2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

With training camps officially going across the league, felt like a good time to get this up. Welcome back, hockey, I missed you so much.

So, there's a few outlets that are reporting the Marner saga is picking up some traction towards a solution. Nothing imminent, but they're progressing. Super interested to see how this all ends since it has so much implications for RFAs across the league:

Some of the stuff thrown around lately has been absurd, despite how good Marner is. $9.5M x 3 years totally defeats the purpose of a bridge, and he reportedly declined the Tavares contract back in July.

• Like 2

Just like with the Hall situation, I'm ready for this crap to be over, too.  Too many people using Marner as the RFA drain plug and all the "he's the first domino" is just annoying at this point. As will all the "will he/won't he?" questions that will follow the team/Hall, from a fan perspective.

35 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Big Buff apparently contemplating retirement.  I think he'd be leaving a hell of a lot of money on the table.

I doubt the Jets want to lose him, but it would solve their cap problems as far as getting one/both of Laine and/or Connor signed.

I haven't paid much attention to him, so I looked up his stats. I did not realize he's been in the league as long as he has, time flies. 

Also, his last two seasons pretty much demonstrate he may be done. Obviously the Jets are totally on board. 

12 hours ago, titans04 said:

looks like our boy Gabriel may have suffered a bad leg injury vs the Islanders. Hopefully he's ok. Once we know if he's ok I can try and find the video of him trying  get himself up by leaning on his stick which snapped  and he crumbled again.

I didn't see it, but I am picturing he did it to himself somehow.

Still sucks and never want to see a player hurt, no matter how much I dislike him.

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

More rule changes

Gotta give a penalty if the goalie doesn't play the puck on those dump-ins to keep the game going...btw here are additional opportunities for coaches to challenge sh!t.  What the fvck are they doing? fvck coaches challenges...and that is completely counterproductive to keeping the game moving.