2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

David Pastrnak is a fvcking beast so far this season

15 goals and 15 assists in 15 games. Unreal. 

And Rat Face has 10 goals 18 assists. Wtf are they putting in the water in Boston??

Edited by Nicomo

On 11/4/2019 at 11:06 PM, Guadana said:

Interesting thing that russian is always russian everywhere, but english is so much more understandable when it isn`t  from the british islands. 

You what mate? Are you havin a bubble? It's the Queen's English all the way, unless it's a good thrashing you be wanting ya grotty little wanker. 

51 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And Rat Face has 10 goals 18 assists. Wtf are they putting in the water in Boston??

Boston's top line is just incredible they can do it all at both ends of the ice. 

Just seen Elias Peterson has hit 20 points on the season, really hoping that Nico can work towards matching his level of production or at least getting close. If Nico starts shooting more with his defensive game he could become the league's best two way forward to replace Bergeron. 

One thing I will say is that even though is is still massively early days is that the decision to take Nico over Nolan Patrick already looks settled as the better choice. The migraine issue is sounding more complex than the flyers thought. Not a single minute played this season. 

• Like 3

Apparently David Quinn would like us to believe that Lundqvist sitting for 3 straight games is part of a season-long plan to make sure he gets his rest, not because he stinks. 

https://nypost.com/2019/11/06/rangers-henrik-lundqvist-to-return-after-three-game-break/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

Ok, our goalies have stunk worse. But it’s Lundqvist and the Rangers, we are still permitted to mock them regardless. 

• Like 1

To Henrik's credit, he's kept it together a year or two longer than I thought he was capable of, the defense in front of him is historically bad, even worse than our defense in every underlying stat. But yeah, he's pretty much done, I'd imagine they're hoping and praying Igor Shestyorkin is ready for the show next season.

28 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

To Henrik's credit, he's kept it together a year or two longer than I thought he was capable of, the defense in front of him is historically bad, even worse than our defense in every underlying stat. But yeah, he's pretty much done, I'd imagine they're hoping and praying Igor Shestyorkin is ready for the show next season.

Except when he hasn’t...haha

ConfusedKindlyChital-max-1mb.gif

tumblr_inline_o3mn0onhFy1rejmr8_500.gif

• Haha 4

I enjoyed Cherry's Rock Em Sock Em tapes from back in the day since pre-YouTube it was nearly impossible to find a collection of hockey highlights. 

But other than that he has been the epitome of the "get off my lawn" out-of-touch old guy yelling at clouds. It was definitely passed the time to let him go. 

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I enjoyed Cherry's Rock Em Sock Em tapes from back in the day since pre-YouTube it was nearly impossible to find a collection of hockey highlights. 

But other than that he has been the epitome of the "get off my lawn" out-of-touch old guy yelling at clouds. It was definitely passed the time to let him go. 

🤣

Same. Good riddance to him and his clown suits.💩

Henrik Lundqvist does not stink. He's faced 36.16 shots/60 at 5v5 (3rd in the league among goalies with at least 300 minutes played) and he's faced some of the most difficult workloads in the entire league. The Rangers are terrible defensively and especially terrible at preventing high quality shots - they have the highest 5v5 scoring chances against/60 (33.17) and 5v5 expected goals against/60 in the entire league (2.93).

All that and Lundqvist has emerged with a .915 save percentage. There's no 4D chess here, the reason he's sitting is so he doesn't get worn out - especially given his age. The very good play of Georgiev has of course, also allowed the Rangers to make this decision right now.

Edited by Neb00rs

19 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Henrik Lundqvist does not stink. He's faced 36.16 shots/60 at 5v5 (3rd in the league among goalies with at least 300 minutes played) and he's faced some of the most difficult workloads in the entire league. The Rangers are terrible defensively and especially terrible at preventing high quality shots - they have the highest 5v5 scoring chances against/60 (33.17) and 5v5 expected goals against/60 in the entire league (2.93).

All that and Lundqvist has emerged with a .915 save percentage. There's no 3D chess here, the reason he's sitting is so he doesn't get worn out - especially given his age. The very good play of Georgiev has of course, also allowed the Rangers to make this decision right now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

All that and Lundqvist has emerged with a .915 save percentage. There's no 3D chess here, the reason he's sitting is so he doesn't get worn out - especially given his age. The very good play of Georgiev has of course, also allowed the Rangers to make this decision right now.

Counterpoint...he’s a Ranger. He stinks. 

• Like 7