2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

20 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

As a Devils fan who grew up an hour or so north of the city, I'll always hate the Rangers most. 1994 was absolutely brutal to a 13 year old in NY.

Especially if you were an OJ fan. 

I was 15 in ‘94. It was brutal. I literally spoke about three words to anyone in the 24 hours after game 7. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I got in a fistfight with two Rangers fans at school. 

Thank God there was no texting or social media back then, all the Rag fans in my school were such fvcking morons lol. Thankfully I was not alone in combatting them though, as we also had a good number of Devils fans.

Edited by MadDog2020

17 hours ago, MB3 said:

Probably nonsense, but incarcerated bob thinks Shero has something major up his sleeve. 

Lets needlessly speculate. I’ll go first: 

Hall, 2020 1st (lotto protected) for Mikko Rantanen+extension. 

I think its bringing in another player and not shipping out Hall. One of his follow-ups insinuated if it happened, whatever it is, Shero would become a legend. I think his actual comment was Shero would be bigger in NJ than Springsteen

48 minutes ago, jagknife said:

The dude has been right, a lot, before anyone else. Exponentially more reliable than Єklund (2.3% accurate) and TheFraudPeriod.

Yeah with those guys... they likely have an actual source or 2, like you said i remember him breaking quite a few stories before anyone else... but that doesnt cover the whole league obviously... so you start spreading yourself thin going with less reputable sources. Plus not all rumours end up panning out, something its legit and then it doesnt happen.. then it looks like your bullsh!tting but its not on you.

But also obviously some of those guys are probably making stuff up or making educated guesses just to have steady content so they are shooting themselves in the foot.

10 minutes ago, jagknife said:

The dude has been right, a lot, before anyone else. Exponentially more reliable than Єklund (2.3% accurate) and TheFraudPeriod.

He's throws a lot against the wall and sees what sticks and then deletes wrong predictions. If I predict that Taylor Hall is gonna be traded and also predict that he won't be traded, then I'm right.

44 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

He's throws a lot against the wall and sees what sticks and then deletes wrong predictions. If I predict that Taylor Hall is gonna be traded and also predict that he won't be traded, then I'm right.

I haven’t seen him delete much of anything, TBH. For example, he nailed the Antonio Brown saga two days before anyone else had it. His hockey stuff is usually good, baseball eh, football is 50-50

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Despite the New York Post constantly talking about how great he is, the Rangers have sent Filip Chytil (and others) to the AHL. 

My Rangers fan brother is still pretty high on Chytil despite this news.  He still thinks there is a spot for him there in the long-term.

He is still on the fence on Kravtsov though it is still really early for him.

He is also resigned to the fact that Lias Andersson will be a AAAA-type player.

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

My Rangers fan brother is still pretty high on Chytil despite this news. 

I feel bad for your parents. You do everything you can to bring your kids up right, one turns out normal, and the other one is a Rangers fan. Who knows why these things happen. 

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Imagine having the best player on the planet, along with another elite talent in Draisaitl as your top two centers.... and surrounding them with this: 

I mean, that’s just sad lol.

Horrible. McDavid signed an 8 year deal to play in a pile of sh!t. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Imagine having the best player on the planet, along with another elite talent in Draisaitl as your top two centers.... and surrounding them with this: 

I mean, that’s just sad lol.

That pretty amazing given a decade of top picks.  Its not like they were busy stacking the back end either...well, other than the deal is "one for one" 

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 2