2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

33 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Kevin Cheveldayoff: (Thinking to himself) "Man, thank god that whole situation with Trouba is done.  He wanted out and we lost one of our best defenders, but we still have Big Buff leading our defense on our push for the cup this year!"

Byfuglien: " Hey Kevin, can I have a word with you...."

KC: "Oh $&^#"

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Kevin Cheveldayoff: (Thinking to himself) "Man, thank god that whole situation with Trouba is done.  He wanted out and we lost one of our best defenders, but we still have Big Buff leading our defense on our push for the cup this year!"

Byfuglien: " Hey Kevin, can I have a word with you...."

KC: "Oh $&^#"

If he was surprised by that, he didn’t watch the last 2 seasons, 

2 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

🐸

Ok, what does this mean?  

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Someone tell me so I can expand my meme base while also impressing my 12 year old.

I had to look this sh!t up.

Apparently, it indicates sarcasm and “But that’s none of my business” without having to make a meme.  For real.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, Nicomo said:

I had to look it up, apparently - but it’s none of my business 

i don’t really get the context...

I get the “But it’s none of my business”, as far as Kovy’s latest issues go.

But a frog drinking tea?!  Yeah not making the connection there.

Just now, Rob_Ottawa said:

Seems like a reasonable deal.

Now why couldn't they do that with Karlsson? Or Stone?

Perplexing how they keep changing how they run things

In Karlsson's case, not an apples-to-apples comparison.  Chabot is much younger and if all goes well, Sens figure to get almost all prime seasons at a reasonable rate as that contract ages.  Karlsson's current deal runs through his late 30s and is at a considerably higher hit.

And technically, if you DO compare apples-to-apples, the Sens DID do that with Karlsson.  When Karlsson was also a young player coming off his ELC years, he was signed to a 7-year-deal worth $45.5 million ($6.5 cap hit each season...first year in 2012-13 was pro-rated due to the lockout), that basically figured to buy up most of Karlsson's best prime seasons. 

• Like 1

Looking at a lot of the names clearing waivers today and seeing a good number of former Devils “prospects” or former guys from the organization (Reece Scarlett, being one, Nick Lappin). Man Ray has made this team come a long way.

Also, Corey Conacher was waived today. And to think, Tampa traded him to Ottawa for Bishop years ago 

• Like 2

This might just be an administrative move to open up a roster spot and clear the money. They seemed fine with letting him make a decision. They must be ecstatic considering the contracts they still need to finish
At the cost of their top D man after what they lost this summer? I don't know if I agree. I feel like this also gives leverage to the RFAs knowing there would be more money to be had.

1 hour ago, Crisis said:
6 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:
This might just be an administrative move to open up a roster spot and clear the money. They seemed fine with letting him make a decision. They must be ecstatic considering the contracts they still need to finish

At the cost of their top D man after what they lost this summer? I don't know if I agree. I feel like this also gives leverage to the RFAs knowing there would be more money to be had.

It looks like purely a business move

• Like 1

Training camp to veterans=BS. I'm not competing for a job, why go through all this gymnastics. I can work out/prepare on my own, i'll be there for hte last week. Ducks let Nieds slide when he was still playing. Vets hate training camp, which is all about a prospect or two making the team.This is what's going on with Buff?