2019-2020 Training Camp Roster

8 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Wait, so Ty Smith really isn't making the team this year?  Wow, that's majorly disappointing.  I don't feel quite as good about our D now.  Subban definitely helps a ton, but we need to make sure Butcher, Severson, and Vatanen have good years, because Greene is most likely only going to continue to decline, and whoever ends up being the 6th is going to be a wildcard (Carrick, Mueller, etc)

I don't think it is confirmed yet. If it is I haven't seen anything official.

• Like 1
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calling it now that Ty Smith will actually be a somewhat important part of the Devils playoffs this year - similar to Cale Makar last year for the Avs. How's that for the bright side of things?

As far as I’m concerned, to play in this league as an 18-19 year old, it’s not enough to be average, you have to be phenomenal. You have to come into camp knowing that you are not guaranteed a spot, a

Based on what we saw today in the scrimmage and practice sessions, this seems like what the coaching staff is looking at for the start of the regular season, or close to it: Hall - Hischier - Pal

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Wait, so Ty Smith really isn't making the team this year?  Wow, that's majorly disappointing.  I don't feel quite as good about our D now.  Subban definitely helps a ton, but we need to make sure Butcher, Severson, and Vatanen have good years, because Greene is most likely only going to continue to decline, and whoever ends up being the 6th is going to be a wildcard (Carrick, Mueller, etc)

I don't think Smith not making it is official. He's got a couple of games to plead his case and possibly 9 in the regular season. 

I also think Greene is perfectly fine in a more limited role. It looked to me like they were getting Butcher ready to take that Greene role last year. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I also think Greene is perfectly fine in a more limited role. It looked to me like they were getting Butcher ready to take that Greene role last year. 

Yup, Greene is relegated to being a shock absorber, blocking as many shots as he possibly can. 

You do need a guy like that. 

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

I hope we get to see Jesper/Zacha/Jesper line. Bratt lifted Zacha's offensive game last season. Imagine 2 Jespers!!!

The Court Jespers line.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Nuh-nuh-nuh-Nico and the Jesps. 

Alright. I'll see myself out. 

You won this round for sure. 

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Having Greene in the background 

I know, I was doing a call back to the spelling error from last game. 

35 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Nuh-nuh-nuh-Nico and the Jesps. 

Alright. I'll see myself out. 

WINNER

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was told why I was wrong the last time, but I'm annoyed again that the game is not being televised. We're getting deeper in the post-season, cuts have been made, and the teams are more resembling NHL teams.

I want to see if Hughes can keep scoring. 

Anyone who is a fan should be interested in watching. But I get that's not the case. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I was told why I was wrong the last time, but I'm annoyed again that the game is not being televised. We're getting deeper in the post-season, cuts have been made, and the teams are more resembling NHL teams.

Anyone who is a fan should be interested in watching. But I get that's not the case. 

Agreed, but they are making an effort to get it to you by streaming the Boston feed on NJD.tv ow whatever it's called.  It doesn't sound like it will be a jumbotron feed either.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I actually get NESN because I have Directv, but the a$$hole NHL will probably black it out, because reasons.