like that.